Help with Eliot's 46P input in command strings

Arcane

I recently tried command training for Eliot's moves and I'm really struggling to be consistent with the attack strings that end with 46P. When I do 46P by itself, I nail it pretty much 100% of the time. However, when I try doing it as part of a string, it fails more often than not. The strange part is that I'll keep repeating the inputs and it feels like it just randomly works sometimes even though I didn't change my pacing.

Is there a buffering technique that would help here or is it mostly just a matter of practicing it until I get it right? Any tips?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I recently tried command training for Eliot's moves and I'm really struggling to be consistent with the attack strings that end with 46P. When I do 46P by itself, I nail it pretty much 100% of the time. However, when I try doing it as part of a string, it fails more often than not. The strange part is that I'll keep repeating the inputs and it feels like it just randomly works sometimes even though I didn't change my pacing.

Is there a buffering technique that would help here or is it mostly just a matter of practicing it until I get it right? Any tips?
It's just about the timing, it's a bit more strict than most moves. The thing I do to get it consistently is kinda like how the game says, which is to press forward and punch at the same time, but you have to do just after you have the 2nd punch hit, which is when you should start buffering and inputing the 46 part, but don't rush it. When you input back, you should then already be pressing the punch button.

Just don't rush it, the input is similar to like say Kasumi's 66K·P and Phase's on hit teleports where you have to do it just after the initial strike hits, where if you rush it nothing will happen

Arcane

It's just about the timing, it's a bit more strict than most moves. The thing I do to get it consistently is kinda like how the game says, which is to press forward and punch at the same time, but you have to do just after you have the 2nd punch hit, which is when you should start buffering and inputing the 46 part, but don't rush it. When you input back, you should then already be pressing the punch button.

Just don't rush it, the input is similar to like say Kasumi's 66K·P and Phase's on hit teleports where you have to do it just after the initial strike hits, where if you rush it nothing will happen
I see. Thanks, I will try it that way.

Arcane

Great. That helped quite a bit. You're right, you have to delay the input until just after the hit prior to the 46P. Not getting it perfect yet but its working a lot more consistently. Now its down to practice. Thanks a lot.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Great. That helped quite a bit. You're right, you have to delay the input until just after the hit prior to the 46P. Not getting it perfect yet but its working a lot more consistently. Now its down to practice. Thanks a lot.
No problem, I'm glad it's helped^.^ and yeah just practice it and it'll become second nature to you, and even if you don't get it certain times you'll still be able to hit the opponent so you won't have to worry too much if you fail in a particular instance since the only drawback is less damage

KING JAIMY

Try practicing 2P+K.46P first. It's the shortest string with that kind of punch and it's pretty easy to master. It's mostly a muscle memory thing. It's hard to explain but I think I go in the order of:

2P+K ---------> 4 ----------> 6P

If you pause a tiny bit in between the 4 and the 6P you should get it.

Arcane

Try practicing 2P+K.46P first. It's the shortest string with that kind of punch and it's pretty easy to master. It's mostly a muscle memory thing. It's hard to explain but I think I go in the order of:

2P+K ---------> 4 ----------> 6P

If you pause a tiny bit in between the 4 and the 6P you should get it.
Thanks. I'll try that out.

XxNoriakixX

Once you feel comfortable you can even dial in the combo in one go and still get the just frame punch, if you decide to use every move of that given string, so you won't have to wait for one punch to come out before inputting the next one

Arcane

Once you feel comfortable you can even dial in the combo in one go and still get the just frame punch, if you decide to use every move of that given string, so you won't have to wait for one punch to come out before inputting the next one
Thanks. I will keep messing with him but, after sampling several of the characters, I decided to focus my attention on Ayane for now. Once I get comfortable with both the basics of this game as well as the basics of Ayane, I will revisit some of these characters.

XxNoriakixX

He is not the best beginner character for sure, I've been trying to get into his style since it was confirmed that Gen is not in the game. Now I am getting the hang of him but cannot play the others anymore lol. Good luck and hope you will find the right character!

Arcane

He is not the best beginner character for sure, I've been trying to get into his style since it was confirmed that Gen is not in the game. Now I am getting the hang of him but cannot play the others anymore lol. Good luck and hope you will find the right character!
Haha yeah. He definitely feels like a character you need to spend a lot of time with, which is fine. I will definitely revisit him in the future.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD