Helena 1.03 Changes

Omegan Eckhart

What's PFT? (please don't get mad at me for being a terminology noob!)
I do sometimes hit opponents with 66+K, at least light and midweight characters. Most of the time I'd say.
But some other times it leaves you open, it's a matter of like a couple of nanoseconds, and online it's not always easy when you don't have perfect latency environments.

Btw, anybody has DETAILED Helena frame data? There are some moves which you can't really measure with the in-game advanced info.
For instance the 2 different ways to enter Bokuho, 1+P+K and 2+P+K (or 3, it's the same).
In past DOA games the 1 version was a few frames faster, but left Helena a bit more backwards. Which are the exact Bokuho frames in DoA5?

Same question for Teishitsu, how many frames does it take to activate, how many frames does it last? It's much faster than DoA4's, reminds me of DoA2's, but sadly doesn't evade all mids anymore.

And also for Standing P+K. In DoA4 it evaded highs, and it does so here as well. How many frames 'til helena is considered "crouching highs" and how many frames it stays so? Also in DoA4 for a couple of frames it used to evade some mids too, wonder if that happens in DoA5 as well. Honestly in DoA4 it always felt more like a bug than something intended...
PFT means pseudo force tech, a situation where if the opponent doesn't tech roll imediately Helena will force them up. Do 33P4P > 6P on an airborne opponent, that is a PFT.

In DOA4 1P+K and 2P+K executed in 17 frames whilst 3P+K was 19 frames (I think). I don't know in DOA5 but they seem to be unchanged.

Teishitsu activates at the same speed as in DOA4 but the recovery of the duck is longer making it harder to continuously duck strings. I can't offer you frame data for this, sorry.

P+K works the same as it did in DOA4 except in DOA5 it doesn't crush as soon as you hit P+K. Block Gen Fu's 3KPP and try to crush the high after blocking the mid punch, it doesn't work. It can still crush high's and mid's but it just doesn't work as fast any more.

Akumasama

In DOA4 1P+K and 2P+K executed in 17 frames whilst 3P+K was 19 frames (I think). I don't know in DOA5 but they seem to be unchanged.
I had a PDF detailed framedata for DoA4 but I cant' find it anymore.
I'm pretty sure it was 1+P+K at ~17 and the rest at 19. It was the same, sorta, in DoAU.
Actually it would be pretty "logic" for things to be like that, as the faster priority would be offset by the less favorable position, no?

P+K works the same as it did in DOA4 except in DOA5 it doesn't crush as soon as you hit P+K. Block Gen Fu's 3KPP and try to crush the high after blocking the mid punch, it doesn't work. It can still crush high's and mid's but it just doesn't work as fast any more.
Noticed... I was a bit of a P+K spammer in DoA4, but that move was so useful and efficient it was hard not to make large use of it, for me.

Thanks for all the rest! Altough I'm a bit surprised about Teishitsu, seemed much faster to me than DoA4, guess I'm just biased tho.

XV MR ARMANI

The beautiful thing I have found out about BKO 6P+K is the mixup capability.

Say I do 8P > PP2K. I'm in BKO and my opponent is at the end of their stun threshold and I can burst them with BKO 6P+K. If I see that they do a mid punch hold, I can BKO grab them and continue the pressure. Further along in the match if I do a similar combo (6P+K > 33P4P) and they do a low hold to avoid the BKO grab I can burst them with BKO 6P+K.

6P+K > 33P4P > BKO 6P+K (CB!) > BKO 6K > 4PPK > 33P4P > BKO 6P -119 Damage-
6P+K > 33P4P = 54 Damage *opponent mid punch holds* CH BKO T > 4PPK > 33P4P > BKO 6P = 84 Damage 54 + 84 = -138 Damage-

So its virtually impossible not to get hit while Helena is in BKO for critical burst combos. So keep your eyes open cause you might be missing out on some good damage! Lol

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD