Hitomi Video/Critique Thread

Chris Harris

This thread will be used to show videos and get critique of your Hitomi play. Please no flaming, insults, or vague comments. Flaming and insults are pretty self explanatory but by vague I mean something like the following, "Parry more".

If you want to help merely give your observation and elaborate on it. Remember we're all friends here so let's at least pretend we like each other :)

Kokomi

Hello people! I just joined the forum not long ago since I was told that FSD's where the all the hardcore DOA players are, I decided to join in too. Since this is a video critique thread, I would just like to get some criticisms from fellow experienced Hitomi players, just to get to an idea of where I'm at as a Hitomi player. The video I posted was the most recent one, if you feel like it doesn't give you enough to criticize me, feel free to go my channel as I have a few (noob) videos there as well :p.

Raansu

You're throwing out strings in the middle of the stage way to much leaving you open for easy whiff punishment. Opening up with slow attacks at neutral like 9k, 8k, 4p. 9k and 8k should really only be used when you have a stun and 8k especially should really only be used in deeper stuns since as you saw in the video its slow enough to block on light stuns when you hit with 4p.

4p is kind of situational and should really only throw it out to catch a whiffed attack or to stop a side step since it tracks now. At neutral you should stick with 2p to get +1 and jabs as well as 6pk for mid setups as its 13 frames so its fairly quick. 3k strings are good at neutral as well.

You have the right idea with her guard break to avoid the mid wake up kick as well as using 3f+k as a whiff punisher. 3f+k and as of the 1.03 66f+k are your best gap closers now (3f+k is safe being -3 and 66f+k is now a guard break and +3).

don't be afraid to finish her string variations of pp6pk like 66pk, 1k6pk, 8pk6pk as the kick is -1 on block and as of 1.03 it is now unholdable as well. The only downside is that it is a high, but if you see people just blocking the strings and not crushing it then spam that shit.

2f+k while very unsafe on block is a fairly fast low that leave you at +5 on hit so don't be afraid to throw that out instead of doing 2kk as most people will just block the second kick.

Kokomi

You're throwing out strings in the middle of the stage way to much leaving you open for easy whiff punishment. Opening up with slow attacks at neutral like 9k, 8k, 4p. 9k and 8k should really only be used when you have a stun and 8k especially should really only be used in deeper stuns since as you saw in the video its slow enough to block on light stuns when you hit with 4p.

4p is kind of situational and should really only throw it out to catch a whiffed attack or to stop a side step since it tracks now. At neutral you should stick with 2p to get +1 and jabs as well as 6pk for mid setups as its 13 frames so its fairly quick. 3k strings are good at neutral as well.

You have the right idea with her guard break to avoid the mid wake up kick as well as using 3f+k as a whiff punisher. 3f+k and as of the 1.03 66f+k are your best gap closers now (3f+k is safe being -3 and 66f+k is now a guard break and +3).

don't be afraid to finish her string variations of pp6pk like 66pk, 1k6pk, 8pk6pk as the kick is -1 on block and as of 1.03 it is now unholdable as well. The only downside is that it is a high, but if you see people just blocking the strings and not crushing it then spam that shit.

2f+k while very unsafe on block is a fairly fast low that leave you at +5 on hit so don't be afraid to throw that out instead of doing 2kk as most people will just block the second kick.

Thank you, so in theoretical, I should work on my pokes and neutral game, yes? I find that a problem myself, I believe that my current problem lies in not being able to start off my games with pokes and jabs and that leads to a bad transition in juggling. Juggle wise, do you think my juggling needs some working on? Are my strings too linear? If it helps I can link you another video, this Akira video was pretty sloppy because I took the C- player for granted, having played with him a few times and knowing he cannot pressure well.

Would it be a good idea if I aim to pressure with Hitomi? I get really nervous now that spacing out doesn't work for me. To be honest with you, I have problems with players who space out themselves. Thus when the entire match turns in to a space out momentum, I'll be the first to land 66f+k, 3f+k or 66k(kk), which results in me being punished.

I have been told 1p is a good tool, can I get your thoughts on this because I don't seem to favor 1p at all, especially when it is blocked. In regards to 2p, can I know my options after a 2p? What would be a suitable follow up?

If there's is anything else that I can improve, do let me know :D!

Raansu

Neutral game is situational depending on the character/player you are fighting. You improve that over time with experience and learning how each character works, but in general, yes its always good to work on your pokes/neutral game.

Your juggles were fine given the heights you had. At max height though you'd go for 7pk p+kppp, but it only works on medium/light characters. So basically Bayman and Bass you'd pretty much be stuck with pp6pk even at max height lol.

Hitomi's strings are far from linear. Thanks to the recent patch they made even more of her stuff track. I'd say one of the few advantages Hitomi has over a lot of the cast is the fact that you really cannot side step her...ever.

Pressuring with Hitomi is always a good thing, but it depends on who you are fighting. For the most part though, staying in your opponents face is easy with Hitomi as she can't really be side stepped, she's fairly safe compared to most of the cast, and being poked out is one of the least of her worries as she can just throw out a parry whenever she is at disadvantage.

As far as spacing goes, once you get the hang of whiff punishment you shouldn't be afraid of spacing anymore. Between 46p, 236p, 6f+k, 3f+k, 66f+k and 66k she has probably some of the best whiff punishment in the game. Next to being impossible to side stepping her, spacing is one of her other strong points that she excels at, especially for a striking character.

1p is situational. It's not as good as it was in DoA4, but it's still a very useful high crush. While it's unsafe on normal hit and on block, if it gets a counter hit it will cause a trip stun giving you some time to get back on your feet and put the pressure back onto them. 2p your options are just mix ups, but the reason its good is because on hit it leaves her at +1 frame advantage, which means everything comes out one frame faster. After 2p her jab comes out at 9 frames instead of 10, 6p or 6k comes out at 12 frames instead of 13 ect. It might not be much, but in a game where frame advantage is very limited, it helps a lot to let her continue pressuring your opponent.

P1naatt1ke1tt0

I might add that as 2p is a frame trap, putting out two or three 2p's in a row and then assaulting with a mid strike can open up your opponent surprisingly well.

Kokomi

Hello, I haven't been uploading any Hitomi videos for awhile since I was busy with my university and was actually pacing back between Kokoro and Hitomi for some time. Aside from that, I refused to upload any videos during my B- to B journey since I felt that my Hitomi was really bad. Recently, I got addicted to holding wake-up kicks :3. I hope that's not a bad thing for Hitomi. Aside from that, I've begun to develop a love for Hitomi's 6T. I just uploaded these two videos just to get some remarks, like if anyone noticed I made an improvement in my Hitomi gameplay or has it taken a turn for the worse. Would love to know if my pressure game has improved or deteriorate too :D. Like I said, as I'm pacing back and forth between Kokoro and Hitomi, I might eventually go back to Kokoro if I start doing badly with Hitomi at one point again.

As of the Tina video, I am an A- ranker :D. A point to note, that video of me and Tina was completely f-ed up by the replay system. First off, I did not SS at all in that video, sidewalk yes, sidestep, no. And everything that you see on the 3rd round was not actual. I did not utilize Hitomi's 7K at all nor did I actually used her 4T. But the first two rounds were pretty much what I remembered. Let the criticisms begin!

P1naatt1ke1tt0

I just uploaded these two videos just to get some remarks, like if anyone noticed I made an improvement in my Hitomi gameplay or has it taken a turn for the worse.

Not bad, nice poking.

I suggest that you go to training mode and practice Hitomi's best wall juggle (after wall bounce back air state) of
:8::P::K::6::P::K: until it becomes muscle memory. If that is too hard, you can always do :P+K::P::P::P:, I did it initially. Hitomi can do massive amounts of damage at the wall, you should not let that go to waste.

Also, I didn't see you use Critical Burst. Read the relevant topics here and practice those too. I suggest set the counters to "always counter hit" and practice the combos. A good bNb CB combo is
:2::P+K:, :3::K::P::h:, :6::P+K:, :3::3::P:, :7::P::K::P+K::P::P::P:.

Kokomi

Not bad, nice poking.

I suggest that you go to training mode and practice Hitomi's best wall juggle (after wall bounce back air state) of
:8::P::K::6::P::K: until it becomes muscle memory. If that is too hard, you can always do :P+K::P::P::P:, I did it initially. Hitomi can do massive amounts of damage at the wall, you should not let that go to waste.

Also, I didn't see you use Critical Burst. Read the relevant topics here and practice those too. I suggest set the counters to "always counter hit" and practice the combos. A good bNb CB combo is

Currently, I am trying to incorporate 8PK6PK as a juggle ender in my juggles, but haven't really gotten the chance to do that because I don't like to see any good air juggles go to waste. As for P+KPPP, I do realize that it is a good wall burst combo, its just that, in the heat of the moment, I forget about using them because all that went through my mind was PP6PK and using kicks as a juggle ender. If I had to use P+KPPPP, I had to use 4KPPPP instead because of the kick, for some reason, I prefer kicks.

In regards to CB, I kinda gave up on that because its not easy for me to perform one. Reason being I either get held because most people would predict me, and also compared to Kokoro, I don't remember how fast can Hitomi achieve CB, because her hits don't stun as hard as Kokoro. I wasn't willing to take the risk of letting go the stun game.

Although CB is something I should start focusing on. Currently, I'm practicing my holds, because it's just to nice to see people getting afraid of you because they know they are being predicted. Instead of using Hitomi's 6H for a mid kick, I'm trying to practice 46H. I just can't perform them in quick succession. And also her mid parry which I have trouble doing so. Other moves I should try incorporating would be 1KP6PK or probably her 2P+K, because I realize that is pretty good. What are your thoughts on 2P+K? Oh, I might also add, using 8H+K as her launcher.

As you may have figured, I am a bit to reliant on 66KK in to K or P after her 10 frame throw advantage. Because its easier for me to follow up, but could you give me some options after 6T that people won't usually see it coming? Also, I'm currently trying to perform 236T, any tips on that? It's just something I just wanted to include in my videos to make in flashier =3.

Chaos

Not bad, nice poking.

Hitomi may not been buff exactly the way I want it but I'm very satisfied of what shes got especially since her 66h+k guard breaks and its safe on block, damage output increased is beautiful, more safer than before and not to mentioned most of her moves track. I wish her 6p+k had a faster start up frame and I wish she still had :K::2::K::P: :(
Sorry about my grammer, I'm just really tired today lol

Murakame

As you may have figured, I am a bit to reliant on 66KK in to K or P after her 10 frame throw advantage. Because its easier for me to follow up, but could you give me some options after 6T that people won't usually see it coming? Also, I'm currently trying to perform 236T, any tips on that? It's just something I just wanted to include in my videos to make in flashier =3.

Anything that tracks is your best bet after 6T. use 2H+K, 6H+K, 2P+K or 4P if you want to strike. If you feel like applying pressure you can use one of her punch strings and free cancel into another 6T or go for a GB or low stun to keep the pressure going. You can also do another 6T or 33T. Me personally I like 2H+K, 4P, 6H+K, 6T and 33T. I feel so badass when I do 2 6T's in a row then do 33T and win the round. Even more so when I get the 33T near a wall. :cool:

Kokomi

Hitomi may not been buff exactly the way I imagined , I'm very satisfied especially since her 66h+k guard breaks and its save on block, damage output increased is beautiful, more safer than before and not to mentioned most of her moves track. I wish her 6p+k had a faster start up frame and I wish she still had :K::2::K::P: :(
Sorry about my grammer, I'm just really tired today lol

Ohh, I know right! One of the moves I loved from DOA4 was Hitomi's K2KP ):
Wonder why they took it out.

Chaos

Ohh, I know right! One of the moves I loved from DOA4 was Hitomi's K2KP ):
Wonder why they took it out.
I don't think TN knows what they're doing sometimes. It seems like they get all confuse and start taken out good tools/moves.

P1naatt1ke1tt0

Currently, I am trying to incorporate 8PK6PK as a juggle ender in my juggles

I only use it after wall bounce, since PP6PK gives only 1 point less damage and can be easily changed to PP4PPP if you realize mid-juggle that the launch height is higher. 4KPPPP is unreliable as a juggle, the last punch easily doesn't connect in lag. I suggest use PP4PPP instead.

What are your thoughts on 2P+K? Oh, I might also add, using 8H+K as her launcher.

2P+K is a good spacing tool since it ducks some highs, it has tracking and good range. And it gives a deep stun. Use 9K as a mid kick launcher instead of 8H+K (except after opponent low wake-up kick). 8H+K pushes the opponent back, so many times you can't juggle them after launch. Also, 9K is faster.

Kokomi

7PP is also a great move to start stunning your opponent for a CB! and leaves her at -6 if it's blocked but unfortunately it doesn't track :( but it's useful, just don't it so much.

By the way, I never got to ask, do you think Hitomi's K2KP could have been a potential juggle ender. She makes a cute sound at her second kick :oops:

RE0

Hi, I'm relatively new to DOA(<100 hours played) - C+ online.
Wondering if I can get some critique of my play. Not the greatest at performing practiced combos in a regular match, but could use some tips for other areas. Switched mains from: Leifang -> Ayane -> Hitomi, trying to find someone I like to use. Research up to this point is pretty much copying down all the good moves and combos off FSD

Regular offline vs play against level 7 bots since I can never find good matches or even a match in general.
http://www.youtube.com/embed/rLxVA7pGC-I

http://www.youtube.com/embed/KG3LYWisGJA

Note* - I have a lot of trouble against Jann Lee as well as any grappler. Always ends up like this:
http://www.youtube.com/embed/6gjXyy3SVUU

Thanks

P1naatt1ke1tt0

One thing you could always practice is doing the basic juggles consistently. For very low launches PPP or PP2KK, a bit higher PP6PK or 8PK6PK, for higher PP4PPP or 4KPPPP, for higher 7PK, P+KPPP or 7PK, 7PKKK, for higher 7PK, PP6PK, for higher 7PK, PP4PPP. The most important ones are PP6PK and PP4PPP, IMO.

Spacing is also important, and hitomi has good ranged tools, practice using them: running P, running K, 46P, 66H+K and the most important one 66K-strings.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD