Halloween Designer Challenge 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argentus

in my head it was a kung fu outfit. But as I put it on paper and tweak and modify the details, its slowly turning into more of a Ninja Pirate Captain.

MartialArtist Mila_WIP.jpg

HHH816

i'm thinking of a yellow bruce lee jumpsuit with the previous bee design for her plus open chest area

Legendary Goken

Standard Donor
capes were known to be formal wears in the olden days, especially shoulder capes. Prestigious individuals wore capes to show their charm and stature, it was a fashion statement for the sophisticated, before superman came along and made it a superhero thing.

some pirates wore capes.

Argentus

I was actually talking about Argentus' design. The cape suggestion would make it look less like a reskinned Iron Fist, so I'm all for that.

The overall resemblance to Iron Fist is pretty coincidental. Only thing I used him for reference was sleeves and shoes and I wound up dropping those anyways, as you can see. Design so far wound up being a mix of lady Shiva and Mockinbird. *Hint, the bandanna mask thing isn't exclusive to Iron Fist*

But yeah i'm sitting between keeping it as a martial artist outfit or making it a more ornate pirate style outfit.

Brute

Standard Donor
Hint: It's not the banana mask that makes it look like Iron Fist. It's the mask, with the waist sash, with the upturned collar.

Your primary inspiration could have been a luxurious wedding cake, but the design still looks like a reskinned Iron Fist.

Argentus

Hint: It's not the banana mask that makes it look like Iron Fist. It's the mask, with the waist sash, with the upturned collar.

Your primary inspiration could have been a luxurious wedding cake, but the design still looks like a reskinned Iron Fist.
*shrugs*

We've had more blatant copycat submissions before, like how that guy requested worstkokoro give Hayate a Red X costume right there, rig has a johnny depp costume, Tina got a Viewtiful Joe costume submitted by a fan, etc, etc etc.

At least mine's coincidental and may not still look like Iron Fist when i'm done. I'm having fun adding on to the design.

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
We've had more blatant copycat submissions before,
If you want to hold low standards to match other people with low standards feel free. But if you're suggesting that I shouldn't be seeing a reskinned Iron Fist just because other people have made some uninspired designs, I'm not on board.

that guy requested worstkokoro give Hayate a Red X costume right there, rig has a johnny depp costume, etc etc.
Funny enough, the red X and the navel are the two parts of the costume that bothered me. The overall design deviates enough from the DC design that I wasn't gong to bring it up, but that's the first thing I thought of, too.

spikes and hair

THE_WORST_KOKORO

Standard Donor
lol...

You guys need to chill out. It's just a costume contest, nothing to get riled up over.
I'm not siding with Brute by the imitation comment... but when you are given an idea from someone.
Take that idea and add to it, add your own personality and flare to it. Which is what I did with the "Night Owl" design for Hayate

I added the Red X, as a reference to the character itself. It might bother some people but thats fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brute

Standard Donor
I forgot that being witty means you're not chill. I'll be sure to speak as blandly and plainly as possible from now on to avoid riling things up.

Also no double-posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD