Helena in DOA5U

Omegan Eckhart

What do you guys think is going to happen to her in DOA5U? She might get re-worked seeing how much people complain about her. She isn't even top tier but the way she plays does seem to get under people's skin.

Instead of being how she is now I'd like to see her with real sit down stuns and real frame advantage. I want her to be a DOA5 character instead of a super charged DOA4 one.

What I'd like:
#1 Remove PFT.
#2 Make 3in1's 0 or -2 on block.
#3 Make 3in1's cause a sit down stun on hit guaranteeing at least 6K for a launch.
#4 Make safe moves -4 instead of being -5.
#5 Make P4P +1 on block.
#6 Make PP(K) guard crush like BT PP(K) and F+K do.
#7 Give her some new moves, the lack of new animations bothers me.

I'd normally say having safe sit down stuns is bullshit but Kasumi has em so fuck it.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
I'm not sure it's needed. Her P string doesn't work very well in DOA5 for juggling seeing as 236PKP lands more often and for more damage. It could be used for mix up purposes but PP2K wouldn't stun on NH any more.
What i liked most about inputing "2" (or "1) after PP2K was that you could pretty much do some pretty fancy stuff in the Bokuho stance, but only if you input "PP2K" at the right time. If only i had a recorder...lol

ninjaguy446

DOA5 Helena is the only one I know, so I would prefer it if her style with the PFTs stayed the same, but I'm open to any change.

TRI Mike

If she loses the forced tech, everyone else should too. You wouldn't believe the ridiculous crap some characters can get away with using it. I believe she should keep it unless she gets tons unholdables and + moves to fight like she should have since the beginning.

And I still think PP2KP needs to return.

Omegan Eckhart

If she loses the forced tech, everyone else should too. You wouldn't believe the ridiculous crap some characters can get away with using it. I believe she should keep it unless she gets tons unholdables and + moves to fight like she should have since the beginning.

And I still think PP2KP needs to return.

If she keeps PFT she will never get any real unholdables or frame advantage. They wouldn't have to remove every one of her PFT's maybe just her 3in1 variants so she would have to mix it up instead of doing the same one at the end of every combo. I'd rather she was weaker as a character whilst having real DOA5 options/set ups than being a strong character who is nothing but land stun and hope the opponent doesn't guess correctly.

I honestly forget there are any differences between DOA4 and DOA5's game system when I play Helena and that is sad.

ninjaguy446

!

At 1:57, Helena seems to have a new move. After she does BKO 6PP, she does a move that looks like the 4P from DOA4 33P4P and I think that it causes a sitdown stun into CB!

Also, Helena has shades!!!!
Helena Shades.png

Omegan Eckhart

!

At 1:57, Helena seems to have a new move. After she does BKO 6PP, she does a move that looks like the 4P from DOA4 33P4P and I think that it causes a sitdown stun into CB!

Also, Helena has shades!!!!
View attachment 1575

I can almost guarantee that one attack will be her only new move besides her power launcher. I hope this sit down stun guarantees CB, but we will see when the game is released.

I was hoping for a ponytail extension... Glad she was included in the trailer though, she tends to get left out of these things most of the time.

ninjaguy446

I was hoping for a ponytail extension... Glad she was included in the trailer though, she tends to get left out of these things most of the time.

Honestly, that is really thing I truly want most. In DOA4 and previous games, her hair reached down to below her butt, but now it only reaches about midway down her back. And the strands... It's just a huge cluster of blond! They did Kasumi, Rachel, Sarah, Kokoro, Leifang, and Hitomi's ponytails right with strands, so hopefully this means that they will fix Helena's.

Omegan Eckhart

Honestly, that is really thing I truly want most. In DOA4 and previous games, her hair reached down to below her butt, but now it only reaches about midway down her back. And the strands... It's just a huge cluster of blond! They did Kasumi, Rachel, Sarah, Kokoro, Leifang, and Hitomi's ponytails right with strands, so hopefully this means that they will fix Helena's.

Here's hoping! I can't figure out why anyone plays with her hair down, it looks even shorter and animates like shit. I'll take DOA4 ponytail over anything DOA5 has to offer.

KwonJigglypuff

Her long hair still looks horrible (going to tweet them about this)..
I also feel like TN doesn't really care about her as much as the loli and the 3 others blondes (Rachel, Tina and even Sarah).

Her new move looks stunning though. What is it exactly ? Her new BKO sitdown rockks!
And her costume looks cool, but.. why Douglas Texas Ranger ? What is the idea behind this costume ? :eek:

Omegan Eckhart

Her long hair still looks horrible (going to tweet them about this)..
I also feel like TN doesn't really care about her as much as the loli and the 3 others blondes (Rachel, Tina and even Sarah).

Her new move looks stunning though. What is it exactly ? Her new BKO sitdown rockks!
And her costume looks cool, but.. why Douglas Texas Ranger ? What is the idea behind this costume ? :eek:

It looks very Tomb Raider Legend to me.

Codemaster92163

Personally, I'd like her to be buffed in certain areas, but for her blender to be removed. I know, I know - it's a huge part of her gameplay, but when that's all I see Helena's spam day in and day out, it makes me weep for the character. She used to be so much more varied, but now it's pretty much all I see. It's annoying when I choose not to do it, then random ass people say "you're playing her wrong. Use 33P4P after every launch." It's not like she's a bad character without it. Just with it, she's annoying to watch as well as play against.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD