Hayabusa ninjutsu: Untechables!

Kakita

Hello everyone, I decided to make a thread in regards to Hayabusa's untechable game. Hopefully we can all work together to discover untechables for our favorite super ninja. I also hope our discussions will serve as a frame work for other character's.

What's the big deal about these untechables you might ask?

The recent changes in the 1.03 patch altered the way certain vertical attacks interract with the ground and affect the ground game. For Hayabusa, the final kick in his PP4PK and the final punch of his 6KP strings are such moves.

What is an untechable?

For those who don't know, untechables are juggles that end with a ground hit that forces the opponent to techroll. Similiarly to pseudo force techs, these moves give advantage as the opponent tech rolls which allows the attacker to maintain pressure and remain on the offensive.

So why isn't it just called a pseudo forcetech?

The term "pseudo force tech" actually came from untechables. They are false untechables.The main difference is that untechables cannot be teched period. If the juggle while respecting certain conditions, the opponent is forced to tech by the final hit of the juggle. A pseudo Force Tech however lets the opponent decide to either tech or not. If the opponent techs then slight advantage is given to the attacker as the opponent is still getting up (teching). If the opponent does not tech, then the final hit of the juggle will hit the target and force them up just like an untechable would, in which case massive advantage is given to the attacker.

What are these conditions you speak of?

Well there are... many, just like for pseudo force techs. How much the stun threshold is pushed before launching, the type of launcher used, the untechable string itself, the weight class of the opponent and naturally, the surface the opponent will tech roll on (it must be PERFECTLY flat). Any miscalculation in this equation will result in three possible scenarios:

1. The opponent falls to the ground way before the untechable move or string connects, which results in not only loss of damage but possibly disavantage for you the attacker.

2. The opponent falls to the ground slitghly before the untechable move or string *completely* connects. This isn't too bad since the untechable actually becomes an pseudo force tech. The attacker will still have advantage over his teching opponent, just not as much as if the true untechable connected.

3. The move or string connects completely *before* the opponent was about to hit the ground. This results in a regular juggle, meaning your string completely hit the opponent while he was in the air. Now you lost your momentum and have to deal with your opponents get up kicks.
One might think that this is somewhat complicated, but let me assure you, with a little muscle memory (know yourself), observation (know your surroundings) and character knowledge (know how fat your opponent is), untechables are quite doable.

Sounds fancy but why should I do these again?

Simple, frame advantage! Just like pseudo force techs, untehcables give you advantage. But only untechables can give you INSANE amounts of advantage. On average, pseudo Force Techs give +4/+5 frame advantage. Currently, hayabusa's untechable gives him +20/+25. That's more than a lot of his GB and frame traps... combined! Not only that, but unlike pseudo Force Techs, you don't have to react to whether your opponent will or not tech, since he will have no choice but to tech! Pseudos were always harder to use because knowing how to follow up after them depended largely on the amount of advantage they gave you. If you opponent techs the pseudo you would do a somewhat fast move and throw as a follow up. If they didn't tech and are force by the pseudo, then you had to use a slower move or throw. Untechables aren't unpredictable like this, you don't need to make quick, last second decisions baser on your opponent's reaction, the result is always the same: major advantage. That being said, what you do with this advantage is up to you and depends on the nature of your character. If you have guard breaks, use them; good pokes, use them; good sit down stuns, use them; good but slow throws or OHs, use them. There are many possibilities but the point is your attacking and your opponent can't otherwise you'll beat him out because of your advantage. A rule of thumb is to mix in together a goor mid attack and an OH or throw. These allow you to cover every possible action your opponent might perform to the defend against you ongoing pressure. And who know, you might be able to go from one techable to the next.

So, let's work together to shape the future of Hayabusa Ninjutsu, prepare!!!!

EDIT:
Here are Hayabusa's midweight untechables using PP4PK as the juggle ender. I also included what I found thus far for Helena/Genfu who seem to be heavier than your average mid weight, but lighter than Heavy weights. I also added the little I uncovered so far for Lightweights and Heavies.

Mid weights:

CH, 4K, K, PP4PK
CH, 6K, 4K, K, PP4PK
CH, 3P, 4K, K, PP4PK

CH, 3P, 6K or vice versa, 8K, 8P, PP4PK.

CH, 3P, 6K or vice versa, P+K4, K, 8P, PP4PK.

CH, 3PP, 8K, 8P, PP4PK.

CB with P+K4, K, 8P, PP4PK.

CH, 3P or 6K, 214P, dash in P+K4 (CB), K, 8P, PP4PK.

CH, 6K, P+K4, K, 8P, PP4PK.
CH, 66P, P+K4, 8P, PP4PK.

CH, 3P or 6K, 4F+K, P+K4 (CB), K, 8P, PP4PK.

Izuna, 66K, K, 8P, PP4PK (failure in timing turns this juggle into a pseudo).

Genfu/Helena:

CB with P+K4, K, 8P, PP4PK.

Izuna, 66K, K, 8P, PP4PK (strict timing, failure turns this combo into a pseudo).

Heavy:

CB, 4K, K, PP4PK.
Lightweights:

Izuna, 236P, 66K, K, PP4PK (Pseudo).

General observation:

Obviously, PP4PK is an awesome Untechable for mid weights. But it is limited against Helena and Genfu that are heavier. Still, all other mid weight charcters are succeptible to the PP4PK untechable. It can only connect properly from three of Hayabusa's launchers.

4K: after a CH, you can launch immediately into K, PP4PK. You can also add one stun (3P, 6K) for the same result. Adding more than one stun however results in to high of a launch for it to work.
8K: This one comes into play where 4K fails. If you added too many stun, then launching with this kick and doing 8P, PP4PK will net you the tech.

Ongyoin K: Hayabusa will use this one after connecting with P+K4. provided you had a CH and one stun extender prior to connecting with P+K4, ongyoin K will launch just high enough to follow up with 8P, PP4PK for the tech. Furthermore, whenever you get a critical burst with P+K4, using the same juggle will net your the same effect even against Genfu and Helena. That being said, anytime you use P+K4 outside of CB be sure to mixup the Kick launcher from the stance with Shoho Izuna and his Ongyoin throw. Whenever PP4PK connects as an untechable, you will have +20 frame advantage, which is quite alot!

Follow ups after the untechable should be 214P, WS T (while standing throw, his handstance OH) or Izuna Otoshi which leads to his Izuna Untechable.

As a final observtation with this untechable, it is easy to use/time. It also can be substituted with his air grab if you ever decide to go for the wall damage, throw them off a cliff, just do the better damage because the untechable would be impossible (uneven floor). Remember that with untechables, you will be sacrificing a bit of damage in order to get a force tech. In most cases however, you won't loose more than 20 damage and the possibility to do more damage with the frame advantage far outshines the loss in juggle damage.

The next move I'll be looking at will be 6KP. I'm wondering if it would be possible to either get an untechable with this or if not at least a pseudo. If anyone finds anything, I encourage you all to post it here. There are so many possibilities, but given time and effort, I'm positive the results will be promising.

EDIT: I have discovered that most untechables ending with PP4PK will not work on Genfu or Helena.

Only the CB setup works:

ex: CH, 4F+K, 3P, P+K4 (CB), K, 8P, PP4PK.

However, 6KP works very well on Genfu and Helena. See the next post for details.

Kakita

NEW UNTECHABLES FOUND!

**6KP**

Mid weights, including Helena and Genfu:

CH, 3P or 6K, 214P, 33P4, K, 8P, 6KP = +25f!

214P (NH, CH or HCH), 33P4, P, F cancel, 6KP = +25f!

CH, 4F+K, 3P or 6K, 4K, K, 8P, 6KP = +25f!

CH, 4F+K, 3P or 6K, P+K4, K, 8P, PP4PK = +20f!

CH, 3P or 6K, 6P, 8K, 8P, PP4PK = +20f!

66K (NH, CH, HCH), P, 4K, K, PP4PK = +20f!

66K (NH, CH, HCH), P, P, 66 (turn towards opponent), 4K, K, 8P, 6KP = +25f!
Naturally, if you ever want to deal more damage with these juggles rather than go for the untechable, you can use his air grab.

Options after 6KP untechable are: 214P, dash in WS OH (requires timing), 66K.

More insane stuff, I'm starting to think he's better than what he was in DOA4, seriously!

Still nothing on lightweights and heavies, but I haven't fooled around with 6KP on other weight classes yet (crosses fingers).

Kakita

Just as clarification, here are the weight categories for properly testing untechables.
There really are three weight classes as everyone probably knows, but some characters are in between classes, and this has an effect on Hayabusa's untechables.
Lightweights:
Kasumi, Eliot, Mila, Kokoro, Alpha (not sure), Pai, Sarah, Leifang, Hitomi, Ayane.
Midweights:
Hayabusa, Brad Wong, Tina, Akira, Zack, Hayate, Jan Lee, Christie.
Heavy Midweight:
Helena.
Light Heavyweight:
Genfu.
Heavyweights:
Bayman, Bass.

Character names in bold are the ones I have untechables for. The rest have too few discovered so far.

cip

Really nice write-up!

In 214P, 33P4, P, 6KP, you can actually swap the 214P with either 6K or 4H+K. This is really nice, because the 33P4 launches instantly and all those don't require a CH. (Tested vs Hayabusa, so midweights)

So those three and 66K, P, 4K, K, PP4PK are more than enough for me to try and consistently work into my game. The combos are still foreign to me, but they really keep the pressure up.

Kakita

Really nice write-up!

In 214P, 33P4, P, 6KP, you can actually swap the 214P with either 6K or 4H+K. This is really nice, because the 33P4 launches instantly and all those don't require a CH. (Tested vs Hayabusa, so midweights)

So those three and 66K, P, 4K, K, PP4PK are more than enough for me to try and consistently work into my game. The combos are still foreign to me, but they really keep the pressure up.
Glad you could implement them in your game. Of course the point isn't to use all of them. But the more there are, the more they can fit into differerent play styles.
The fact that Busa can do this of a CH, one stun extender, two stun extenders, after sit down stuns, CB, his Izuna is quite powerful. Not to mention that he has guaranteed setups that lead to untechables like 33P you mentioned.
Keep it up, we're just getting started with this patch.

Brute

Standard Donor
Nice job guys!
I kinda suck with creating advanced strings, but here are some of the fun things I've noticed
66K, 6KP works on both light and midweights

As far as heavyweights go, I noticed that cip's combo works on them as well (234P, 8P, PP4PK) as does 8K, 6KP

Also for lightweights 8K, 8P, 6KP works. Nothing fancy =P

Kakita

Very good stuff! I'll post my findings once I have a chance in a video, I'll give the new video interface a go when I have time.

I thought that 6KK, 6KP was a pseudo

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Kakita, bro, we go way back, but I had to edit your main post to make it easier to read lol. More line breaks, please thanks.

In any case, EXCELLENT thread. Busa seriously depressed me in his pre 1.03 state to the point where I started playing other characters to try and find a main. Failing that, I actually just stopped playing. Seeing a lot of his incredible-on-paper play post-patch, I'm genuinely excited again. I am somewhat disappointed that nobody is working CB setups in with 4H+K. I experimented with it before all of this and it's an excellent move and should be used more. His SS K, which is the same kick, still gets me free air grabs on people; especially Mila players who don't 1P out of tackle break. I know Kakita had one or two, but in my opinion, especially with the current glitch, 4H+K should be the final hit before CB to guarantee it.

Brute

Standard Donor
Kakita, bro, we go way back, but I had to edit your main post to make it easier to read lol. More line breaks, please thanks.

In any case, EXCELLENT thread. Busa seriously depressed me in his pre 1.03 state to the point where I started playing other characters to try and find a main. Failing that, I actually just stopped playing. Seeing a lot of his incredible-on-paper play post-patch, I'm genuinely excited again. I am somewhat disappointed that nobody is working CB setups in with 4H+K. I experimented with it before all of this and it's an excellent move and should be used more. His SS K, which is the same kick, still gets me free air grabs on people; especially Mila players who don't 1P out of tackle break. I know Kakita had one or two, but in my opinion, especially with the current glitch, 4H+K should be the final hit before CB to guarantee it.
Pre-patch I'll admit I rarely used sidesteps and opted for counters instead. Now with the faster sidestep and realigned SS, K for Ryu, I've started using them a lot and to great effect. Excellent against speedsters who try and beat you out by their sheer speed alone.

cip

This is either an untechable or force tech, I am not sure:

6PK4, PP, 8K, 1PK.

Also, 6KP can work as an untechable after all launchers that don't end in Ninpo, if timed correctly.
You can do 236P, wait a second and then do the 6KP so that you hit the opponent on his way down. Same goes for 8K, or when launching with 8K, 8k or 6K, 6K. All this confirmed for heavyweights.

Kakita

Hey Cyber! Yeah sorry about my post, I couldn't really work on the formating from work, this computer is crap, somewhat limited.
I'm hoping you'll reconcider Hayabusa. Right now he's shaping up to be much better than he was. His strenghts in this game are his stuns. Most of his good stuns like 6P, 6K, 3P all give +30 or more on CH, so he has no problem extending threshold. And with an improved 6K, he is less predictable. He also has one very good sit down stun and an OK one. Add all this to his very good throw game and somewhat improved speed and he's actually playable.
About 4F+K. I agree it's good and you're right that my setups aren't actually good, I've reworked them and I'll edit my initial post eventually. The problem with 4F+K is that it only guarantees 3P or 6K which is why I initially thought of using it as a 2nd stun after a CH. Problem with that is it's too slow and you can slow escape and block it, at least it's very safe now. Right now I'm working on 6K launch guaranteed but there's no valid untechable on mid weights or lightweights after 6K launch. Maybe heavyweights will be more promising. Right now I prefer to use 214P. Now here's a sitdown stun that guarantees some very good untechables on mid weights. It doesn't offer much on lightweights however unless you hit with it on NH or CH ( no prior stuns). This is the reason why I'm still looking into possibilities with 4F+K.
I'll release a video soon with all my midweight untechables and after that all my lightweight and heavyweight untechables and also update the initial post with findings from Brute and Cip (thanks again for contributing, awesome guys). But thus far, my general observation is that for midweights, Hayabusa should either launch after the first stun or push for a sitdown stun after his first stun extender (CH, stun, sitdown stun). This is what offers the best untechables for midweights. For lightweights however, you're better off not using sitdown stuns. Rather, push for 2 stuns after CH and then launch. Being lighter, you don't need more to get the better untechables. Another observation, untechables from Izuna Otoshi are very timing specific. Even if you hit the target in the air after the first part of the throw, if you don't hit them precisely at the right height, the juggle will become a pseudo force tech rather than a untechable (although, that's not too bad).
I'll post my videos soon, I can't seem to be able to post them on youtube. Everytime I try to upload them to Youtube I get a Connecteion error message. I'm guessing my internet connection isn't strong enough. Seeing as I play in the basement and my wireless router is on the second floor of my house in my office... I'll get a signal amplifier I'm hoping that will do the job.

Brute

Standard Donor
I'll post my videos soon, I can't seem to be able to post them on youtube. Everytime I try to upload them to Youtube I get a Connecteion error message. I'm guessing my internet connection isn't strong enough. Seeing as I play in the basement and my wireless router is on the second floor of my house in my office... I'll get a signal amplifier I'm hoping that will do the job.
I got that at first, too. Note that to upload to Youtube they ask for your "username," but what they actually require in that field is the e-mail connected to the Youtube account you're uploading with (not the "screenname/user name"). If you haven't tried it with your e-mail, that might be the issue.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD