hold-resistant string starters?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Then how come this one guy has been outed a bunch of times and all of these other unspecified guys have evaded it every time?

I doubt anyone thinks only one person has ever used it, but some people are making it out to be some kind of epidemic, and it really seems to be a small handful of people whose tags you could easily note and avoid. Sure, they could start over with a new name, but what's the point? After a single match with the new account, everyone can identify him. He'd never climb any ranks and he'd be stuck restarting over and over again.
Idk, but all I can say is that more than just one person use this bot.

PC version is kinda doomed anyway so fuck it...Wazaaaa, here's more:
:mai:
214P is only hold resistant on the second "auto" hit

:naotora:
Her running P+K and IFC P+K are both hold resistant.

:eliot:

H+K

:ein:

I was wrong about the MR one, her flying butt attack and anyone who possesses one can also be hold resistant.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
The PC version is growing bigger everyday. The allure of non-shitty netcode is greater than you might think.
You sure? I can believe it's a decent netcode but according to members like Brute, it's not all that. The reason the netcode is probably so good is because of the excluded LR stages, no soft engine, and no lobby module. Add all that on and you'll have console lag in no time, PC version is just DOA5LR Lite in a nutshell, and this isn't an insult. That's the OG truth.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
To be fair it's really only me and one other person who have that opinion. But it wouldn't be the first time I'm immune to bandwagon hyperboles.

I would find it extremely difficult to have that opinion considering its a fact the PC version has less input delayed stacking onto the additional internet lag.

Brute

Standard Donor
I would find it extremely difficult to have that opinion considering its a fact the PC version has less input delayed stacking onto the additional internet lag.
Most people find it difficult to have opinions other than their own, but the opinion stems from whether or not the difference substantially changes the game to the point that it's preferable to abandon lobbies/stages/etc. in favor of it, not whether it's present.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Lot of matchups where my holds will land mid-string on PC and not on console. I'd consider that pretty substantial. But then, a lot of my game IS based around that, so....

Brute

Standard Donor
If that were my experience I'd probably consider it substantial as well. But here we are.

WAZAAAAA

That's the spirit.

Aren't those single-hit or natural and/or jail combos? I think WAZAAAAA is looking specifically for strings.
Actually my first thought was to make a "let's list every hold resistant strike in the game" thread but realized it would've been too much to ask for, so I went for a more specific question instead. But the more hold resistant strikes I get to test, the merrier. Only Marie Rose's hurricane kick and Bass' CB seem to fit the string starter requirement of my main thread question anyway lul

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
You could consider making a clever flow-chart based bot that covers an array of options and bottlenecks the players choice into one of a few things, then records the players response and adjusts its own based on the probability of past interactions rather than input reads so that it emulates human intelligence rather than... well, cheating.

but eyyyyy that takes work.

As it is now, Team Ninjas AI also cheats, and your AI is basically a level 9 CPU. I can't remember a time when DOA had a decent AI, though.

WAZAAAAA

You could consider making a clever flow-chart based bot that covers an array of options and bottlenecks the players choice into one of a few things, then records the players response and adjusts its own based on the probability of past interactions rather than input reads so that it emulates human intelligence rather than... well, cheating.
The BisonBot is exactly what you're looking for.
But I'd rather work on a hitbox viewer instead lel

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
You sure? I can believe it's a decent netcode but according to members like Brute, it's not all that. The reason the netcode is probably so good is because of the excluded LR stages, no soft engine, and no lobby module. Add all that on and you'll have console lag in no time, PC version is just DOA5LR Lite in a nutshell, and this isn't an insult. That's the OG truth.

Do you know anything about network engineering and coding?

Lulu

>:(
The BisonBot is exactly what you're looking for.
But I'd rather work on a hitbox viewer instead lel

YES PLEASE !!! I'm going to use that shit on Leifang.... finaly deal with her evasive ass once and for all.

The "soft engine" isn't even a thing. It's as legitimate as blast processing. Simply a change in physics values.

Maybe They added a couple extra Physics Materials or are using a slightly more complex Soft body objects that weren't really possible on the Xbox 360 and PS3.... well I mean they were possible but I noticed the Framerate would drop during some powerblow animations and whenever I zoomed in on kokoro's hair. It seems like TN literally only just managed to get the game to run a 60FPS... meaning even minor changes to the physics might cause more noticeable Frame rate drops.

But thats just a theory.

Last edited by a moderator:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Do you know anything about network engineering and coding?
I'm sorry, that was just my theory, forgive me if I was wrong. I do genuinely believe tho that the no lobby thing is what actually is making the game run better imo, less for the game to do online.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I do genuinely believe tho that the no lobby thing is what actually is making the game run better imo, less for the game to do online.

Playing ranked matches on consoles doesn't use lobbies though and the connection is still bad. Doesn't the PC version's matching system work the same way as the console's ranked system?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Playing ranked matches on consoles doesn't use lobbies though and the connection is still bad.
No what I mean is that the lobby might add bulk to the game which is why it may have worse connection on console. PC doesn't have the lobby mode module implemented at all so that's less data and less stress on online latency right there. Remember in DOA4 when Itagaki made the 3D lobby rooms and that made the latency of online take a hit coupled with the zack store where you could buy lobby items? That's kind of what I mean, even if you do play ranked mode exclusively.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD