Final Fantasy Thread

--CleonKun

Light was suppose to be in kh bbs (along with Laguna and a few others) but people were like "nah, let's just throw Zack in there lol. Make him weak and also make him the only ff character in this game."

UpSideDownGRUNT

They probably will add Lightning in some way or another, I'd honestly rather she be a boss character or something though than one of the heroes.
Goddess Lightning as the saviour was final boss material.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Are you talking the idea that Lightning became a goddess or LR in general? because almost everyone I know who has played it actually really likes Lightning Returns.

And it's personally my favourite game of the whole series, not to mention that Lightning was once voted Japan's favourite FF character of all time.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Lightning Returns has many problems that articles and even forums have issues determining if Lightning Returns is a Role Playing game or an Action game (pretty sure that was an inside joke by them) and I can totally feel on their feelings with that matter. One of the biggest downsides to Lightning Returns is the overall story concept and plot behind it, linearity, and game length smaller than it should be. It's those cases where people was glad the series ended there. At least it gave a good proper ending that saved them from making another and simply because they didn't want to take potential risk of putting the series closer to a sham level. Either end it good or end it bad, pick one...and so they chose the first option.

Now if I had to put "my own personal thoughts" on the game....I think it was a fun game even if temporary. I enjoyed the optional superbosses and battle system. My own issue was the game length and lack of exploration along with a world time forcing you to accumulate days making it less fun than it should be while conserving to prepare. This is one of the few games where you going to the ending isn't the only option. The ending goes to you as well, just slowly and more disappointing.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Alright, there was a lot of info on preorder DLC of Final Fantasy XV. You can watch it here from 32:45 on:

There's weapons from other Final Fantasy main characters like Zidane and @UpSideDownGRUNT's waifu, there's different skins for the car, like this one...

9jITrWI.png

M0pNEzr.png

CmMhmHvUgAAQY1C.jpg

...but don't get your hopes up, it's of course Japan exclusive. :p

Last but not least there is Noctis in this black suit:

giphy.gif

I would have hoped every one would get a suit...but nope...just for Noctis. :/

Jadeinchains

I'm fine with not getting that Cindy design for the car to be honest since I don't really like the look of it. I like Noctis' suit as well its very nice.

UpSideDownGRUNT

I already knew about Lightning's Blazefire Sabre, I'm the one who posted the pre-order pic when my online store announced it as a pre-order bonus lol

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Not going to derail the thread here, temporary post since it's Square Enix's holding with Tri-Ace making the game. Mostly for @SilverForte since he plays Tri-Ace's games:

So far I am up to Ethereal Queen in the bonus dungeon and she hits hilarious hard.

@samuraihachi it's been confirmed by Tri and Gamefaqs SO forums that this guy named Der-Suul is Albel's (SO3 Albel) ancestor.

Been on this game for past time and It isn't bad but definitely not the best, SO3 still hands down best game. Now if only they can work on the VP series again.

Continue on with FF posts.

Last edited:

UpSideDownGRUNT

Short RPGs is becoming sort of a trend lol Lightning Returns was only around 45-46 hours and even FFXV is only gonna be around 50.

JRPGs being short probably has to do with how Japanese gamers are alot more mobile and have less time to sink into gaming(hence the Vita and 3DS's popularity), thus, probably prefer shorter games so they don't have a huuuge backlog. (I myself am bad for this my backlog is colossal)

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I love huge RPGs. To me it is one of the most important attributes an RPG should have. I want to experience a long, winding story, I want to see my main character(s) grow over time and everything has to take place in a huge, open world that I can explore hours upon hours. :)

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Which one is best to start with?

I'd start with SO3. That one was possibly the best one plus post-game content with bosses that require your characters to be at least 140+ in levels plus the music being really good, however the game is a lot harder than the new ones (simple sidesteps, level spiking in dungeons etc.), my problem with SO3 is that it does become a grind fest and certain battles become gruesome. Similar to the first Valkyrie Profile or Silmeria, except the VP series were more sane on it. If you still have a PS2 around you could order it cheap via Amazon (or PS3 SO4 International, this one was alright...much longer and more stuff to do than SO5.)

Oh Resonance of Fate....eh, didn't like that one too much..however I do respect that game for it's difficulty and gameplay. My issue for that one is the bland looking environment that makes me feel sleepy whenever I played it, doesn't draw me in. It took me awhile to finish that game simply because I couldn't last for more than an hour without falling asleep on that, plus the game requires you to play deeper just to understand the story behind it.

Short RPGs is becoming sort of a trend lol Lightning Returns was only around 45-46 hours and even FFXV is only gonna be around 50.

JRPGs being short probably has to do with how Japanese gamers are alot more mobile and have less time to sink into gaming(hence the Vita and 3DS's popularity), thus, probably prefer shorter games so they don't have a huuuge backlog. (I myself am bad for this my backlog is colossal)

This is possibly correct: http://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=5300

Lightning Returns in accumulated rough gameplay hours is 30+/38+ hours (story only, unaware, and avoiding all spoilers run for first gameplay and depending on how they play RPGs/Never played an FF.). A 2nd playthrough with knowing what to expect and already understanding the full mechanics of the game is 15+ hours. A speed run (fastest speed run by BlitzBallKing1989) for Lightning Returns is 2+ hours without the use of glitches, meaning that Lightning Returns is by far one of the top 5 shortest FF games in history minus Chocobo games from the portables if you want to count those or Dissidia portable. (Type-0, FF1, and FFXIII-2 are the shortest games with Lightning Returns under them).

This randomizes by how a player approaches the game. For one, FFXIII-2 actually has the shortest story due to the mechanics of the game being generously easier allowing the player to pass through the game with ease making gameplay hours drastically smaller. A easier game will provide that ability to do such things whereas Lightning Returns solo character game will make things longer than it has to be.

Going by FFXV, I have doubts it will be 35+ hours. It's a bit hard to believe. The game is not out yet so who knows really.

I love huge RPGs. To me it is one of the most important attributes an RPG should have. I want to experience a long, winding story, I want to see my main character(s) grow over time and everything has to take place in a huge, open world that I can explore hours upon hours. :)

Pretty much this. I've said it countless times before...If the story, length, and core gameplay isn't that long or great, we have a problem. Graphics is merely keeping up with the times as it should be, but should never be a necessity in what makes it truly a "good" game.

Last edited:

UpSideDownGRUNT

This is possibly correct: http://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=5300

Lightning Returns in accumulated rough gameplay hours is 30+/38+ hours (story only, unaware, and avoiding all spoilers run for first gameplay and depending on how they play RPGs/Never played an FF.). A 2nd playthrough with knowing what to expect and already understanding the full mechanics of the game is 15+ hours. A speed run (fastest speed run by BlitzBallKing1989) for Lightning Returns is 2+ hours without the use of glitches, meaning that Lightning Returns is by far one of the top 5 shortest FF games in history minus Chocobo games from the portables if you want to count those or Dissidia portable. (Type-0, FF1, and FFXIII-2 are the shortest games with Lightning Returns under them).
My first ever playthrough was 45-46 hours I think, that's counting doing all possible side quests in one run, the secret dungeon and getting the Ultimas in the final dungeon. I was really invested in the game though, and even though I rushed the story (like a fool and had 9 whole days to spare before the finale) I took my time with everything else I even made sure I grabbed all possible garbs and accessories I could in one run.

I'm no completionist but that game made me want to play it more, I hope FFXV and FFVIIR especially make me do this.

Actually I wonder how long VIIR will actually be... they're supposedly adding new areas to explore and content to Midgar alone, so I'm really curious to how big and extensive it will be. Especially since if you just do main story with minor levelling FFVII can be beaten in less than 50 hours.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
From what I hear with FFVIIR, they are definitely keeping some elements from the previous game as well as adding new stuff. Gold Saucer with more mini games I hear, more things they wanted to add in the past that wasn't included in the old main game due to data disc capacity or development time costs back then. Possibly more.

Episodic stuff varies in length, the waiting is what holds everyone back to find out pretty much.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD