Hayate - 1.03A/1.04 "The Damage"

TakedaZX

It's also sad. I found that 3P does not stun on a crouching opponent, period. Not in CH or HCH. Just wow.

TakedaZX

Not necessarily great gameplay (I have to fight differently against Brad), but this one shows one of his better guaranteed setups.

The post CB combo I used was the largest damage possible for a wall friendly combo. It's only 5 points less damage than the highest damage combo he has.

This video shows his wind dash transition. His wind dash is really garbage in this game. It'd be nice if they reverted back to the DOA4 one.

This also shows another setup into the guaranteed 3k critical burst. It's done by tripping the opponent with 1p and while they're confused, you hit them with the 3k. This was a deadly setup considering how weak Hayate is on strings and mixups. Getting that stun is work.

Nate

I picked a random one of mine. I only uploaded these for a friend to see. @0:13 shows a use of the beloved 3K.

Murakame

I'd much rather lose P+K than 3K...

If the loss of P+K sitdown meant the loss of SSP then hell no. SSP is a valuable tool. Anybody who says otherwise is a fool. SSP 8K 4P 6P+K K 7K is 104 damage on counter hit. Non counter hit combos come to around 92 damage, all guaranteed. It may not have the damage potential of the one guess situation but 104 damage is almost 40 percent health and all you need to do is a well timed sidestep which honestly isn't hard. The 3K loss is big yes but come on. Give Hayate some credit. He's not ass without it. SSP still guarantees 3P as well. So if they do not hold the following P to 3P they take 33K. If you anticipate the hold Rajin that shit or Nakiryu. or Simply mid kick launch after 3P. In all honesty the loss of 3K did these things: 1. Make his damage less free. 2. Weaken the damage of his SSP one guess situation. (because if you do what I described you have the one guess situation only with less damage and no CB opportunity. 3. remove a good way to punish whiffed low holds.
4. Reduce his ability to capitalize of trip stuns. Where both 3K and/or the trip stun could have been held anyway.

Nate

I don't have as much luck with SSP against a well educated opponent. And given it's unsafe, when it's baited it sucked.

With all his unsafe moves to boot, Hayate's challenge is getting the stun most times. I will miss the pressure of 3K, and the cool guaranteed CB situation. I'm sure some characters still have that excellent option.

If 3K had to be altered, I wish at least another small buff was given. Maybe in the safeness area. Maybe with 3PP.

TakedaZX

I mean I'd love to have them both overall, even if that meant weakening the advantage to only guaranteeing 33k and 8p off of it again, but the thing is the pressure from that SD stun on crouching opponents was the real greatness of it. Give me a guaranteed launch off of it and I'll take it but with the weak stun that it gives make doesn't really help much.

Hell I'd even take a deeper stun...

Also I'd like to correct myself on the 3p deal. 3P doesn't stun on a crouching guarding opponent on NH, which carries over to CH and HCH since it's impossible to guard and grab/attack simultaneously

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Not necessarily great gameplay (I have to fight differently against Brad), but this one shows one of his better guaranteed setups.
Care to elaborate on what's guaranteed in that video? It wasn't guaranteed in 1.03 and it's definitely not in 1.03a.

TakedaZX

Care to elaborate on what's guaranteed in that video? It wasn't guaranteed in 1.03 and it's definitely not in 1.03a.
1:11 - Nanhou loves to 1p out of stun because he knows I like to throw whiffed holds a lot. That being said I waited and let the stun threshold reset and went for a 4p, BT 4k, 3K, 7P (CB). This setup was only guaranteed in 1.03 because you couldn't SE the BT 4K though the computer could, rendering the 3K useless.

In truth I could care less about this setup. I really only liked 3K for the ability to punish people for low holding out of stun a lot. I enjoy the pressure that allows him to put on in stun. Regardless, I'd take a weaker stun that only allows for a 8p or 33k as a launcher instead of a cb. I think that's fair.

TakedaZX

Again, not guaranteed, not even in 1.03.
After the BT 4K it was. Smh how are you going to tell me when I tested this myself with the computer the recorded setup, and how are you going to tell me when I pulled this setup off MULTIPLE times.

There's secondary ways to setup for the 3K as well but this setup in particular was the most common.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
7P on a sit-down stun isn't guaranteed. Tested it offline with a human second player and got held out of it multiple times online as well. That's how.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
After the BT 4K it was. Smh how are you going to tell me when I tested this myself with the computer the recorded setup, and how are you going to tell me when I pulled this setup off MULTIPLE times.

There's secondary ways to setup for the 3K as well but this setup in particular was the most common.

anyone tips on how to do the H3k in that combo in the video

Managed to do it only twice :p

I remember you telling me something about quick dash but i forget the input

TakedaZX

7P on a sit-down stun isn't guaranteed. Tested it offline with a human second player and got held out of it multiple times online as well. That's how.
Smh. I recorded the setup and did tried to hold and slow escape this setup myself. Perhaps you were playing on a laggy monitor or your friend wasn't holding it correctly. After the BT 4K, you couldn't hold or SE to save yourself from the 3K since it's only 14 frames, but he computer could. Because of the slow escape glitch the 3K was guaranteed.

On a crouching opponent after the 3K, the critical burst was guaranteed. This is why another setup (P+K, 3K, 7P) sprung up. Basically that situation was guaranteed after the P+K. The significance of this string of stuns was once you got to the 7P, the opponent was put in a must hold situation and you had the freedom to use any launcher you'd like but usually it came down to 8K, 6K, or 7P, since those were your most damaging launchers for each height.

I don't know what you were doing that it failed for you but it definitely didn't fail for me or Silent Legend and trust me I would know because I attempted holds at each different stun in hopes that he'd mess up and not buffer it correctly so that I could hold it and I'm sure he did the same, as did my friend Nanhou.

if you're saying the whole setup is not guaranteed well then here you go:

Green = Not guaranteed, Blue = Death Trap, Red = Guaranteed

Death trap is the moves that completely put the opponent in your hands. 1P is a special case because it sets up for 3K if they don't hold it, but with that being the risk, it will basically make mid punches and grabs a solid mixup.

4P, BT 4K, 3K, 7P (CB)
or
4P, BT P or 2P, 1P, 3K, 7P (CB)

66P, 1P, 3K, 7P (CB)

CH 3PP, 3K, 7P (CB)

3H+K (opponent low holds on reaction to getting hit), 3K, 7P CB
Only reason the 3K isn't guaranteed here is because if the opponent low holds fast enough, you'll only get +11, which will guarantee you a jab if they go for a mid or high hold... but since they're crouching, you get nothing but a free 2T/1T which in the end is still a NH damage Raijin/236T 7K in the end so it's not all bad (+wall splats).

anyone tips on how to do the H3k in that combo in the video

Managed to do it only twice :p

I remember you telling me something about quick dash but i forget the input

Ah yea, after a full threshold launch instant hold 3pp is what you're looking for at the wall. Basically it works like:
:6::2::3::P::P: or :6::~::2::3::P::P:

Basically if you can do :6::2::3::P::P:, :6::2::3::P::P:, :7::K: on NH by itself, you've got it down. Only thing to work on after that is buffering it well after a launch. It becomes very intricate after the 6P+K P+K launcher but I don't have many problems with it after 6K, 33K, or 8K.

Murakame

Ah yea, after a full threshold launch instant hold 3pp is what you're looking for at the wall. Basically it works like:
:6::2::3::P::P: or :6::~::2::3::P::P:

Basically if you can do :6::2::3::P::P:, :6::2::3::P::P:, :7::K: on NH by itself, you've got it down. Only thing to work on after that is buffering it well after a launch. It becomes very intricate after the 6P+K P+K launcher but I don't have many problems with it after 6K, 33K, or 8K.

Would the ender still be PP6PK / PP2KK?

EDIT: Nvm I just saw the 7K.

TakedaZX

Lol just going to reiterate what I said to clarify:

The best damage is :6::2::3::P::P:, :3::3::K::K: after a launch if you don't want to risk a wall splat.

:6::2::3::P::P:, :6::2::3::P::P:, :7::K: is an exercise to get used to buffering it correctly.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Hey takedaZK im almost done uploading the 30 minutes fight we had with hayate :p

Got my ass beat in every match to say the least lol XD

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Me vs TakedaZX (I had wrong audio setting so no audio was recorded, replaced it with music tracks)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD