Guilty Gear Xrd (UPDATE: Arcade Version Opening!)

synce

Not sure I like the new look... And where the hell is Dizzy? Always been a GG fan but never cared for Sol or Ky and the gay undertones

xINFINITELIGHTx

Yo this game needs to be learned by me because all I did was play with slayer and think he was a bad charact3r when in reality he is very good but I cannot play with evil character anymore so I gotta step my game up and pick sol bad guy all day!

JESUS IS LORD AND HAVE A BLESSED DAY EVERYBODY!

X51

Ky is the good guy. Sol is an anti-hero that doesn't mind to kill if he has to, and usually he tries to do so as it's the easiest way for him to achieve what he wants.
Slayer is a vampire that has an inmortal female partner that allows him to feed without killing or scaring anybody else and Potemkin's mentor. He also quitted the "Assassins Brotherhood" he started (or so, I don't remember well that part of the story) and he seems to be doing nothing but live and have fun.
You should read a bit of background before decide who is "bad" or "good" according to your religion :)

xINFINITELIGHTx

What? Religion? Religion had nothing to do with me choosing sol badguy. I knew he was an anti hero and ky was more of a hero. I knew slayer was a monster that's all I needed to know not to pick him. RELIGION HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ME PICKING GOOD GUYS. I am the INFINITE LIGHT and I will only SHINE through GOODNESS!

JESUS is LORD! Have a blessede day EVERYBODY!

Reactions: X51

SaihateDYNAMO

Bridget revealed!
83T7GpJ.jpg

ScattereDreams

I don't know. It's so odd because I'm good at Blazblue and could easily transition over to Persona 4: Arena. But whenever I tried GG I just couldn't really get it

d3v

I don't know. It's so odd because I'm good at Blazblue and could easily transition over to Persona 4: Arena. But whenever I tried GG I just couldn't really get it
GG has a higher execution barrier due to things like FRC and having less hitstop.

Also has shorter combos than the other 2.

dawnbringer

GG has a higher execution barrier due to things like FRC and having less hitstop.

Also has shorter combos than the other 2.

Hitstop is practically the same (~13 frames for level 3 attack). But GG has significantly less hitstun and air untechable time, and attacks are generally much faster. Persona 4 Arena has about the same hitstun as GG, but slower attacks.

Combo mechanics for GG are very different to BB and P4A, with many additional variables, like air pushback, progressive pushback, and gravity scaling.

d3v

Yeah, I mixed up hitstop and hitstun.

That said, you can't deny that BlazBlue can have its combos go on for days (Kazunoko makes Arakune look like an MvC3 character when he gets started).

Rawbietussin

Potemkin really looked odd in fully-armor. He's like a robo knight.

I think I'll be looking forward for this but I need my red witch guitarist who likes to spur up crude jokes.

Rawbietussin

Millia's costume colors are yellow/black now with some square hat? Her outfit oddly resembles Elesa from the first Pokemon Black/White.

I still needs I-No.

Last edited:

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
The new engine looks amazing. Doesn't even look 3D, it's what KOF should have done if they didn't decide to be idiots and use a 3D cel-shaded model just as a screenshot tool to pixel art it.

Reactions: d3v

d3v

Millia's costume colors are yellow/black now with some square hat? Her outfit oddly resembles Elesa from the first Pokemon Black/White.
Who's that?

Most of us are actually getting a Maetel vibe from her.

Maetel.full.337108.jpg

The new engine looks amazing. Doesn't even look 3D, it's what KOF should have done if they didn't decide to be idiots and use a 3D cel-shaded model just as a screenshot tool to pixel art it.
Actually, SNKP is reportedly hiring folks to work on something to produce graphics similar to this.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I just want some gameplay footage of Chipp and Sol. Given the timeline I fully expect Sin to be playable as well.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD