Helena 1.03 Changes

Doug Nguyen

I just tested it and it works, although they can tech before BT 44K lands. It works on Light and Mid weights but not Heavy weights.
Yeah most of Helena's techs are really just Pseudo Techs. Which is ok with me, since it eliminates wake up kicks. And her BT 44K, is nice since it leaves you in BKO.

ninjaguy446

Yeah most of Helena's techs are really just Pseudo Techs. Which is ok with me, since it eliminates wake up kicks. And her BT 44K, is nice since it leaves you in BKO.
Ah, I didn't realize it left you in BKO.

If you do CB 8K 4PKP 33P4P BKO 6P then it tends to do more damage but it does not leave you in BKO.

Doug Nguyen

BT 44K? Do you mean BT 66K?
Yeah sorry i meant 66K too.

Ah, I didn't realize it left you in BKO.
If you do CB 8K 4PKP 33P4P BKO 6P then it tends to do more damage but it does not leave you in BKO.
And yeah if you hold down it will leave you in BKO. And i do CB 8K 4PKP 33P4P BKO 6P right now but, since BTPP4K, relaunches now. It might do more damage. I just need to do a lot of testing when the patch comes out for the 360. Oh yeah and i do theBT 66K, because most people will tech if they see 33P4P, so the 66k, is a nice change to confuse people.

ninjaguy446

BT 44K? Do you mean BT 66K?
Yep, that's the one, sorry.
And yeah if you hold down it will leave you in BKO. And i do CB 8K 4PKP 33P4P BKO 6P right now but, since BTPP4K, relaunches now. It might do more damage. I just need to do a lot of testing when the patch comes out for the 360. Oh yeah and i do theBT 66K, because most people will tech if they see 33P4P, so the 66k, is a nice change to confuse people.
That makes sense.

Also, does BKO P startup to 11 frames help us in any way besides being faster? Like does it connect with anything new that you could think of? They added it in kinda last minute so I was just wondering if there was a reason behind it.

Doug Nguyen

Yep, that's the one, sorry.

That makes sense.

Also, does BKO P startup to 11 frames help us in any way besides being faster? Like does it connect with anything new that you could think of? They added it in kinda last minute so I was just wondering if there was a reason behind it.
Honestly i dont really know. One frame to me isnt that big of a deal since its still slower than most people high punches. Combo wise i dont think one frame will make a difference.

ninjaguy446

Honestly i dont really know. One frame to me isnt that big of a deal since its still slower than most people high punches. Combo wise i dont think one frame will make a difference.
Hm, okay. I guess there wasn't really a point to adding that "buff". lol

Omegan Eckhart

Hm, okay. I guess there wasn't really a point to adding that "buff". lol
Her jab being 11F doesn't open up any new combo opportunities it just means she has an 11F move from BKO. It won't beat any 11F mid punches seeing as it only does I think 12 points of damage. I initially thought it might help her beat faster jabs but she stands up when she does the attack so it doesn't crush high's. Not that she really needs it seeing as she has a multitude of ways to beat high attacks.

All in all it's a fairly useless buff, not given to her for any specific purpose.

Omegan Eckhart

So with the SE glitch, can Helena chain together any sit down stuns like the other characters?
Nope.

6PP & 3PPP are in string, BT 7P is in BT obviously, 22/88P requires a side step and 214P comes out too slow.

Helena doesn't have any BS unholdable set ups, even with the SE glitch. But each stun is useful and 6PP, 3PPP and 22/88P guarantee CB.

BlackDiamond890

Nope.

6PP & 3PPP are in string, BT 7P is in BT obviously, 22/88P requires a side step and 214P comes out too slow.

Helena doesn't have any BS unholdable set ups, even with the SE glitch. But each stun is useful and 6PP, 3PPP and 22/88P guarantee CB.
This!! This is why I hate that people want to keep the BS Slow Escape glitch. So it can benefit the strongest characters which can already get so much more guaranteed damage than someone like Helena it's stupid, plus stuns that "are supposed to be invincible, so we're removing them from Helena." Did they remove any follow ups after Jann Lee's :6: :F+K:? I'm honestly curious.

And with Helena losing her force tech game, she gets nothing substantial in return! Oh, some long, almost exclusively mid strings are now semi-safe... Yay...

Omegan Eckhart

This!! This is why I hate that people want to keep the BS Slow Escape glitch. So it can benefit the strongest characters which can already get so much more guaranteed damage than someone like Helena it's stupid, plus stuns that "are supposed to be invincible, so we're removing them from Helena." Did they remove any follow ups after Jann Lee's :6: :F+K:? I'm honestly curious.

And with Helena losing her force tech game, she gets nothing substantial in return! Oh, some long, almost exclusively mid strings are now semi-safe... Yay...
Umm with the glitch she at least gets a juggle instead of nothing...
The ONLY attack Helena can guarantee from any of her sit down stuns is 3P. Even more ridiculous is that BT 7P is +13 and therefore guarantees absolutely nothing.

I am in favour of the glitch because it is the only chance Helena has to be a DOA5 character. True other characters will be somewhat absurd but it is better than the alternative. Besides characters like Jann Lee will be stupid good regardless of whether the glitch stays or not. At least this way Helena has something to fight back with.

CrimsonCJ

The ONLY attack Helena can guarantee from any of her sit down stuns is 3P. Even more ridiculous is that BT 7P is +13 and therefore guarantees absolutely nothing.

I am in favour of the glitch because it is the only chance Helena has to be a DOA5 character. True other characters will be somewhat absurd but it is better than the alternative. Besides characters like Jann Lee will be stupid good regardless of whether the glitch stays or not. At least this way Helena has something to fight back with.

In what ways does the glitch really help Helena's case, though? Other than the 3P poke before something that pretty is like a small unholdable in her stun game.

Omegan Eckhart

In what ways does the glitch really help Helena's case, though? Other than the 3P poke before something that pretty is like a small unholdable in her stun game.
Helena's Sit Down Stuns
Pre Patch:
6PP, 3PPP & SSP > +15 Only guarantee 3P.
BT 7P > +13 Guarantees nothing.
214P > +13 Only guarantees in string follow up.

Post Patch:
6PP, 3PPP & SSP > Is now +23 guaranteeing CB.
BT 7P > Is now +18(?) Guarantees a launcher.
214P > Is now +(18) Guarantees a launcher.

With the glitch in effect her sit down stuns have respectable guaranteed follow ups. She can guarantee CB now and before she couldn't even guarantee a launcher.

Read this: http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/guaranteed-set-ups.2364/

That article there explains how bad her sit down stuns are and how the removal of wall interaction weakened them further. Without the glitch that is what we are stuck with.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD