Halloween Designer Challenge 2015

Hailo_Hwm

I reworked and tweaked it a bit but.. almost doneee xD Just need to add details to the gown
10411340_1049714085042123_1985205241612654238_n.jpg

Chinese Empress Leifang!

Kronin

Very nice! I'm glad that you are doing something on the style of your previous work (your avatar) =)

Last edited:

Darkslay

So i decided to give a shot. Though i already know they won't pick mine since it is too detailed and TN seems to prefer simple designs. Had to do it fast since i'm busy rest of month. I'm still not sure about color palette.

2vdiqo7.jpg

Wish the theme would be different. I'm not good with Halloween..

YEEEEES!!!! I love it, i've yet to put mine together but i totally wouldn't mind if this one made it.

Last edited:

namesjames

Heck yeah! Was really hoping that Team Ninja would run this contest again! Even if rules and selection methods have been unclear in the past I still think it's a rad way for Team Ninja to engage it's fanbase.
Uh-huh huh you said stiff......

I look forward to your Tina design. That sentai Tina from last year was nice glad it got in whoever made it deserves money.
Thanks Dr Snipe, that was my design!

Candy Dragon

I see a handful have already been posted on the Facebook wall. So far I'm not a fan. Already too much booty and boobs lol.
Working on my own at the minute.

Do you think somebody will gather all the entries together like last time?

Dr Snipe

Premium Donor
I reworked and tweaked it a bit but.. almost doneee xD Just need to add details to the gown
10411340_1049714085042123_1985205241612654238_n.jpg

Chinese Empress Leifang!
This is gonna sound weird but this reminds me of big trouble in little china.

Heck yeah! Was really hoping that Team Ninja would run this contest again! Even if rules and selection methods have been unclear in the past I still think it's a rad way for Team Ninja to engage it's fanbase.

Thanks Dr Snipe, that was my design!

You sir have given me many good moments in the game with your great costume. Please keep up the good work. I 100% voted for it.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I see a handful have already been posted on the Facebook wall. So far I'm not a fan. Already too much booty and boobs lol.

Wait till you see, what the Japanese designers created... XD

There are some, that I really like though:

11154948_10206554412201198_3324936738301541977_o.jpg

11148479_10206550767950094_8818550214022016248_o.jpg

The second one relies to much on textures though. If implemented like this in the game, these are going look horrible... x__X DOA5 and good textures...just not possible.

synce

I'm just not sure why people are rushing into this.. it goes until the 31st...

No entry limits...

Anthony's really putting in some work! I see like 30 entries from him lol All different poses and stuff too. I'm just using one template for all my entries, if I can even find the time to work on them..

UpSideDownGRUNT

^ That's be cool, except did they forget the Chinese Zombie/vampire costume already existed for Leifang? All that is really is the the same idea TN already gave her and made it Suupa skimpy. :/

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Some really nice ideas/designs...but some we already had. Also, how are people supposed to vote for these outfits, if they are all on one sheet? The artist should make each one an individual entry. I'll totally vote for Tsar Christie. *__*

Mayor-Of-Mustard

how are people supposed to vote for these outfits, if they are all on one sheet? The artist should make each one an individual entry.
wouldn't TN split it up into separate votes if you get what I mean?????? Like crop the picture >.< hard tae explain.

I have 3 entries but I can't draw and they're not really Halloween themed so good luck to everyone :p

Kronin

Just like the last year, think that I will wait to see the new entries online before to come with some ideas for my outfits, I want to be the less possible influenced from others, even at cost to create ideas already realized- By the way knowing my previous designs not sure if this not influence is a good thing... very likely not! XD

@namesjames Never known that the author of that Tina's Halloween outfit was an FSD user, my congratulations for your great work! In my opinion your outfit was simple and perfect at the same time, an hard balance to reach ;)

No entry limits...

Anthony's really putting in some work! I see like 30 entries from him lol All different poses and stuff too. I'm just using one template for all my entries, if I can even find the time to work on them..

Ahaha! This is exactly what I wrote him on Facebook, I'm expecting to see from him 30+ outfits xD He is truly a tireless forge of new ideas, I really envy him! :D

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
wouldn't TN split it up into separate votes if you get what I mean?????? Like crop the picture >.<

Probably... But I wouldn't count on it. The other contests weren't that well organized either. There often were entries twice or missing or in the wrong category...so I wouldn't take any chances and submit something, that might cause problems. Tani-san, who basically runs these contests alone, does his very best though, I know that. :)

Kronin

^ Exactly. Honestly I wouldn't ever try to send my designs in an unique drawing, this seems to me an useless way to complicate your life or the one of the organizers with a further process (the crop) that could or couldn't come (theoretically yes, but actually we already saw as in the past problems emerged...)

It would be better to send the entries separated, it's just the matter of a few minutes of work from you for a sure outcome in the end that everything will be fine at the moment of the pool.

Last edited:

TOBMAST3R

I'm going to try it again. =) The quality of this contest is supposed to be really high because a lot of artists do know about this challenge I guess. Can't wait to see the submissions of FSD-members!

Xhominid The Demon Within

If I can bother to really draw on pen and paper, I can try a Chinese/Japanese type regal goddess dress for Nyotengu, but I think I'm pretty shit at it and it would take me awhile to even get it good to make it recognizeable(but considering that very bad drawing of Kokoro made it into the game...)

Argentus

Thought up another possibly badass design for Leon. Not sure if itll look good on paper as it does in my head though.

I got nothing for the rest of the cast though. No real inspiration for them.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD