Having problems with the VB body

IAmJason

To whom it may concern,

I was trying to replace a game default VB body with a nude VB body with help from this tutorial: DOA6 Beginners Modding Tutorial. I followed the instructions to the letter, but when I imported the G1M and tried to view it with Noesis, I got this error: Noesis Error. I remember reading somewhere to just ignore it, so I started up the game and this happened: Invisible Ayane. I can't figure out what I did wrong and would appreciate any help. Thanks

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
To whom it may concern,

I was trying to replace a game default VB body with a nude VB body with help from this tutorial: DOA6 Beginners Modding Tutorial. I followed the instructions to the letter, but when I imported the G1M and tried to view it with Noesis, I got this error: Noesis Error. I remember reading somewhere to just ignore it, so I started up the game and this happened: Invisible Ayane. I can't figure out what I did wrong and would appreciate any help. Thanks
If the mod is invisible and the game crashes after that, that means you did something wrong.

From what I can tell you probably used a G1m file that was already modded on, those won't work when you try to export them back in the game. You'll have to use a fresh one. If you try to export a nude based G1m back in you'll always get the crash, any file that you use that has dots surrounding the body means you won't be able to securely export it back in the game since those dots are hidden meshes. You'll have to use a fresh version of the G1m from the game

An example is if u use costume 30 which is the swimsuit for the girls and guys, if I use a nude based mod from that slot, I'll have to then delete the 30 slot g1m and get a fresh standard doa6 game G1m so I can export to the virgin G1m. If the G1m you are using has dots that make up a clothes silhouette, that basically means it's not a virgin G1m and you'll need to get a new one

Last edited:

IAmJason

If the mod is invisible and the game crashes after that, that means you did something wrong.

From what I can tell you probably used a G1m file that was already modded on, those won't work when you try to export them back in the game. You'll have to use a fresh one. If you try to export a nude based G1m back in you'll always get the crash, any file that you use that has dots surrounding the body means you won't be able to securely export it back in the game since those dots are hidden meshes. You'll have to use a fresh version of the G1m from the game

An example is if u use costume 30 which is the swimsuit for the girls and guys, if I use a nude based mod from that slot, I'll have to then delete the 30 slot g1m and get a fresh standard doa6 game G1m so I can export to the virgin G1m. If the G1m you are using has dots that make up a clothes silhouette, that basically means it's not a virgin G1m and you'll need to get a new one
What I was trying to do was make a topless version of Ayane's purple dress costume. I don't think there's any unmodded nude VB bodies, are there? If not, then my dream is dead :(

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
What I was trying to do was make a topless version of Ayane's purple dress costume. I don't think there's any unmodded nude VB bodies, are there? If not, then my dream is dead :(
Don't worry it's not, you Just have to port the nude boobs to where the doa6 boobs would be and hide the clothed boobs

An example would be if the boobs were in the 1 and 2 VB, just import the nude body boobs and export the doa6 nude boobs to those VBs and hide the doa6 clothed boobs parts

IAmJason

Don't worry it's not, you Just have to port the nude boobs to where the doa6 boobs would be and hide the clothed boobs

An example would be if the boobs were in the 1 and 2 VB, just import the nude body boobs and export the doa6 nude boobs to those VBs and hide the doa6 clothed boobs parts
I guess I'm still doing something wrong. I bet I have to resize something, because the nude body's boobs are slightly smaller the the original one's. And I'm just supposed to hide the meshes or do I also delete their vertices? Or leave them?

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I guess I'm still doing something wrong. I bet I have to resize something, because the nude body's boobs are slightly smaller the the original one's. And I'm just supposed to hide the meshes or do I also delete their vertices? Or leave them?
You shouldn't have to resize anything since as long as the meshes are placed normally it should work. The issue if the Ayane is not loading is that you're using a G1m that was already modified or exported like mods already done and using the G1m. You'll need a fresh one from the game itself, so if you're using one for a COS_001 you'll have to get a fresh virgin G1m from the game and then export it so you can use it in blender. G1ms that are already used will not work and will crash in game but you'll get an easy indicator you did something wrong if you try to use the G1m hide tool and it won't allow you to hide anything, or if it does and you try to hide the stuff it'll do the function but will automatically exit without your input

IAmJason

You shouldn't have to resize anything since as long as the meshes are placed normally it should work. The issue if the Ayane is not loading is that you're using a G1m that was already modified or exported like mods already done and using the G1m. You'll need a fresh one from the game itself, so if you're using one for a COS_001 you'll have to get a fresh virgin G1m from the game and then export it so you can use it in blender. G1ms that are already used will not work and will crash in game but you'll get an easy indicator you did something wrong if you try to use the G1m hide tool and it won't allow you to hide anything, or if it does and you try to hide the stuff it'll do the function but will automatically exit without your input
Here's the steps I go through to try to mod it:
1. I extract the g1m with the rdbtool from the game
2. I export/import it to blender with the g1m export with vgmap tool/vb and lb Blender plugin
3. I then note the vbs I want to hide and then select them with the g1m hide tool
4. I then repeat step 2
5. I then export all the vbs one at a time and use the g1m import tool to recreate the AYA_COS_001 g1m
6. Then I try to mod it into DoA6 to see is it works or not

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Here's the steps I go through to try to mod it:
1. I extract the g1m with the rdbtool from the game
2. I export/import it to blender with the g1m export with vgmap tool/vb and lb Blender plugin
3. I then note the vbs I want to hide and then select them with the g1m hide tool
4. I then repeat step 2
5. I then export all the vbs one at a time and use the g1m import tool to recreate the AYA_COS_001 g1m
6. Then I try to mod it into DoA6 to see is it works or not
Yeah that's probably why it's not working. You're importing the importing the G1m that you already modified, if you use the hide tool, that's modifying the G1m and you won't be able to successfully port it into the game since it's been modified, hiding, and exporting a mod from blender will make you unable to use it for a custom mod

I'm not sure exactly what your issue is but it seems like you are trying to use a G1m that you hid meshes from and that won't work. You'll have to import the G1m, manually delete them in blender and then you'll have to import the nude body so you can then export the nude body parts to where the normal boobs would be. It's possible to export modded parts to a doa6 G1m thats untouched since you can hide what you don't need but that's not possible with a G1m that's been modified already

IAmJason

Yeah that's probably why it's not working. You're importing the importing the G1m that you already modified, if you use the hide tool, that's modifying the G1m and you won't be able to successfully port it into the game since it's been modified, hiding, and exporting a mod from blender will make you unable to use it for a custom mod

I'm not sure exactly what your issue is but it seems like you are trying to use a G1m that you hid meshes from and that won't work. You'll have to import the G1m, manually delete them in blender and then you'll have to import the nude body so you can then export the nude body parts to where the normal boobs would be. It's possible to export modded parts to a doa6 G1m thats untouched since you can hide what you don't need but that's not possible with a G1m that's been modified already
I know you said you don't have time to make a guide for something like this, but if you could find the time, I'm willing to pay you for it. Perhaps you could make it similar to how I showed how I was trying to mod it. I'm not asking for anything that's extemly detailed or anything. Something like the steps 1 through 6 thing I did would do. Maybe we could work something out. I'd like to point out that you have been helpful

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I know you said you don't have time to make a guide for something like this, but if you could find the time, I'm willing to pay you for it. Perhaps you could make it similar to how I showed how I was trying to mod it. I'm not asking for anything that's extemly detailed or anything. Something like the steps 1 through 6 thing I did would do. Maybe we could work something out. I'd like to point out that you have been helpful
Thank you, but sorry I really don't have time since I'm mostly working to save up xD

what I'm saying is basically what you're supposed to do since it seems like you're following the steps, the issue is that you're likely using a G1m that's already been modified and thats not going to work. If you want to use the nude body assets and port them in the game, you'll have to import the the nude body and it's meshes and then you'll have to go behind that and import the official DOA6 body meshes from that fresh G1m, you'll have to do that by deleting the G1m that was modified or ported to's file folder and G1m and then exporting the doa6 game's G1m so you can export what you need to export to the right locations.

It's like when I did a mod in Kasumi's swimwear slot, I imported the nude body and the boobs and UV mapped them and adjusted them for the mod but then after that I deleted those G1ms in the G1mtool thing section and then brought in the standard doa6 G1m and export so I could just port them to the right place. Where the body VB is is where you export the body to and where the boob parts are and the cloth that covers them is where you'll export your mod parts to and then you just hide whatever won't be seen or used with the g1m hide tool

IAmJason

Thank you, but sorry I really don't have time since I'm mostly working to save up xD

what I'm saying is basically what you're supposed to do since it seems like you're following the steps, the issue is that you're likely using a G1m that's already been modified and thats not going to work. If you want to use the nude body assets and port them in the game, you'll have to import the the nude body and it's meshes and then you'll have to go behind that and import the official DOA6 body meshes from that fresh G1m, you'll have to do that by deleting the G1m that was modified or ported to's file folder and G1m and then exporting the doa6 game's G1m so you can export what you need to export to the right locations.

It's like when I did a mod in Kasumi's swimwear slot, I imported the nude body and the boobs and UV mapped them and adjusted them for the mod but then after that I deleted those G1ms in the G1mtool thing section and then brought in the standard doa6 G1m and export so I could just port them to the right place. Where the body VB is is where you export the body to and where the boob parts are and the cloth that covers them is where you'll export your mod parts to and then you just hide whatever won't be seen or used with the g1m hide tool
I'm not using a g1m that's been modified. I got it directly from the game with the rdbtool. Am I not supposed to do any thing to it all? If so, then that sucks because I was deleting some of the vertices from the dress. It looks weird to have a piece of clothing with perfectly smooth edges instead of edges that look torn. So I decided to just remove it entirely. I'm just very confused by what you're telling me what to do which is why I asked if you could make a guide. But since, you can't because of time constraints, then I understand. Thanks for trying to help anyway

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I'm not using a g1m that's been modified. I got it directly from the game with the rdbtool. Am I not supposed to do any thing to it all? If so, then that sucks because I was deleting some of the vertices from the dress. It looks weird to have a piece of clothing with perfectly smooth edges instead of edges that look torn. So I decided to just remove it entirely. I'm just very confused by what you're telling me what to do which is why I asked if you could make a guide. But since, you can't because of time constraints, then I understand. Thanks for trying to help anyway
If you got it from the game you'll just have to import the boob parts from the nude mod so you should be OK but it may be something else being done on your end although I think the modder Sega may have already did a topless Ayane for that dress if that's what you're trying to do. For that he hid the clothed boob meshes and just ported the full boobs to where the standard game ones would be iirc

IAmJason

If you got it from the game you'll just have to import the boob parts from the nude mod so you should be OK but it may be something else being done on your end although I think the modder Sega may have already did a topless Ayane for that dress if that's what you're trying to do. For that he hid the clothed boob meshes and just ported the full boobs to where the standard game ones would be iirc
I have managed to hide the clothing of the original g1m and in game, it's missing the actual boobs. I tried added the nude boobs to the g1m and when I tried to import it with the g1m tool, I noticed that it didn't include the vb numbers that I had them named as in the imported list. I guess I have to add just the nude boobs from the nude g1m and uv map them?

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I have managed to hide the clothing of the original g1m and in game, it's missing the actual boobs. I tried added the nude boobs to the g1m and when I tried to import it with the g1m tool, I noticed that it didn't include the vb numbers that I had them named as in the imported list. I guess I have to add just the nude boobs from the nude g1m and uv map them?
Yeah, you have to UV map them and then port them to the VB that the game's standard boob mesh is. You'll have to note the VB tho so you don't port it where it doesn't belong. You'll also need to add the soft body plug in nodes so It'll move in game

IAmJason

Yeah, you have to UV map them and then port them to the VB that the game's standard boob mesh is. You'll have to note the VB tho so you don't port it where it doesn't belong. You'll also need to add the soft body plug in nodes so It'll move in game
How do I UV map them together?

IAmJason

Oh no they have to be separate, the soft body nodes are just needed to ensure there will be movement in game :-D
Okay. When they're mapped, they'll look something like this: UV Map? Every part seems to be uv mapped already then, if that's how it's supposed to look when mapped. So if I uv map the nude boobs, the vbs for them will appear when I import them? Also what are soft nodes and how do I add them?

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD