Halloween Designer Challenge 2015

Rubedood

Most of my submissions were half assed but I have high hopes for magician and the Leon designs at least.
11223720_1613134765603579_1048185565960256306_o.jpg

11258030_1613487108901678_226054665407938828_o.jpg

10688234_1612810355636020_8471179705113687028_o.jpg

11357263_1613217092262013_6941035367360655971_o.jpg

11393566_1613770982206624_3354898057498058949_o.jpg

11289410_1613877095529346_8053580001910366373_o.jpg

10985184_1613886095528446_2434086286979933450_o.jpg

11130424_1613893425527713_5070348475590354377_o.jpg
Wish id put a little rose on the magician hat in hindsight, plus i shoukd have made the front as tight as the back of the pants, and various details across the designs. Shoulda put some laçey floral trim all over honokas dress as wellThere was also my blue mila redesign, but that won't make it in and I can't find it on their fb anyway.

And on Dunestone, coloring didn't come out half bad since i took like a minute on it lol

Its bugging me that we can't see all submitted designs this time, to get a feel for what may make it in game.

Like that Rachel one a lot, reminds me of Menace from Queen's Blade, who I'm a fan of.

Leifang

I really hope Team Ninja Like my Leifang Butterfly Fairy Halloween Costume. I know it's not something she's known for. I wanted to be different and not do a cliche Panda or Phoenix costume, which I knew so many were going to do. Also I didn't want to feel like in a box with her. So I went outside her usual iconic panda and phoenix symbol. Leifang is a friendly and sweet character, so I thought of a fairy. To make it extra cute, how about a butterfly fairy. Beside, she's already something dark like a ghost and demon tiger thing from the last Halloween DLC outfits. Not to mention she have enough black, red and white colors anyway. The color pink came to mind because she don't have a pink costume. To make it clear, I am very aware of her Nurse and Pajamas Costume. They're mainly white with pink pattern or pink line trimming. A patter or line trimming doesn't make it the main color. At any case, some pink wouldn't hurt to have in Leifang costume collection.
My Leifang 2015 Holloween Contest Costume Part 1.jpg

Last edited:

Macca Beam

Out of curiosity, have they replied to ALL of your submissions yet?

My first one got a reply, but they haven't responded to my second batch in 2 weeks. It's a pretty huge batch; I wonder if I should poke them about it.

Leifang

Out of curiosity, have they replied to ALL of your submissions yet?

My first one got a reply, but they haven't responded to my second batch in 2 weeks. It's a pretty huge batch; I wonder if I should poke them about it.
No they haven't reply to me at all. So what did they say to you?

Macca Beam

I sent by mail. They just said "thank you for your entry".

Then I replied to that with a follow-up but I don't even know if Gmail actually bumps it to the top of the recipient's inbox.

Leifang

Oh okay, I sent mine on Twitter. But they didn't say anything to me. I just wrote them email wondering if they got my design or not.

TOBMAST3R

I had a short talk with Team Ninja on Facebook about "not replying to mails / entries". They told me: "Don't worry Tobi, we got everything". As we know, TN got over 1500 submissions, so you don't need to worry. I guess there wasn't time to answer all mails yet.

Leifang

I had a short talk with Team Ninja on Facebook about "not replying to mails / entries". They told me: "Don't worry Tobi, we got everything". As we know, TN got over 1500 submissions, so you don't need to worry. I guess there wasn't time to answer all mails yet.
Oh okay @TOBMAST3R , thanks for the update. I hope TeamNinja are right.

Kronin

Oh my, I posted my Raidou's design on Facebook actually at 00:01 P.M. of my timezone... I considered safe it because I got a like from TN and in the end I don't think that they really give attention to the timezone of the single states (at the most they could take note of when is passed the midnight on an entire continent). But now this fuels again my doubts... :(

I want just hope that when they talked to @Argentus about treat the fans fairly, actually they were talking about their impossibility to send a feedback to every fans for the reception of the design (and not about the timezone deadline).

Also, nice design @Leifang =)

Leifang

Oh my, I posted my Raidou's design on Facebook actually at 00:01 P.M. of my timezone... I considered safe it because I got a like from TN and in the end I don't think that they really give attention to the timezone of the single states (at the most they could take note of when is passed the midnight on an entire continent). But now this fuels again my doubts... :(

I want just hope that when they talked to @Argentus about treat the fans fairly, actually they were talking about their impossibility to send a feedback to every fans for the reception of the design (and not about the timezone deadline).

Also, nice design @Leifang =)
Thank you very much @Kronin, it means a lot hearing that from you. :D <3

Macca Beam

Curious about "personally selected winners will receive a special present from Team NINJA". Was there a similar thing last time and what's in the special present?

Kronin

Curious about "personally selected winners will receive a special present from Team NINJA". Was there a similar thing last time and what's in the special present?

The last times Team NINJA assigned special gifts to the authors of the most voted designs, the authors of the jury awards (the designs favourited by Team NINJA) and apparently even to 10/15 random people - voting to the contest the first time, partecipating to the contest the second time - as they have always announced (but of course we don't know who were).

Examples of the prizes given were

Dead Or Alive artbooks signed from the Team NINJA members (this one in particular is a photo got from the winner of the first contest @Tyaren with Punk Eliot, as you can see the TN's "Characters Lead Art" even made a drawing of it on the internal page of the cover):

14394602691_b11d2d2c5e_o.jpg

Jacket inspired to Kasumi's main outfit:

V4PJWBW.jpg

Secondary prizes as towels, soundtracks, trading badges or mousepads and maybe other things (all DoA5 related):

1052652_503361953101228_1453316044_o.jpg

Of course no one got all these prizes, from winner to winner (and even according to the placement in the top list or if a jury awards one) the prizes got were different. The customized artbook and the jacket were of course the most prestigious.

However keep in mind that we don't know exactly what will be the prizes this time and how they will be distributed, because TN remained vague on it (it's also possible that maybe the authors of the DLC outfits couldn't get them at all). Of course everyone is partecipating for seeing his/her design in game, but personally I would love to get that "DOA History Book"... :p

Last edited:

Macca Beam

Thanks for the detailed explanation!
I still don't have LR for next-gen/PC so I was kinda aiming for it, but the artbook sounds even better lol

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD