Halloween DLC 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

werewolfgold

Enjoy your 10,000 new bikinis and fetish outfits. After all, you won't buy this, and if TN can't make money from actual effort, why not just go with something sure to get money?
Don't people just pick and choose the outfits they want regardless? That's why they also sell them individually.

But, this is almost a trap, though. Many would argue that the fact that Mila and Sarah got a hand-me-down and some characters got copy-pasta as a lack of effort on their part. We can sit back and talk about possible time constraints, etc. But, if there's a legitimate dislike for a costume (and perhaps in @Argentus' case, the costumes for, like, the only two people that he uses), I don't think they should be forced to buy it under an ultimatum.

It kind of reminds me of the Darkstalkers Resurrection situation. "Hey, we're going to release 2 out of the 3 DS games in a collection that are kind of inferior to the originals you may have already bought in terms of characters and other things. Not to mention inferior to other collections we may have released that had all of them. And the netcode isn't that great. And there are a bunch of glitches not present in previously released versions. BUT, IF YOU DON'T BUY IT, IT MEANS THAT YOU DON'T LIKE DARKSTALKERS AND WE'RE NEVER DOING ANYTHING WITH THE SERIES EVER AGAIN!!!! lulz"

Well, in this case, just buy it piecemeal. At a marked-up price, but...you know...

Last edited:

Argentus

...really? Really?

Not the costumes, you guys. You're getting one of the best packs from a design standpoint, a pack that has costumes for more than just the popular girls, most of them being fan-voted ones, and all you can think about it "WHAAA EGYPTIAN CHRISTIE WHAAA COPY PASTE WHAAA LEON AND MILA GET SHAFTED"? To the point where you'll not buy the whole pack for just a few bad costumes?

That's what I call Community Strike One. I think I need to find a new DOA forum.

Enjoy your 10,000 new bikinis and fetish outfits. After all, you won't buy this, and if TN can't make money from actual effort, why not just go with something sure to get money?
You expect me to care about costumes for characters I don't use? I don't care how amazing nyos outfit is when they didn't even bother with Mila, my main. This was a chance for her to get something cool. Instead she got generic sexywear #27.

The only two I use, got completely shafted.

Of course I'm gonna gripe.

Although. I will away that if Leon got that flannel logger shirt as a regular outfit minus the werewolf gimmick, I could paid it with milas c2 in tag! Keep the chest and arm hair though :)

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I share your pain @Argentus . :( I know how engaged you were with designing something great for Mila in the past two contests, only to get disappointed this much. As Chapstick says, Momiji's pretty terrible mummy costume really is like a slap in the face, especially for Mila costume designers...

Argentus

I share your pain @Argentus . :( I know how engaged you were with designing something great for Mila in the past two contests, only to get disappointed this much. As Chapstick says, Momiji's pretty terrible mummy costume really is like a slap in the face, especially for Mila costume designers...
Bleh. At the very least, I'm reusing elements of my first contest submission to help refine the design for an OC so it wasn't a total loss...

This Halloween contest just....I dunno it just makes me want to punch a turkey or something

Pictured Mind

...really? Really?

Not the costumes, you guys. You're getting one of the best packs from a design standpoint, a pack that has costumes for more than just the popular girls, most of them being fan-voted ones, and all you can think about it "WHAAA EGYPTIAN CHRISTIE WHAAA COPY PASTE WHAAA LEON AND MILA GET SHAFTED"? To the point where you'll not buy the whole pack for just a few bad costumes?

That's what I call Community Strike One. I think I need to find a new DOA forum.

It's not just the costumes. It's the fact there's been a whole contest, where TN got tons of good submissions for basically every character in the game and they decide to be lazy as dicks and copy a costume and put it on Mila for example.

Of course they won't buy the whole pack because there's bad costumes in it. I can't even blame people for not buying costumes at all since two/three costumes in DOA is the same price as half a "replay value" DLC in another game.

Not this strike stuff again

I think Mila players have good reason to be pissed and it's insulting to the people that submitted entries for her. Seeing these teasers for contest outfits and then crossing their fingers hoping their design will be the one that gets picked just to find out she just had Momiji's terrible mummy copy and pasted onto her. I would be furious tbh

I don't think "furious" is a good way to feel about this. Of course, her costume is just a copy so you're not happy about it. In the end it's TN's decision which costume makes it in the game and we shouldn't expect them to pick a costume we like over a costume they think will sell better.

Malibu

aj3YZzqbBRw.jpg

Extreme disappointment.

Aerospark

Standard Donor
u lyin stop tellin lyes
i speak the truth and only truth on jesus name with my hand on the bible i swear on my life with the strongest of all prayers
Actually, I don't know why everyone finds it suits her. Someone care to explain please? Not dissing it. Just wanna know why it goes with her.
'cause rachel has an ass worth looking at apparently

AsheMann21

Well, Rachel rules anything ass related, so no surprise there.

Truth be told, I can't get over Valkyrie Rachel not making it in. Maybe that's why I refuse to accept it... Ah well, gotta move on~

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD