Halloween DLC 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogie

the costumes do look better in motion then teasers and leaked stills.

i have this smidgen of hope that the next packs are just contest entries from the first contest released similar to the casual packs last year. then the possible winning entries in LR? they release a pack every month so it would be...kinda strange to not release something til? but I'm probably wrong.

DeSharko18

the costumes do look better in motion then teasers and leaked stills.

i have this smidgen of hope that the next packs are just contest entries from the first contest released similar to the casual packs last year. then the possible winning entries in LR? they release a pack every month so it would be...kinda strange to not release something til? but I'm probably wrong.

i would like that ... i preffer contest costumes than these copy and paste outfits LOL ! xD there are a lot of nice ideas for the major part of characters... and i would love to see my design in-game... i really see Brad wearing it ... and i would like to see it for all the people that supported it to be the 1st Brad costume on the first contest, including Master Ari (one of my :bradwong: Idols) xD brad needs dirty costumes and his chinese hat :D in DOA5 he has only 2 and are the same with different color... :p

Kronin

:helena:I realize this was made for Kokoro, but it fits Helena more. It has more of a sense of elegance to it that last year's costume lacked.

1111qq
from gamefaq made me notice also that Helena's Halloween outfit this year matches with Christie's one of the last year, and vice versa.

:kokoro:I don't really see this as a swap, given certain details being changed. I like it, mostly because I like the artist. Besides, it makes sense a traditional Japanese girl like Kokoro would put on something from Japanese mythology.

Actually Momiji and Kokoro are outfits from 2 different designs:

136.jpg

224.jpg

Exactly as for Marie Rose and Sarah witches outfits, the theme is the same (the Kitsune from the Japanese folklore) but the outfits born actually from different fan entries.

:phase4:A good choice. It makes her look menacing. The use of the hood also helps. On a side note, is the icon for Phase-4 a reskin of the Alpha icon? Subtle... -_-

Actually the clones icons Kasumi Alpha and Alpha-152 are all purposefully specular to the one of the original Kasumi. Mr.Wah suggested to continue the trend even with Phase-4's one.

:alpha152:Who's betting she doesn't get anything new in Last Round?

On Facebook in these days fans posted ideas for Alpha-152 (me included), hoping that finally TN will decide to include even her in the next DLC packs.

someone knows if there's a possibility to take off Eliot's pirate hat? i haven't got eliot's pirate costume and i want to play brad with total loose hair would be cool to have an option to take out for brad :)

thanks! :bradwong:

I need toi check again but I'm sure that you can't remove Eliot's "headgear". However you can wear glasses over his eyepatch XD (I'm hoping that the same will be possible with Ein's pirate outfit).

I'm sure this designer can understand this sentence and in a future costume contest he will try to design something that fits better with Kasumi.
"We did some of rework or changed characters what we think it's best fit with Halloween outfits this year. Still we respect original authors"
https://twitter.com/TeamNINJAStudio/status/521968179070111745
TN loves his design, but TN don't want it for Kasumi, for any reason.

To be honest I believe that the author sepcified that the outfit wasn't for Phase-4 not only for the obvious similar appearence of the two characters, but even because recognizing that a such dark outfit was more fitting for the clone than for Kasumi considering her nature and role in the series. So I think that he is the first to realize the reasoning behind TN's choice.

Congrats to legibifou for the Momiji outfit! Although I'm honestly a little disappointed my entry didn't make it, I'm still really happy that your entry took off! Its looking awesome!

JKT I believe that you misunderstood my previous post: actually Legibifou's entry for Momiji was the Oni one and I was expressing my sorry for both of you not being able to make of your outfit the Momiji's one for the DLC pack (I really like the current kitsune, but personally I prefferred your ones).

219.jpg

Last edited:

Argentus

"Again, we thought it's better. Nothing else. We know some of you are complaining, but I hope they are still happy with different characters. If not we won't do this contest again ever. "

https://twitter.com/TeamNINJAStudio/status/521970856797691904

This is having a terrible end. I feel quite sad to see how some fans are reacting. They should understand that DOA is property of TN and contest designa should be understood as proposals, but not as mandatory designs. It is unfair some people complain so much, and costume contests will end because of that.
I would say to all that are complaining so much, go and do your own game instead of try to obligate companies to do what you want.
Its hard to feel bad when the complaints are REALLY justified. Most of it is awesome, but that does NOT excuse the shitty Mila and tn needs to understand that.

As for costumes on the wrong characters, fans need to understand that can happen. Its not ideal or even wanted, but it was done in previous games and is to be expected.

Tn needs to understand that there will always be complaints so long as they continue go essentially flip people off with their dlc.

Darkton93

See, this kind of language, "Flipping off," "insult," "offensive," all that? That's what leads TN to believe we hate them. Try saying that to a person in real life and see what you get. Words don't exist in a vacuum, and they can have power. I most certainly don't want to lose costume contests altogether, given TN seems incapable of making anything on their own other than fan designs, so we need to clean up our language. "I have problems with," is okay. "It's an insult," is just mean.

legibifou

JKT I believe that you misunderstood my previous post: actually Legibifou's entry for Momiji was the Oni one and I was expressing my sorry for both of you not being able to make of your outfit the Momiji's one for the DLC pack (I really like the current kitsune, but personally I prefferred your ones).

219.jpg
@Kronin oh I think I got things wrong XD. Edited.

@JKT Hey hey :) I wished one of our costumes may win. I'm still a fan of yours. Unfortunately...

Reactions: JKT

Kronin

Its hard to feel bad when the complaints are REALLY justified. Most of it is awesome, but that does NOT excuse the shitty Mila and tn needs to understand that.

As for costumes on the wrong characters, fans need to understand that can happen. Its not ideal or even wanted, but it was done in previous games and is to be expected.

Tn needs to understand that there will always be complaints so long as they continue go essentially flip people off with their dlc.

I understand your disappointment @Argentus, but the fact is that this pack is for the most objectively (without counting personal tastes on the original outfits) a good thing compared to what we ask to TN. So I think that we should appreciate the good sides of it, without avoiding to make notice them that this is the right path but that it's possible to do better according to what are our opinions.

Last edited:

Argentus

There will always be complaints no matter what TN does. Heck, maybe there's people out there who do like what Mila has?

You'll just have to hope that your favourite design is in future DLC or even DOALR. *shrugs*
I know, m just saying in this particular situation, I have every right to be pissed.

JKT

@JKT Hey hey :) I wished one of our costumes may win. I'm still a fan of yours. Unfortunately...
I think honestly we all had really good Momiji costumes, so TN was spoilt for choice XD.Let's hope both our costumes make it in the future ^^!

I know, m just saying in this particular situation, I have every right to be pissed.
I know how you feel. Keep your head up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD