DOA5U Guard Breaks - How To Use Them

Hazard

Standard Donor
That is highly likely..... especially considering that I genuinely do have Fat Fingers...... and I was using the Thumb Stick.

You know if the initial move was alil bit slower then the whole string would be much easier to perform.... its always the 2nd part that trips me up.

I prefer Akira's :P+K::5::4::3::F:.... well...I don't necessarily prefer it... I just like it.

The SPoD and GBoD go hand in hand. One for when they're not blocking. One when they are.

The GBoD, however, is a bit more useful than the SPoD IMO. While the SPoD can be done in stun, neutral, etc., the GBoD does more damage. Also, if you're playing somebody that actually guards and SE's (basically not mindlessly pressing buttons) you can force them to block, which is why there are GBoD set ups.

Lulu

The SPoD and GBoD go hand in hand. One for when they're not blocking. One when they are.

The GBoD, however, is a bit more useful than the SPoD IMO. While the SPoD can be done in stun, neutral, etc., the GBoD does more damage. Also, if you're playing somebody that actually guards and SE's (basically not mindlessly pressing buttons) you can force them to block, which is why there are GBoD set ups.

A part of me wishes the AI would use those 2 moves..... its so boring and one dimensional without them.

KING JAIMY

I can't check right now but if I remember correctly Akira's 6P+K guard break also guarantees a 666P follow-up. Is there any situation in which we would use this move over his 6_P, 66P or 46P? And is it even possible to input 666P before the opponent can guard again? I mean, you have to input three directionals and a punch in a very tight frame window. Also, what are effective follow-ups after 666P?

If it's not guaranteed, then disregard what I have asked.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
I can't check right now but if I remember correctly Akira's 6P+K guard break also guarantees a 666P follow-up. Is there any situation in which we would use this move over his 6_P, 66P or 46P? And is it even possible to input 666P before the opponent can guard again? I mean, you have to input three directionals and a punch in a very tight frame window. Also, what are effective follow-ups after 666P?

If it's not guaranteed, then disregard what I have asked.
It is guaranteed; however, I believe it just knocks them down rather than launching. (check me on that though). You can actually pop off a double palm too, which has a greater knock back distance.

KING JAIMY

It is guaranteed; however, I believe it just knocks them down rather than launching. (check me on that though). You can actually pop off a double palm too, which has a greater knock back distance.
That sounds interesting but I doubt it is nearly impossible to input those command in such a short time window.

KING JAIMY

That sounds interesting but I doubt it is nearly impossible to input those command in such a short time window.

EDIT: Yay,1000th post! :)

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor

On normal hit (which is what happens when you hit someone in advantage) 666P knocks down. It only launches on Counter hit

Eks

Play Yakuza
Premium Donor
I can finally do GBoD with ease on the right side by doing :214::P::+::K:, :6::1::P+K:, :236::P:, :4::6::P::+::K:. Apparently my thumb doesn't like doing :214::P:, :6::4::P::+::K: so doing the opposite actually works for me which I didn't know I could do that.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD