Good Characters for Spacing?

I'm sorry that my first post in the forums is a new thread. I've searched threads where I could ask this, but I haven't found any.

Which characters are most suited for spacing? I'm Soul Calibur player and I'm used to a lot of spacing. From the videos I've seen of DoA5, spacing plays too little a role. Only Ayane seemed to be good for spacing.

Are there other characters that do this well - playing elusively at long range?

miyodarius

Only characters that come to mind is Lisa since she has long range moves and is able to keep her distance with her back flip. Brad Wong, also since he has so many retreat moves. Also some of his good moves tract, so that helps keeping your opponent where you want them.
Annnd, I'm not sure if spacing is how you play Hayate, but I know you can play him that what. his able to get in your opponent face in an instance.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Jann Lee, Lisa, Ayane, Brad Wong have crazy movement properties that serve both defense and offense well. Hayate has basic movement, but his "dashes" make for some interesting shenanigans.

Alpha doesn't exactly have stellar movement since her neutral teleport is AI only, but her strings are so long that she can close the distance simply with an attack string that seemingly never ends... and that makes her a scary bitch. Oh, and she can get you with an offensive hold from across the stage and make you explode. Also fun.

Eliot has a similar situation to alpha, and acts almost like a "spear" in the way he is played.

Rig has above average movement, but is primarily suited to closing distance offensively rather than defensively. Kasumi is pretty mobile in all regards as well.

The VF characters all have crazy good movement, but require finesse to backdash correctly.

Other characters are middle of the road (hitomi, genfu, leifang/etc), or slower and require more in the way of good reads than proper spacing techniques (ie bayman/bass).

TakedaZX

What they said... though...

With Lee, it's about spacing but closer spacing then the rest of the mid ranged characters... Most of the time it seems like with him it's about really getting that first hit, and then proceeding with the onslaught of mixups then dropping in that dragon gunner, to a 66k into the wall following up with some wall combo...usually 8ppp, and well, that's Lee for ya most of the time...well that's how it looks like they're playing at least.

As for Hayate, to have a good time with him what you want to do is if they're up close to you, push them off, and once you do that the fun begins, because after they go rolling you've got a few moves that will allow you to come in and put them back on the ground again then send them flying, again, and then maybe come in and throw in a grab or launcher. Unfortunately, he's pretty unsafe most of the time. :/

Tones

Premium Donor
Brad Wong has a few moves that knocks him back and down if you get hit during it. Such as BT k+f, 4pk/8k, 6k+f. Lisa's jumping things as well.

Lisa has a good backdash (214214214214)

MajesticBlue

Define spacing, If you just want to create space go with Mila or the VF gals. The movement they have is bar none the best in the game. Not too sure if they have any good options at range though.

You could try Ryu out. His new tools are best used at range I feel.

I mean retreating. Attacking from afar. Attacking from afar and remaining far, if opponent blocks. Attacking at tip. Pushback. These things.

Zeo

The VF characters all have crazy good movement, but require finesse to backdash correctly.
Really? Because I feel like a snail trying to move around with Akira compared to the rest of the cast. Maybe Sarah and Pai have some of the best movement in the game but I'm not seeing how Akira does when I can pick Hayate and move around the screen literally twice as fast.

Maybe I'm just not doing it right, I need to see this in action. Too bad no one uses Akira.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD