Gameplay Changes compared to DoA4

DieKrake

hey, although a little late, i would appreciate a summary of gameplay changes that have been made compared to DoA4 because i dont really find a comprehensive summary which would be surely helpful for all beginners that have played doa4 a lot! =)

i would really appreciate some useful replies!

DR2K

Umm. . . .

Some parries/holds/bt throws now allow for 1-2 hit before guessing begins.

No more holding or wake upkicks from walls, although the AI can wake up kick from it. So Team Ninja was planning on keeping it in.

Critical burst and powerblow. After enough guessing DOA5 turns into a fighting game.

Um. . . fuck?

Hopefully 1.03 brings the fighting back into DOA5.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Essentially there are more guaranteed damage situations in this game than there are in DOA 4 (in which there were approximately zero).

Not nearly enough, but more.

Reactions: d3v

FakeSypha

* Somewhat functional Sidestep mechanics (attacks have tracking and non-tracking properties)
* Guaranteed damage situations ("sit down" stun, "limbo" stun, critical burst, wall stun, and maybe others)
* Powerblows (a "super move" with charge properties only available when 50% of lifebar is depleted. Once per round, tho.)
* Somewhat improved ground game (some characters have actual guaranteed setups, which is something nice)
* Wake up kicks are now low or mid.

Maybe I'm missing something, but that's what I can recall right now.

Brute

Standard Donor
Nerfs to damage and recovery time of defensive holds
Removal of tons of Offensive Holds.
Addition of cliffhangers and "dynamic environment effects"
Serious re-balancing of characters' movelists and properties
Increased base health
New sidestep mechanics
Addition of power blows and critical bursts
Some dropped/added characters
More guaranteed set-ups
More arena-based shenanigans (snow everywhere, guaranteed ceiling follow-ups, force-tech upon crashing into furniture, etc.)

Elite Venom

Slower gameplay speed and a really crappy response time for counters. Slow to registered counters. Grappling characters like Tina, Lisa, Mila and Bayman are a nightmare to fight against and Ninjas are still OP with the nerf and streamlined Hayabusa. 3 garbage guest characters from Virtua Fighter that don't belong in the game whatsoever. The 2 new characters Mila and Rig are broken and spammable and most importantly no Leon and Ein.

Oh and Alpha 152 is now a selectable character. (which is BS)

Brute

Standard Donor
Slower gameplay speed and a really crappy response time for counters. Slow to registered counters. Grappling characters like Tina, Lisa, Mila and Bayman are a nightmare to fight against and Ninjas are still OP with the nerf and streamlined Hayabusa. 3 garbage guest characters from Virtua Fighter that don't belong in the game whatsoever. The 2 new characters Mila and Rig are broken and spammable and most importantly no Leon and Ein.

Hayabusa is not OP. Note even close.

SilverKhaos

Grappling is....odd. Bayman is easily the least terrifying of the grapplers, Lisa is just insanely hard to read, and therefore counter (both literally and figuratively), but its Bass and Tina that get irritating because, as a mila player, its frustrating that their ground grabs can come out and beat my "lying down takedown" that has armor. So once i'm knocked down, I can't do much, whereas otherwise I could get up by attempting her mount from laying down.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Grappling is....odd. Bayman is easily the least terrifying of the grapplers, Lisa is just insanely hard to read, and therefore counter (both literally and figuratively), but its Bass and Tina that get irritating because, as a mila player, its frustrating that their ground grabs can come out and beat my "lying down takedown" that has armor. So once i'm knocked down, I can't do much, whereas otherwise I could get up by attempting her mount from laying down.

IS THAT RIGHT?

Elite Venom

Oh yeah I forgot about Bass, I haven't played against many Bass players so Idk for sure but I can imagine him pressuring you and knocking you down, picking you up and mixing in between grabs and med kicks. It doesn't help that they balance his speed and damage.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD