Hayabusa: Tools of a Super Ninja

cip

You mentioned preferring the PS3 D-pad. Do you seriously use the directional buttons for input rolls?
Yep. It works pretty well with the PS3. The buttons seem to be on a common ground inside the controller (don't know how to word it) so it actually kinda feels like rotating the analog stick. The trick is not to run around the outskirts of the D-pad with the tip your thumb when doing a circle, but to put your whole thumb on the D-Pad and moving the whole thing.

Dunno if you get what I mean. If not, it's actually not that important ;)

Brute

Standard Donor
Yep. It works pretty well with the PS3. The buttons seem to be on a common ground inside the controller (don't know how to word it) so it actually kinda feels like rotating the analog stick. The trick is not to run around the outskirts of the D-pad with the tip your thumb when doing a circle, but to put your whole thumb on the D-Pad and moving the whole thing.

Dunno if you get what I mean. If not, it's actually not that important ;)
God, I'm jealous of your skill. I could never do that with the PS buttons.

cip

I'm not that good, I'm sure your better than me :) It's just me being used to the PS2 and 3, I guess. And I still can't get the Shoho consistently, maybe it's because of the D-Pad, I don't know.

Brute

Standard Donor
I'm not that good, I'm sure your better than me :)
Neither am I. xD
I'd love to play with you sometime to see how you use Ryu, but I'm not sure a connection from here to Germany would be all that great. Would probably play with 3 or 4 frames per second, lol.
It's just me being used to the PS2 and 3, I guess. And I still can't get the Shoho consistently, maybe it's because of the D-Pad, I don't know.
Yeah, if I were you, I'd try the joystick for it.

MajesticBlue

Yeah, Soniti is pretty much right. The way I found things going is kind of like this. You have to play a very patient spacing game to get in. He can't really poke even when he has frame advantage. So pretty much we have to get in a guard break. Once we get the guard break (most of them are pretty crappy moves and can be jabbed out of and stuff.) if we don't make the perfect call we eat a punish throw or high counter juggle >_>. Then there is the worst thing. You go through all this spacing to set them up for a guard break and the guard break knocks them down. Now you are screwed and have to play the same game

So after all of this work to get our frame advantage we still can be high counter launched or throw punished for every smart option. The funny thing is I don't know how many people even have broke his traps down. Every move after 66k other then 6P+K loses to a low jab >_>. Once people catch on to his fake advantage he has nothing. This is at + 6 mind you. So anything that puts him into Ongyoin at 0 or whatever won't work.

You guess several times for a chance to guess for real damage. Then if you guess wrong they can almost get as much damage as you would have.

Chris Harris

Most lows are 13i-14i. If you 66k you are +6 so if you press K you have a 13i mid. Because the damage is higher it should win out (will test later). Not to mention they have to press it at the perfect time.

Also outside the VF characters 2p doesn't give much to the DoA characters (and barely the VF characters).

After 3f+k the only viable option to beat mids is P but that's it from that.However you can be risky or just back dash.

4pk leaves you with whatever option you choose because the advantage is too great.

Please stop believing that people will free step or counter it on reaction. Yea they will counter it but that's because they are waiting for it. While it is totally possible to do it on reaction the game in general moves to fast and the ability to stagger combos as well as other strings from that exact option will make it easier.

4p2p is a safe option that can catch people trying to jab you out of it or trying to sidestep something.

cip

Does any one else have trouble connecting with the 66K? It seems that lots of moves make the 66K not connect, although Hayabusas knee is practically in the opponents face.
Also, if I do land it, I can't seem to follow up with something of value. I found 2K works sometimes, but other than that, everything else is easily defended.

Chris Harris

Does any one else have trouble connecting with the 66K? It seems that lots of moves make the 66K not connect, although Hayabusas knee is practically in the opponents face.
Also, if I do land it, I can't seem to follow up with something of value. I found 2K works sometimes, but other than that, everything else is easily defended.

It's just a guessing situation.

You think they will respond with a low poke? Headbutt
You think they will press a standing poke? PP or 6p4 or F
You think they will sidestep, block, or counter? Throw
High poke? 2p+k

Katzuka

Because I'm at work and posting from my tablet, so posting the hit levels of moves that I'm assuming people will test out in training in about two days (for some) seemed like too much effort, basically. It was an oversight on my part but I'm hardly done with my initial post at this point. Just whetting peoples' appetite.

EDIT: Updated with a bunch of information on 66K, which is likely one of his best new moves and probably the most important move in his arsenal now.
its kind of interesting because most of the people I play with online they don't use this move even though it leaves you at a slight frame advantage and you have the guessing game of the onygon which seems to frustrate a lot of people.

Brute

Standard Donor
its kind of interesting because most of the people I play with online they don't use this move even though it leaves you at a slight frame advantage and you have the guessing game of the onygon which seems to frustrate a lot of people.
Ongyoin up close (on block) is not necessarily a situation you want to be in.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
May have potentially found something while fighting with Allan tonight. Have to do some more testing and I'm a bit fried but if it works it might make some of the juggles where you just need a few more frames viable. I'm only being cryptic because I'm not sure if it's A) new and B) just something my brain thinks works because it's three in the morning. I'll post here when I'm sure. Might have Majestic join me in testing later today if I get on.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
After spending a large amount of time playing the last couple of days, I've come to the conclusion that Hayabusa absolutely needs to incorporate CB into his game every round. He can get it in two wrong guesses with a sit-down stun to guarantee the CB and then a Shoho finishes it off. The sheer fear of this happening opens up the opponent to hold-spamming and free high counter Izunas for days. He still has troubles up close at neutral but it can be overcome simply by making your opponent fear Hayabusa's advanced mid kick hold and Izuna holds.

We need to make Hayabusa feared again.

Juan The Man

If it connects Pp will combo if u guard break get out of there with his parry (beats all highs and mids) if they do a low your kick will beat majority of those out have fun and choose wisely...ps after a while they will jus give up n you grab does great damage

Katzuka

After spending a large amount of time playing the last couple of days, I've come to the conclusion that Hayabusa absolutely needs to incorporate CB into his game every round. He can get it in two wrong guesses with a sit-down stun to guarantee the CB and then a Shoho finishes it off. The sheer fear of this happening opens up the opponent to hold-spamming and free high counter Izunas for days. He still has troubles up close at neutral but it can be overcome simply by making your opponent fear Hayabusa's advanced mid kick hold and Izuna holds.

We need to make Hayabusa feared again.
Thank you! someone finally hit hayabusa's main Strategy, the problem with that is, after a while I became a lonely ninja.Because nobody wanted to play with me so I picked FSD hobby T-T and putting videos. I literary would get kicked out of lobbies because they say I cheat with hayabusa or I would go on rank and wait for hours until someone didn't cancel. I think they will fear the player more than the character itself.

MASTER

Standard Donor
:214::P:,:3::3::P::4:,:K:,:8::P:,:3::3:,(WR):4::K:,:K:(or:P:) (For Lite and Mid weight class) *Just frame combo for mid weights*
:426::H+P:,:236::P:,:4::K:,:K:,:3::3:,(WR):4::K:,:K:(or:P:) (For lite and mid weight class)
:426::H+P:, tiny dash,:4::K:,:K:,:3::3:,(WR):4::K:,(WR):4::K:,:K: (or :P: ) (For lite and mids)
:426::H+P:, tiny dash,:6::6::K:,:K:,:8::P:,:3::3:,(WR):4::K:,:K:(For heavy Weight) *only use when nearing a wall or use :P: at the end for positioning purposes, other wise finish the Izuna*

Dangerzone explosions:
:3::3:,(WR):4::K:,:426::H+P: (100% guaranteed on all explosions, except from the wall blowback from the tank level with the 'X' on it. :3::P::P::P: is guaranteed there.) *For mid and lite weights*
:236: :P:,:3::3:,(WR):4::K:,:K:(or:P:) (The throw option is stronger, use this for position purposes) *NOT Guaranteed on all explosions and only for mid and lite weights.*

If you can perform these combos consistently then you will find even more combos and your Hayabusa will become stronger. Hayabusa requires strong execution when compared to other characters. Get your execution down and your matches will become easier.

MASTER
:hayabusa:

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD