Guilty Gear Xrd (UPDATE: Arcade Version Opening!)

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Ragna has taken his Fruity Pebbles home, ladies and gentlemen... The Attitude Era of Arcsys fighters that is Guilty Gear has returned (as an actual fighting game this time), and this smokin' hot trailer truly delivers in the Rock and Stone Cold rivalry that is Sol Badguy and Ky Kiske... oh, and for certain fans of a certain character like myself, a small treat at the end:

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Just saw this. So fucking pumped for this game you have no idea. Millia, Zato-1, and Eddie all shown at the end too. I hope Justice makes a return and is again completely broken but most importantly Chipp had best come back and be completely badass.

dawnbringer

Great news. Although my favourite character hasn't made appearance. Really looking forward gameplay changes. As the name may suggest it's not a continuation of XX-series, but rather X-series, maybe.

Also shoutouts to the dust loop (2:08).

oh, and for certain fans of a certain character like myself, a small treat at the end

Obviously you're a Zato-1/Eddie fan.

Ghosty-J

I'm seriously pumped for this game right now! Although I'm gonna miss the 2D sprite art style of the old games, I seriously can't wait to play my Baiken again : D Also looking forward to Chipp, Anji, and A.B.A.

Wanna know what's funny? They announce a new GG, yet still no word on GGXXAC++R coming to consoles. WTH Arcsys? ._.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Maybe Johnny won't be trash tier? I can always hope.

Glad to see Arc Sys is starting to move away from sprites and is moving to modern models. Sprites are nice but this is kind of nice to see.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Hard to say if Order Sol will be back. That was definitely just Sol Badguy in his traditional incarnation though.

X51

tumblr_lnpxx7Tus01qakgd0.gif

d3v

Known facts.
-Confirmed characters Sol, Ky, Millia and Eddit (aka the ones in the trailer)
-Game is set about 1 year after Overture meaning it is a true sequel.
-Will run on the SEGA RingEdge 2 arcade board.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I'll be curious to see if Eddie and Zato-1 are separated at all. Story wise they shouldn't be but things don't always make sense with ArcSys games lol.

X51

The actor that dubbed Zato-1 in GG and GGX died of a brain stroke. That's why Eddie killed Zato died after facing Millia in GGX. I see it as a way to remember his work for the game as noone will ever be Zato-1 in the series anymore.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Ah I didn't know that bit of background. Still, a new voice actor wouldn't be out of the question. It'd be also interesting for there to be a new host.

X51

Eddie has a new voice actor since his first appereance as a character. The thing is to find out how he survived this long when he was almost dead at the end of GGXXAC+.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Great news. Although my favourite character hasn't made appearance. Really looking forward gameplay changes. As the name may suggest it's not a continuation of XX-series, but rather X-series, maybe.

Also shoutouts to the dust loop (2:08).

Obviously you're a Zato-1/Eddie fan.
No.

Millia's my favorite in the series.

X51

Known facts.
-Confirmed characters Sol, Ky, Millia and Eddit (aka the ones in the trailer)
-Game is set about 1 year after Overture meaning it is a true sequel.
-Will run on the SEGA RingEdge 2 arcade board.
How you know that is set after Overture?

d3v

My favorite part about the trailer is how even the "anime cutscenes" are done in cel shaded 3D. That bit at the end with Millia is almost at Paperman levels of animation quality.
How you know that is set after Overture?
Various sources all over the internet.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD