Halloween Designer Challenge 2015

nothingtosee

I decided to make a few but considering im generally suck at digital art and havent installed the proper software i chose to make soma attempts at a more traditional approach, still want to make something for Helena or Christie.
2015-05-05 22.14.02.jpg 2015-05-09 12.15.59.jpg 2015-05-09 17.48.48.jpg 2015-05-07 22.13.49.jpg 2015-05-09 18.19.30.jpg

Tyaren

Standard Donor

JKT

@Kronin Honestly I'm thinking of entering, but someone did the idea in my head but for a different character, and I'm thinking how mine could even compete T^T!

Kronin

@Kronin Honestly I'm thinking of entering, but someone did the idea in my head but for a different character, and I'm thinking how mine could even compete T^T!

I'm sorry for it, this reminds me of your phoenix outfit for Momiji of last year challenging Leifang's analong one. By the way I think that you could try to use it as model for making an outfit sharing the theme but with characteristics completely diffferent.

I'm avoiding to see the entries posted on twitter or facebook for avoiding of being influenced from them, but the opposite problem is that i could come with ideas already used from someone.

JKT

I'm sorry for it, this reminds me of your phoenix outfit for Momiji of last year challenging Leifang's analong one. By the way I think that you could try to use it as model for making an outfit sharing the theme but with characteristics completely diffferent.

I'm avoiding to see the entries posted on twitter or facebook for avoiding of being influenced from them, but the opposite problem is that i could come with ideas already used from someone.
Yeah I saw it and thought of how mine can be completely different. I'm changing it all now in my head XD.

You're right, if you see what others have done it might change how you think about your own entry. But if you don't, you might do something the same as someone else without knowing, then people might bash you for "copying". I don't know >_<.

Speaking of which, I'm seeing people enter their previous designs from last year. Is that allowed? If it is I'd post that phoenix Momiji again lol. I don't see the point though >_<. And can you submit more than one entry for the same character?

Blash

I decided to make a few but considering im generally suck at digital art and havent installed the proper software i chose to make soma attempts at a more traditional approach, still want to make something for Helena or Christie.
View attachment 11111 View attachment 11112 View attachment 11113 View attachment 11114 View attachment 11115
Tengu Rose! That has my vote, looks GREAT!

@Kronin Are TN judging this? Its not a public vote?
Shit, that changes everything!

Kronin

@JKT I believe that there is no problem to post again your design from the other year. I know that just one time was discarded, but technically this year could be the best one for the character, so...
Alternatively you could also try to slighty change it for making it loyal to your previous idea but again not completely the same (hopefully improving it with the alterations).

And yes you can submit more than one entry even for the same character, the same TN said this to me, read this post: http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/halloween-designer-challenge-2015.5651/page-6#post-260419

@Blash Well, this is what seems to me from that sentence of TN that I reported in the overmentioned post of mine: "But at this time we won't do any popular vote from the community."

In addition, in the rules of the contest nowhere is reported that there will be a pool (while I believe to remember that in the previous editions was explicitely stated).

By the way don't think that for this reason the outfits for the females will not include any fanservice (this is impossible of course considering that we are talking of DoA), but btw it should be not addressed to the excess as some of the entries that entered in the previous Top Ten Halloween pool and that were later discarded from TN. Overall I think that in the top ten there will not be only female characters this time (or at least, male characters have an huge chance).

JKT

@Kronin Hmm I think I'll submit it again but change a little bit here and there to make it better. Thanks!

I decided to carry on doing what I thought of. But I'm making my costume more skimpy since that's what TN likes, which is a shame. Sorry Momiji T^T![/QUOTE]

Kronin

@Kronin Hmm I think I'll submit it again but change a little bit here and there to make it better. Thanks!

I decided to carry on doing what I thought of. But I'm making my costume more skimpy since that's what TN likes, which is a shame. Sorry Momiji T^T!

No problem, in the end this time you can submit how much entries you wish, so you have nothing to lose from doing something similar (and like said you can always enter even with something different for Momiji in addition to the Phoenix design). I'm the first one to be in doubt if reworking my Ein design or making something different for him after to have done with my current one.

Also, doesn't get the fanservice thing as a rule or something excessive: after all the Momiji outfit that was favourited from the same Hayashi is not particularly exposed. Even the Phase 4 reworking increased it, but I believe moderately in comparison with other DLC.

07.jpg

17.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: JKT

JKT

No problem, in the end this time you can submit how much entries you wish, so you have nothing to lose from doing something similar (and like said you can always enter even with something different for Momiji in addition to the Phoenix design). I'm the first one to be in doubt if reworking my Ein design or making something different for him after to have done with my current one.

Also, doesn't get the fanservice thing as a rule or something excessive: after all the Momiji outfit that was selected favourited from the same Hayashi is not particularly exposed. Even the Phase 4 reworking increased it but I believe moderately in comparison with other DLC.

View attachment 11117

View attachment 11118
Thanks Kronin, I'll remember this ^^!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD