Hidden stuff (well not really) discussion thread

mizking

Remember the very first DOA4 trailer? Here are some things i've noticed.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLQLIJnkSgM

The start of the trailer features Kasumi and Kokoro battling, you can hear Kasumi's DOA3 sounds. There is also a wall running move that never made it to the game.

The old laid out animation from DOA2 is also seen. If you look carefully that is.

The writing on the Gamblers Paradise stage says 'congratulations on the Xenon launch' which was the 360s original name during the consoles development.

Early screenshots show Christie wearing purple lipstick. Would've been a great addition to the game tbh would've also made a good DOA5 extra too.Unsure why it was removed.

A very early build of the game shows Kasumi with another win pose which never made it to the full game. You'll have to go to the deep depths of YouTube to find however.

If you pick Kasumi in her blue outfit and press X instead of the other buttons, her DOA3 model can be seen in water reflections although i have only tried this on the Waterfall Valley stage. This is most likely some developer oversight.

Derock

Like Kasumi doing the wall running Oboro, it seems like Lisa had some exclusive stage interaction on the DWOA stage, such as running on the ropes and even jumping right into the ring.

Hayabusiness

If you pick Kasumi in her blue outfit and press X instead of the other buttons, her DOA3 model can be seen in water reflections although i have only tried this on the Waterfall Valley stage. This is most likely some developer oversight.
Judging how you have to press X to make this happen and that it specifically uses a 3 model, it *could* be an easter egg. However it could also imply that during 4's early development, 2U/XBV1 models were not yet finished/made.

ryu_highabusa

All the reflections (and character shadows) are not real time effects - they are separate low poly models of the characters with their own texture maps. You are probably correct in this being an oversight. If you use Kokoro's kimono, for example, her reflection is a naked Kokoro with no outfit - the poly count on that outfit was already too high on the base model so I suspect that's why the low poly model is an absolute bare minimum.

LethalKasumi

All the reflections (and character shadows) are not real time effects - they are separate low poly models of the characters with their own texture maps. You are probably correct in this being an oversight. If you use Kokoro's kimono, for example, her reflection is a naked Kokoro with no outfit - the poly count on that outfit was already too high on the base model so I suspect that's why the low poly model is an absolute bare minimum.

Is there a video on this? Both the Kasumi and Kokoro reflections? I've played DOA4 but never looked at details like these.

ryu_highabusa

Is there a video on this? Both the Kasumi and Kokoro reflections? I've played DOA4 but never looked at details like these.

They fall into the water section of the stage at the 44 second mark (why does embedding media strip the timestamps? ugh...) - and P2 is Helena's mom's character model and it looks like the Kasumi DOA3 model is a default shadow/reflection model the devs used.

Bogetsu

Remember the very first DOA4 trailer? Here are some things i've noticed.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLQLIJnkSgM

The start of the trailer features Kasumi and Kokoro battling, you can hear Kasumi's DOA3 sounds. There is also a wall running move that never made it to the game.

The writing on the Gamblers Paradise stage says 'congratulations on the Xenon launch' which was the 360s original name during the consoles development.

Early screenshots show Christie wearing purple lipstick. Would've been a great addition to the game tbh would've also made a good DOA5 extra too.Unsure why it was removed.

A very early build of the game shows Kasumi with another win pose which never made it to the full game. You'll have to go to the deep depths of YouTube to find however.

Yeah I remember that! here you can find that win pose in an early game build (I think it was taken in TGS '05), with an unrealeased move (2KK?) The characters had no moans yet back then.

The "Congratulations on the Xenon Launch" banner was indeed in the final version. However, it changed according to what you had as "motto" in your Xbox profile.

I played the fucking game for 8 years and never noticed that. Wow.

Neither did I!

PrincessPeachfan2016

Has anyone found anything more hidden on DOA4 recently? I'm VERY CURIOUS about ALL the avatar acessories of the Online Mode, Nobody plays anymore so i can't get Zack Coins, which are needed for buying stuff at the shop. (((EDDDIIITTT!!))) By looking at the game's files, we can see the online mode had minigames including the avatars!! That's very curious too. Unfortunately i don't have any videos or so, you'd have to make more deeper researches..

Last edited:

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Has anyone found anything more hidden on DOA4 recently? I'm VERY CURIOUS about ALL the avatar acessories of the Online Mode
The lobby AFS has a bunch of blank spots suggesting that more themed lobby or lobbies were planned. They're blank though so no clue what it could've been. Haven't actually looked at it in a while but lobby stuff didn't concern me too much so I never bothered to tell anyone back in the day. Someone else could probably provide more detail than me.

PrincessPeachfan2016

Oh, i only found one guy, we played a couple matches, i won all, but i could only get 2000 coins, not enough.. I need 20,000 coins to buy a human type avatar, so i could get the human parts, That's the obscure part for me.

PrincessPeachfan2016

The lobby AFS has a bunch of blank spots suggesting that more themed lobby or lobbies were planned. They're blank though so no clue what it could've been. Haven't actually looked at it in a while but lobby stuff didn't concern me too much so I never bothered to tell anyone back in the day. Someone else could probably provide more detail than me.
Hmm, that's interesting.. Have you seen the hidden avatar minigames? I was told of them somewhere on old forums, How were they and what types were they again? is there anything else hidden in DOA4, like the DOA3 moves and DOA1 parries?
(Still farming 20,000 ZACK COINS to buy a human avatar, after I get them I'll post pictures of the human parts on my avatar topic.)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD