Have you leveled up?

Jin Masters

Hey whats going on FSD? Im just here to shed some light on what the FGC has been thru since Doa4's release and how you may have gotten better.

So to just to recap if your like myself who loves the fighting genre but are passionate about DoA here's what you may have been through since Doa4:

Virtua Fighter 5(console)
Virtua Fighter Final Showdown
Soul Caliber IV
Soul Caliber V
Tekken 6
Street Fighter 4
Super Street Fighter 4
Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition
Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition 2012
Blazblue Series
Mortal Kombat 9
Skullgirls
Marvel vs Capcom 3
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Street Fighter x Tekken
Persona 4 Arena
Street Fighter III Third Strike

I mean that's a whole bunch of damn games. And if you were like myself you took the time out to watch high level match video, participate in forums and become competitive in each and every last one of those games. Because you may laugh before I played Doa4 I played..... I think halo or somthn(i dont remember =/ ) but the fact of the matter is that your mind should have leveled up, your skill should have leveled up. You should be way more of an elite player than what you were 7 years ago.

Because quite frankly "IM A FIGHTER"... YOUR A FIGHTER... So lets take this beast Doa5 by the horns and show this FGC who loves to bash the game(which sickens me... was watchn the biased tekken tag 2 stream the other day and they trolled the crap outta doa5) and show them that WE TOO ARE FIGHTERS. We can compete with the best and have fun while doing it. Doa5 will be a great game, you know why? Because we are great, we got the stuff that MJ gave the looney toons in the water bottle in space jam. So lets join together as a community, continue to level up, and support the game we love. Because the game will only last, as long we put into it.

synce

1996_space_jam_001.jpg

Darrell

Yeah. Went through all those games. Haven't tried Persona 4 or the marvel series. I think I'm officially done with Capcom or any fighter that requires too strict of button execution. Skullgirls and Blazblue are tight though. Crouch medium twice shouldn't feel like just frame attacks. Tekken 6 was great, but I love customization, and the scenario mode wasn't worth it. Sold that ish cause of it. VFFS, SCV, MK9, are great. P.S. Your last paragraph was a bit Disney. lol

chocogerman777

pretty harsh, don't you think?
I don't think it's harsh..
What's harsh is when people go out of their way to bash games that they don't even like. I hate that.
For example.. I don't like Street Fighter..so I ignore it. I don't go around insulting the game,I don't go around insulting its fanbase,I don't go around trying to convince other people not to play it.

shunwong

I have been playing VF5FS. I have a 55% win rate. Considering I'm a beginner with only a few months into fighting games, not bad I guess. In the great scheme of things: I still suck :)

AegisOrnus

I'd say I learned a ton from all of those games. I've dabbled in each fighting game that's been released since then. Controlled input, proper punishments, and effective utilization of tools and how to find them from SF4, memorizing longer strings from MVC3, situational combos and reflexes from Tekken 6, my own strengths as a player from Blazblue, just a lot really. Then I went back to DOA4 and almost none of it applied. I was, however, able to learn an entire movelist and utilize a fighter with competent proficiency in about 1-2 days flat. I'm hoping and praying that DOA5 will carry more traits from other fighters so that I really am stronger because of my newly acquired skills and experiences. From what I've played and seen so far though, it doesn't look like I'll have to worry about it.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
To answer the topic question, leveling up is impossible for me.

I'm always a beginner. I never stop learning.

Brute

Standard Donor
I unfortunately don't have enough time and money to try all these, and in general I'm not big on the fighting game genre (2D fighters tend to bore me with their awkward flow, sticky controls, etc.)

I played SCIV. Suffice to say I had no interest in SCV after seeing how far they'd fallen from SCII (though I hear V>IV).
I've played MvC3, which I'm decent at as long as I use my main team (who consists of mostly high-tier characters, but sue me; they're flashiest and most fun).
Also played Mortal Kombat. I'm very good with Scorpion, though that's because he's OP. I've gotten quite good with Jade and Nightwolf as well, through practice.
I also got SF:IV:AE. It's good, but I guess my aversion to 2D fighters just hits it hard. I never got invested enough to learn it very well, as even if I won/lost I generally didn't have the same thrill other fighters award me.

TL;DR: I love DoA, and I've been waiting a long time for a new fighting game worthy of the title. I'm dying with anticipation.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I've never actually been good at any fighting game, but I always try to be. Out of all of those games listed, I've played a few, but only really got invested in Mortal Kombat. I play Freddy Krueger. I love that zoning mother fucker. I also use Kenshi, Kitana, and Mileena.

I'd say that Mortal Kombat is currently my favorite, but I hope that DOA5 takes that spot.

Also played Mortal Kombat. I'm very good with Scorpion, though that's because he's OP. I've gotten quite good with Jade and Nightwolf as well, through practice.

Actually, he's pretty underwhelming. He seems really good at first, but he's actually low tier. Nightwolf isn't that great either, though not entirely terrible. Jade just sucks.

Props to you if you're actually good with these guys. You're repping low tier.

matsu

I played almost every game you listed Jin Masters.In fact fighting games were always my favorite genre but i really leveled up with easier acces to online play.i began with Street fighter2 on Snes and i'd always remember how cheap dhalsim and fireballs were for me at this time:).

When if first played SF4 online, it was hard to bypass the "scrub" mentality but i finally made it with training and dedication.I know that SF4 has flaws but it really opened my mind about competitivness.That 's why i hope in a near future to participate real tourneys to challenge myself, but France really is lacking in term of fighting scene and it's hard for me to travel atm...

I really love DOA's identity that's why i hope this new iteration will reach my expectations,and see by myself the good influence this dedicated community had for this fresh start.

Anyway that's how i really level up

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD