Game balance is a joke

bluecloud33

I wrote the Breakdown of Zack's Ducking Stance...... the mix ups and the amount of disadvantage he can shave off it is ludicrous. Plus its a good High Crush...... and then there's the usual 11Frame Mid and 10 Frame Jab to worry about...... his pokes aren't bad either because of his freakishly long legs. But most importantly.... Zack has an uncanny ability of straight up beating Wake Ups Kicks. Its crazy, man.

Jann Lee..... well I just don't like losing to that Dragon Gunning Bastard..... he's got insane knockbacks on his attacks and his known problem cornering opponents.... except for the Ninjas obviously..... its nothing serious.... I just dislike him.

For zack..... sounds about right. The wake up kick because of his superhuman thai kicks when your on the ground is unavoidable. I'm not sure who has the stronger wake up kick. Him or Racheal.

Strangely the only thing that annoys me about Jan Lee is...............even if you get behind him.. he just does a double elbow knockback! Like wth is this?

bluecloud33

Not all fast strikers are ridiculously good though *cough* phase 4 and Alpha 152 *cough*

As for actual balance DOA5 is on of the most balanced out there compared to games like Tekken where you're literally fucked if you play low tier characters.

Even if Alpha and Phase 4 are not the best best speedy strikers. They still destroy most of the characters just because of the fact they are faster. Rikuto vs xcaliburbladez 2 years back at a tournament would be my example. Rikuto being a good bayman player but was still being crushed xcaliburbladez Helena.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Um... P4 and alpha are two of the worst characters in the game.

Christie is S tier not for her speed because of her mix ups evade abilities and frame advantage, frame advantage and what a character can do decides on how good a character I not how fast they are or how much damage they deal.

Gen Fu doesn't have anywhere near a i9 jab yet he's above christie

bluecloud33

Um... P4 and alpha are two of the worst characters in the game.

Christie is S tier not for her speed because of her mix ups evade abilities and frame advantage, frame advantage and what a character can do decides on how good a character I not how fast they are or how much damage they deal.

Gen Fu doesn't have anywhere near a i9 jab yet he's above christie

The worst? Have you seen what pro's get those characters to do? Specifically Cr sonic fox and his brother kwibbles?

Also what tier are you referring to? Japan, and America if I am not mistaken has their own.

Lulu

For zack..... sounds about right. The wake up kick because of his superhuman thai kicks when your on the ground is unavoidable. I'm not sure who has the stronger wake up kick. Him or Racheal.

Strangely the only thing that annoys me about Jan Lee is...............even if you get behind him.. he just does a double elbow knockback! Like wth is this?

Rachel has the Stronger Force Tech because she doesn't need to Time it.... she will stomp right ontop of the wake up kick attempt..... Zack's one is really good because of the pressure it applies.

LoL.... Jan Lee's Back Turned Double Elbow is nothing..... go sneak behind Akira and see what his BT:P+K: does.

Leifang is another Top 5 Character because of Backturned Parries and Killer Cushes..... this is offline ofcourse..... shes just average online.

Lulu

The worst? Have you seen what pro's get those characters to do? Specifically Cr sonic fox and his brother kwibbles?

Also what tier are you referring to? Japan, and America if I am not mistaken has their own.

I've actually been watching alot of Kwiggles Phase 4 Tournament matches lately.......... Phase 4 Thrives on countet hits and her zoning is pretty good..... Phase 4 will struggle against Defensive Character's and players with well timed Fuzzy guards.

Seriously..... go check out what strikes Phase 4 has that will stun on normal hit...... they are terribal in the neutral game. But on Counter hit she can easily build momentum and not have to worry about Stagger Escaping.

Thats why Leifang is the perfect match for Phase 4.......offline.

Ayane's pretty good too. she doesn't get problems from anyone..... her weaknesses are more enviroment related than Character Matchups related.

bluecloud33

I've actually been watching alot of Kwiggles Phase 4 Tournament matches lately.......... Phase 4 Thrives on countet hits and her zoning is pretty good..... Phase 4 will struggle against Defensive Character's and players with well timed Fuzzy guards.

Seriously..... go check out what strikes Phase 4 has that will stun on normal hit...... they are terribal in the neutral game. But on Counter hit she can easily build momentum and not have to worry about Stagger Escaping.

Thats why Leifang is the perfect match for Phase 4.......offline.

Ayane's pretty good too. she doesn't get problems from anyone..... her weaknesses are more enviroment related than Character Matchups related.

I was going to say. If someone keeps hopping around with ayane without regard to their environment it won't end well if they get knocked into it. She gets in and out quickly but I knew that kind of playstyle has to carry a risk in it's own nature.

Yes her constant pressure when building momentum is something to behold.

I honestly don't think I will ever see an akira player online. Been playing for months, not one in lobby or ranked. I only get told horror stories about how godly he is if used by a good player.

Lulu

I was going to say. If someone keeps hopping around with ayane without regard to their environment it won't end well if they get knocked into it. She gets in and out quickly but I knew that kind of playstyle has to carry a risk in it's own nature.

Yes her constant pressure when building momentum is something to behold.

I honestly don't think I will ever see an akira player online. Been playing for months, not one in lobby or ranked. I only get told horror stories about how godly he is if used by a good player.

Well.... why don't jump in and be the online Akira player ?

I think its work a look, I myself want to play Akira but I can't do it on pad.... if you got the execution for it then I would reccomend Akira.....

If you become good enough with him then I'l have a better idea of exact where he belong in the tier list...... as it is right now.... I just don't know where to put him.

bluecloud33

Well.... why don't jump in and be the online Akira player ?

I think its work a look, I myself want to play Akira but I can't do it on pad.... if you got the execution for it then I would reccomend Akira.....

If you become good enough with him then I'l have a better idea of exact where he belong in the tier list...... as it is right now.... I just don't know where to put him.

Iv pondered the idea. Right now I have only the free version and bought marie rose who I main and kokoro so far.

But I am now beginning to regret making this thread. Everyone has made some points I can't truly refute. My frustration of try to defeat fellow B rank players in ranked play just got to me. I feel embarrassed now.

Lulu

Iv pondered the idea. Right now I have only the free version and bought marie rose who I main and kokoro so far.

But I am now beginning to regret making this thread. Everyone has made some points I can't truly refute. My frustration of try to defeat fellow B rank players in ranked play just got to me. I feel embarrassed now.

LoL.... oh well there's your problem right there.... Character Knowledge in DoA is very important and core fighters doesn't fully equip you to deal with all the online shenanigans.

Having access to all the characters will cut down on the frustration since then you can just take them to the Dojo and develope a counter strategy for which ever character is giving you trouble...... if possible try to get all the characters in a bundle.

All the good DoA players use multiple characters...... I myself am fairly proficient with 4 Characters.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Or just buy the full game, honestly its cheaper than buying characters.

You can probably get it for like $25/£15 if you look around.

bluecloud33

LoL.... oh well there's your problem right there.... Character Knowledge in DoA is very important and core fighters doesn't fully equip you to deal with all the online shenanigans.

Having access to all the characters will cut down on the frustration since then you can just take them to the Dojo and develope a counter strategy for which ever character is giving you trouble...... if possible try to get all the characters in a bundle.

All the good DoA players use multiple characters...... I myself am fairly proficient with 4 Characters.

I will just get the full game. Got a paycheck coming, I play it quite a bit, I may as well get the full game :D

Chapstick

I've seen a lot of him in 5LR online surprisingly

Lulu

LoL why do people keep Harrasing :ein:.

I mean I don't like him either but I don't think he's Weak. However he's certainly no Jean Kujo, thats for sure.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD