Halloween Designer Challenge 2015

synce

Well they got 1000+ submissions, I think there has to be at least 30 that are completely unique. As great as some of these entries are I want to see costumes that aren't in DOA

(maybe save the animal/egypt/pirate/etc for theme packs)

KwonJigglypuff

number two kind of looks like a disney princess

Yes, but she's beautiful. Also, Marie-Antoinette is a big symbol and part of the popular knowledge regarding France. I believe Japan, without knowing everything about her history and fate, do like her appereance. I would bet on that one.

It's also nice for once to have something colorful for Helena. Halloween 1 : dark succubus. Halloween 2 : dark emperess. Helena, especially in DOA5, is a good and powerful "Queen".

Haven't seen many guys outside of Ryu. Not many virtuas either. Haven't seen a single Pai besides EC's

I have seen many Lisa surprisingly.
Not many VF characters. Not many Zack, Bass, Bayman, Brad.

UpSideDownGRUNT

The best Ein I have seen is Eternal Shadow's... problem is, it's not halloween at all and therefore likely has zero chance of making it in.

Rawbietussin

I was too late in my timezone but yeah I made a half-assed 18th-century Brad. :/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    888.7 KB · Views: 242

Rawbietussin

I hope, you submitted it anyway? >__> If not...

nFSebim.gif

How would they know or verify, which timezone you are in. ;)

Submitting it when it's already near 2 AM here? Lol. Most Southeast Asian countries are an hour late from Japan's time so if it was 12 Midnight on my place right now, it's 1 AM in Japan.

How do we submit entries again?

KwonJigglypuff

Didn't have time to redraw my Carnival Lisa (so original, I know...)

Anyway. I wanted to have more feathers but here it is.
I tried to make a simple design, because I know TN won't bother doing something extravagant for Lisa...

1433094819-10516883-642583889203367-6752674277392752482-n.jpg

Too bad there is no oatmeal Ein this year.

Xhominid The Demon Within

That's just how it goes.. people in this community get uppity over the littlest things, so just expect it.

Honestly, over half of those zombie hunters are mine.. I just did it for fun and because I was scrutinized for one of them, so in turn I decided if they "really disliked" the one, they would really dislike more. ;)

That's actually my biggest gripe about these contests. I've witnessed it 2 times where people lost their shit at "promiscuous" or "unfitting" costumes winning the contest and people going nuts and going so far to even degrade the artist winning.

It's kinda sad when people start degrading others for the fact that their art is now immortalized in the game they love rather than congratulating them that they even won because it's not what they wanted.

TOMA SAN

Standard Donor
i dont understand all you say because i m fench i still need to learn english ;) but if i understand this is my opinion all guys can participate to this challenge art is subjective so... i respect all form of art art exist to express your style and its a lifestyle for some guys. make art for peace not war ;)

UpSideDownGRUNT

The "Zombie Hunter" ones I like are Yaiba Hitomi and Yaiba Mila they're just awesome and look like something their characters would actually wear.

TOMA SAN

Standard Donor
lol @Tyaren too clothed XD i dont want see a rig "gender" i want see a badass rig !!
hum yes i know the make up looks like joker in dark night but
USFIV fei long looks like bruce lee
DOA jann lee looks like bruce lee

lol i think this make up are not a properties of warner bross :)

Argentus

lol @Tyaren too clothed XD i dont want see a rig "gender" i want see a badass rig !!
hum yes i know the make up looks like joker in dark night but
USFIV fei long looks like bruce lee
DOA jann lee looks like bruce lee

lol i think this make up are not a properties of warner bross :)
They are though because that's specifically the look of Heath ledgers joker. No other clown has ever looked like that (right down to the purple coattail suit).

Only way to get away with that makeup without obviously ripping off the dark knight is to drop the clown suit and put rig in a tube top and miniskirt so the smeared makeup looks like a hooker after a rough night.

Not to be mean just pointing out that designs aren't allowed to rip off existing designs. A generic clown would be different, but that is instantly identifiable as Heath Ledger's Joker. It looks like you just cut his hair and put on different pants.

You could change the color of the shirt, lose the eye shadow and tweak the lipstick to a cleaner grin and you should be fine. Just make it less "smeared" and lose the purple :)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD