Halloween Designer Challenge 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggeh

Hey folks, I'm new around here but thought I'd drop by and say hi and maybe join the discussion. I designed Tina's winning costume this year, it's my second time entering the contest (first time was in '13? The first time they did it anyway), and I was really stunned and happily surprised to find out Team Ninja picked my entry. It's been incredibly gratifying to hear strangers on the internet have such positive things to say as well. So to anyone who liked my entry for Tina - thanks! I'm so glad you like it ^^

Since it appears there's a few folks in this thread who have also had winning entries (this year and in the past), maybe you could help clear something up for me: Just the other day I was made aware that apparently the top 10 picks (the ones presented at TGS?) are to receive some kind of prize. To those of you who've won in the past, when and how should I expect them to get in touch? Because I've not heard anything so far. Did any other of this year's winners hear anything?

Sotherius

First, congratulations on winning, your Tina design really fits her and looks really good (plus i also like your artstyle as well. heheh).

I'm not sure if all the top picks will receive anything, but i imagine they will try to contact you through the way you sent the entry if that is the case, @Tyaren could help you better here.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
@Jiggeh, first of all, welcome here on FSD! :)
Awesome to know a great artist like you joined the site. I really like your work!

Regarding your question and Sotherius mentioning me:
Team Ninja changed the personnel in charge of the contests and they changed how they handle the contests. Before it all was frankly better organized and one didn't even have to ask how to get into contact with them. They initiated contact on their own. So I do not how they handle it right now and I don't know if they even give out prizes (additionally to the greatest prize of having one's costume in the game. ;) ) anymore.
If they still do give out physical prizes and they don't have your email address or any other way to contact you (was there something on your costume submission to contact you?), you best contact them over on Twitter or Facebook, where the contests took place.

Jiggeh

@Jiggeh, first of all, welcome here on FSD! :)
Awesome to know a great artist like you joined the site. I really like your work!

Thanks for the kind words, and the info.

Well, the thought of prizes hadn't even occurred to me beforehand (I certainly didn't expect my entry to win, much less that I could get something on top of that), but I just happened to notice the other day that on the page for the contest on the official DOA5 site there's this line:
10 selected designers will receive prizes from TEAM NINJA and KOEI TECMO GAMES.

I sent my submission via both e-mail and on twitter, so they shouldn't have any trouble getting hold of me. I was mostly just curious if I should feel worried about not having heard anything yet, but I guess I'll just stay tuned. If I hear about people here getting contacted about prizes and I still haven't heard anything, I guess I'll start yelling at them. :p

Boogie

@Jiggeh they'll email around the time the pack is about to release or afterwards. usually email but if they don't have your email, they'll DM you on twitter asking for your address. i think last year they emailed me afterwards. but they'll get in touch with you before the month is out.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Screenshot_20171006-213014.png

Hayate. If the shirt is that tight in game I'm definitely buying XD @King Anubis

@THE_WORST_KOKORO you won!!
C-9TQSJW0AErWra

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
That means only the following are left to reveal::akira::alpha152::bayman::ein::eliot::genfu::helena::jacky::jannlee::kokoro::lisa::leon::mila::naotora::nyotengu::pai::rachel::cyborg::rig::sarah:

And we all know DAAAAAAAMMMMNNN well who's not getting shit XD
:mai:

I still have hope for my Ein, Eliot, and Naotora design so I hope to cash out this year:cool:

Argentus

I am cautiously optimistic about my entries.

The pessimist/cynic/skeptic side of me knows full well Mila will just get something generically "Cutesy".

the optimist, that barely there part of me, actaully thinks I did a decent job on my 3 entries so there's a fair shot.

Conun

I entered knowing my entries had zero chance and some were too out there. :cool:

At this point i'm glad the long wait is over to start seeing what won.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Screenshot_20171007-213008.png

Alpha 152, either it's one of these green ones

This one has a huge possibility of being the winner, color is identical and the textures seem to match up

C-_coRGVoAAXyY2

C-_cwRoV0AAIUHQ

This one is SUPER unlikely but who knows??
C9KKMJcUwAAt6a6

It could also be Zack, a Twitter user asked if it's his "Brocoli afro" or something but I searched all the costumes and didn't find that, let alone many Zack entries at all. If there really a Broccoli Zack outfit it's likely been emailed and not tweeted

Scratch that, its Alpha, it has that energy stuff around her in the picture like she usually has

Last edited:

Argentus

View attachment 24366

Alpha 152, either it's one of these green ones

This one has a huge possibility of being the winner, color is identical and the textures seem to match up

C-_coRGVoAAXyY2

C-_cwRoV0AAIUHQ

This one is SUPER unlikely but who knows??
C9KKMJcUwAAt6a6

It could also be Zack, a Twitter user asked if it's his "Brocoli afro" or something but I searched all the costumes and didn't find that, let alone many Zack entries at all. If there really a Broccoli Zack outfit it's likely been emailed and not tweeted

here i was thinking it's just an afro for zack.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
here i was thinking it's just an afro for zack.
I thought so too but then I noticed that surrounding energy haze XD it's not exactly see through tho so they probably used a darker color shade of green which is why I think it's one of the two above, every other design for her is non green and the other green one had a cyber head piece which ruled it out

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD