Halloween Designer Challenge 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadeinchains

What time is the preview for the outfits? I know it's on the 23rd but there are different timezones for some. EST?

"15:30 to 16:00 – Dead or Alive 5: Last Round TGS 2017 Special Broadcast – The development team reports from Tokyo Game Show 2017. In addition to the announcement of the “Designers Challenge 2017” results, there will be new information shared for the first time during this broadcast. Featuring Yosuke Hayashi (producer), Yutaka Saito (art director), and special guest Yamima.
Read more at http://gematsu.com/2017/09/koei-tecmo-announces-tgs-2017-lineup-stage-schedule#5buquEWm9TLZOyJZ.99"

I'm guessing that's Japan time so for me it's 7:30.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
"15:30 to 16:00 – Dead or Alive 5: Last Round TGS 2017 Special Broadcast – The development team reports from Tokyo Game Show 2017. In addition to the announcement of the “Designers Challenge 2017” results, there will be new information shared for the first time during this broadcast. Featuring Yosuke Hayashi (producer), Yutaka Saito (art director), and special guest Yamima.
Read more at http://gematsu.com/2017/09/koei-tecmo-announces-tgs-2017-lineup-stage-schedule#5buquEWm9TLZOyJZ.99"

Gotcha, all we can do now...is wait lol.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Was it December this year? I somehow remember it being 2018...
Scans of what? DOA6? XD I wish, lol.

Well in a way, NEC of next year is the last battle royale for the tournament players (or so I've heard). It's at this point where one might hint that DOA5 might not even be supported anymore (course, anything can happen so there's that). I also doubt of them running another one next year. Truthfully, DOA5 as a series is pretty old. However I also get the feeling that perhaps the sequel could be much earlier than winter next year. For example, I'd pick TGS of 2018 rather than 17, and then the real game at 2019.

I was going to say NEC of this year is also possible, but it's pretty vague since all Tom said "It's a tournament you don't want to miss". Unsure if he means more people coming from japan or an announcement.

Or DOA6 scans could be right around the corner in two days, options are pretty open and reasonable. My pick is next year.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I still think a release of DOA6 in 2019 would be an unfortunate business decision. :/ The new consoles, PS5 and whatever Microsofts does with its Xbox brand, will be just around the corner in late 2019/early 2020 (according to analysts). DOA basically would've sat out a complete console generation, leaving all the spoils to Tekken 7 alone, especially after Soul Calibur 6 and Virtua Fighter 6 are also coming very late or not at all. They got to seize this opportunity and grab some of the free market share cake, now.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor

So today or....

Sonicfan11589

Question: You guys said that they will announce the winners of the costume design contest? Is it just a few characters like they did in past years? Because I don't expect them to show all characters, I remember having to wait to see the VF fighters' costumes when the dlc trailer released or when they leaked on the Japanese microsoft store.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Question: You guys said that they will announce the winners of the costume design contest? Is it just a few characters like they did in past years? Because I don't expect them to show all characters, I remember having to wait to see the VF fighters' costumes when the dlc trailer released or when they leaked on the Japanese microsoft store.

It's probably only going to be a few characters for the early reveal, and then everyone next month via twitter secret scans to kinda throw people off a bit, and then the trailer likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD