Good game, Bad game Online/Offline thread

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
GG's to Tokyo Pew Pew, who pretty much just has their way with me every time I bump into them online. I'll start taking some wins from you eventually, one day.

Hey thanks, that have been some great fights, GG's to you too!
No worries, I'm sure, with just a little bit more training and experience you will kick my ass next time. :)

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Some people tend to do sports because of the fun, not for beeing competitive. Same goes for DOA. I'm sure, acting like a stone, free of emotions (not accepting or making a complement from/to your opponent) will make people not to play with you. Now try to play Football alone for example.

Even if you dont care about DOA online, you could accept that the people you have met there do, without bringing up your post here in this thread starting with:

I don't play DOA online to be competitive, but there is nothing fun about the online, either. I see the game different from those who have/do play online all the time. So for me complimenting how someone played online again is silly. Now I've played plenty of players who asked me my opinion on how they play and believe me they don't consider me someone who act like "stone". Neither does the ones I've met offline.

Pictured Mind

I don't play DOA online to be competitive, but there is nothing fun about the online, either. I see the game different from those who have/do play online all the time. So for me complimenting how someone played online again is silly. Now I've played plenty of players who asked me my opinion on how they play and believe me they don't consider me someone who act like "stone". Neither does the ones I've met offline.

I kind of understand what you mean.

I play offline once a week with some friends and after that you really notice how weird it is online. Of course, I don't play top tier players offline but it doesn't matter. There still is a big difference between on and offline. However, I have played some people from DOAW and FSD and I can honestly say I had good and fun games with them. As long as the netcode/lag doesn't fuck me too hard I have fun.

UpSideDownGRUNT

GGs to everyone who I met on ranked (funnily enough I didn't even run into any spammers today)

and to everyone that joined my lobby

Demoth

So in an effort to get better with Brad and put to use all that I've been (re)learning about him since my DOA 4 S-rank days, I had a pretty good night beating people, or losing and understanding where I went wrong.

But good goddam, I think after midnight, every ranked game I lost (all were pretty close) I would get taunted ruthlessly. If I won, I would get a 3 page essay about how I'm a scrub and should get a life.

I don't remember this ever happening in DOA 4 or vanilla 5 for that matter. But ever since 5 Ultimate, whether it's ranked or lobby, it's been an unbelievable stream of salty abuse. Is it because the game is more popular than the predecessors and thus the chance to being exposed to jackasses is higher, or does this particular version just cause massive quantities off buttmad?

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
Bad games to o MEGATHRON o. After I'd won three matches against his Hitomi, he wrote:
"garp grap grap...same moves = no skills".

Actually, I did not grab/hold him (I'm not really good in this btw), I rather throwed him because he was spamming grabs like hell.

*Edit* since grabs = throws on FSD he might be right with that. Nevertheless, I don't like hold spammers x)

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
ggs to everyone in the um, pseudo-cup. Lots of great Izunas.

I had a funny feeling @ballr4evr was going to stick it out until the end. Mess up once or twice and he's got you. Good stuff.

ballr4evr

ggs to everyone in the um, pseudo-cup. Lots of great Izunas.

I had a funny feeling @ballr4evr was going to stick it out until the end. Mess up once or twice and he's got you. Good stuff.

It was a great game Brute, good stuff! Hopefully I can make the Hayabusa remake cup tomorrow lol

RoboJoe

Good games to @Awesmic . What a beastly Christie, really drove home the fact that the extent of my Christie knowledge is that she has a 9f jab. I'm going to have to go to the lab with her. Shame you left so soon though, but I suppose it must have been boring for you to destroy me and that other guy over and over. I don't really play online, but if you ever want to play again, just message me on here or xbl.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Good games to @Awesmic . What a beastly Christie, really drove home the fact that the extent of my Christie knowledge is that she has a 9f jab. I'm going to have to go to the lab with her. Shame you left so soon though, but I suppose it must have been boring for you to destroy me and that other guy over and over. I don't really play online, but if you ever want to play again, just message me on here or xbl.
Good games @RoboJoe.

I had to leave because Summer Wars is on Toonami tonight. It was brought to my attention when my roommates were making popcorn and funnel cakes.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD