Hopes for the future kokoro Doa5u

Bushido

I wouldn't trust the 8PP refloat it is tag after all. The initial sabaki is definitely not 7P. Can't wait till it comes out to find a whole new bag of tricks :)
Well, we all will probably still be using 9P. It's just good to at least see something new.

Wouldn't her 6P+K be trackable ? I want PP6P trackable too. I want the 3th hit of 6PPP beeing trackable. I want 46P first hit trackable. I want 2H+K trackable too, or just the follow up K.

That's all i want.
6P+K tracking...I think that would be overkill. The elbows tracking, I think I can see that. 6PPP already has some tracking, so having the last P track isn't needed. I can see 46P tracking, she kind of twists her body to get that hit. 2H+K needs to track. It bothers me she sweeps her foot and they can sidestep right through it.

GeomighT

its definitely not 7p , but has similar animation honestly it looks like a parry or advanced hold that goes right into 20/28 threshold seems like it , similar to 236-T P+K ( what did hayate attack with was that a mid or a high ? )

8PP looks reworked for tag purposes , the 2nd hit always knocks opponents a bit back after a launcher

that last move in the tag string , anyone know if that was a Low or a mid on initial hit , i pray its a low under 14 frames that has 2 options for mid and high

Bushido

its definitely not 7p , but has similar animation honestly it looks like a parry or advanced hold that goes right into 20/28 threshold seems like it , similar to 236-T P+K ( what did hayate attack with was that a mid or a high ? )

that last move in the tag string , anyone know if that was a Low or a mid on initial hit , i pray its a low under 14 frames that has 2 options for mid and high
Yup, definitely looks like a parry, not a sabaki. That's interesting. I'm sure Hayate's punch was a high. It looks like it'll take care of both high and mid punches, but we'll have to wait and see. The move at the end of the string looks like 1P, but it could very well be 3P. Again, we'll have to wait and see.

EDIT: I have mixed feelings, I'm positive that's a sabaki. It was part of the animation of that strike.

synce

Looking at the hit effects it seems to be low->mid... I heard that she's getting 1PP+K, maybe this is it? Wonder what that means for old 1P

Edit: Nevermind looking at my notes it's 1PPP+K , so I have no idea what command they could possibly be using for the one in the video. Pretty much everything's already taken

GeomighT

Looking at the hit effects it seems to be low->mid... I heard that she's getting 1PP+K, maybe this is it? Wonder what that means for old 1P

Edit: Nevermind looking at my notes it's 1PPP+K , so I have no idea what command they could possibly be using for the one in the video. Pretty much everything's already taken

that animation is very similar to something like 33P+K shoulder launch , it would be very clear if they didnt use slanted camera angles from behind , yet 1P string she doesn't crouch much , i wanna say its 3p but those sound effects lead me to believe its a brand new string

1PPP+K , is that low , high , heichu ? - what are these Kokoro notes ? id like to hear some more

Pupi18

This looks beautiful ;_;
kokoro.gif

synce

that animation is very similar to something like 33P+K shoulder launch , it would be very clear if they didnt use slanted camera angles from behind , yet 1P string she doesn't crouch much , i wanna say its 3p but those sound effects lead me to believe its a brand new string

1PPP+K , is that low , high , heichu ? - what are these Kokoro notes ? id like to hear some more

To me the second part of the string looks like one of Akira's moves, I think it was his SS P.. Got no details on 1PPP+K but I don't think it's heichu, the person said it's a new move.

Anyway let's just hope the new sabaki doesn't get nerfed in the first patch. TN loves to give us new toys then take them away :p

PgoezinC

I definately agree that first move is a new sabaki attack. I think it will only be against high punches (possibly high kicks too) because it appears to put the opponent at an instant threshold. If it's actually gonna be sabaki > CB, then it would seem unfair for it to be against both high and mids. I like that it's a new move though.

I also think the second part is a new move. Both 1p and 3p punch from the back shoulder. In the video, Kokoro punches from the front shoulder. If it was 1p or 3p, she would have led with her right arm. The impact also seems to be from her elbow/shoulder area, so I think Geomight is on the right track with 33p+k. It's similar, but I think it's a new move. Doesn't 33p+k have a slight rising motion before impact? That move in the video looks like a strait line attack.

It looks like a mid, but hopefully it's low. Otherwise, there would need to be a reason to use it over 6p. Kokoro already has enough mid p attacks. Best case scenario: It's a low that stuns.

TakedaZX

Well I picked up Koko again not too long ago after messing with the whole cast (basically).

1. :6::P::P: - I wouldn't mind seeing a solid stun on CH+. On NH it can stay frame advantage to work with.
2. Tracking
:1::K: (speed increase as well)
:1::K::K:/BT :4::P::K: (Not my initial idea, taken from BBC)
:2::H+K: (no stun on NH, it's too fast for that, especially if they make it track)
:7::K: (I don't see why this doesn't track already, I personally love to have a SS kill launcher)
:P::K::2::P:/:3::K::2::P:/:1::K::K::2::P:/BT :4::P::K::2::P: (It'd make sense if the mid kick tracked (3K4K, etc.), but I thought the low would make sense too, it's just that the mid doesn't look like a tracking kick while the low punch does have a horizontal movement, and would check Christie and Bayman on Special SS).
3. :4::H+K: - [New Move]Full spinning mid kick like Hitomi's :6::H+K: that chains into Heichu with the P+K input. Also super safe.
4. :2::P+K: and BT :2::P+K: - Increase stun to launch height for 2P+K so that she can follow up with p6p, p2kp or BT 4pk~ strings (for spiking the opponent next to you if you want to work the ground game/wake up game).

As for BT 2P+K, it has a scaling glitch on CH. When you do a stun to launch combo (Try doing 3K4K or (3K)4K on CH and in following up with BT 2P+K), the juggle portion goes down to NH scaling. The three segments of scaling are: Initial Stun, Middle Stuns/Launcher, Juggle. On NH this goes 100%, 50%, 40%. On CH it goes 125%, 62%, 50%). With (3K)4K, BT 2P+K, 66P+KP+K~P+K runs as (125%)125%/62%, 62%, 40%(x4). This is incorrect and cheats her out of deserved damage. (Does 87 dmg, should do 95 dmg).

5. :P::K::4::K:/:3::K::4::K:/:1::K::K::4::K:/BT :4::P::K::4::K: - Personal want right here but I'd like for this to ground bounce launch at max threshold again so that there is a 3 way mix-up on launchers (3K, 46P (high), 3KP (mid p), 3K4K (mid k, but max threshold only)). The launch could be enough for a bt p6p, p2kp or 4pk~ strings to spike the opponent if you want to play the ground game/wake up game.

Last edited:

Bushido

Well I picked up Koko again not too long ago after messing with the whole cast (basically).

1. :6::P::P: - I wouldn't mind seeing a solid stun on CH+. On NH it can stay frame advantage to work with.
2. Tracking - :1::K: (speed increase as well), :1::K::K:/BT :4::P::K: (Not my initial idea, taken from BBC), :2::H+K: (no stun on NH, it's too fast for that, especially if they make it track), :7::K: (I don't see why this doesn't track already, I personally love to have a SS kill launcher), :P::K::2::P:/:3::K::2::P:/:1::K::K::2::P:/BT :4::P::K::2::P: (It'd make sense if the mid kick tracked (3K4K, etc.), but I thought the low would make sense too, it's just that the mid doesn't look like a tracking kick while the low punch does have a horizontal movement, and would check Christie and Bayman on Special SS).
3. :4::H+K: - Full spinning mid kick like Hitomi's :6::H+K: that chains into Heichu. Also super safe.
4. :2::P+K: and BT :2::P+K: - Increase stun to launch height for 2P+K so that she can follow up with p6p, p2kp or BT 4pk~ strings (for spiking the opponent next to you if you want to work the ground game/wake up game).

As for BT 2P+K, it has a scaling glitch on CH. When you do a stun to launch combo (Try doing 3K4K or (3K)4K on CH and in following up with BT 2P+K), the juggle portion goes down to NH scaling. The three segments of scaling are: Initial Stun, Middle Stuns/Launcher, Juggle. On NH this goes 100%, 50%, 40%. On CH it goes 125%, 62%, 50%). With (3K)4

[Still Editing] - From Ps3
1. I don't think an extended stun on 6PP is necessary. It's not really a string you'd free cancel much when it does hit. I would love to see it being safer. Less of a risk to pressure with that is glorious.

2. I can see the mid kick from 1KK tracking since 1K is still neutral, but 1K by itself doesn't really need to track. 3K, with the ss system being the way it is, would definitely be a bit of an overkill.

3. Make H+K safer and it's basically the same thing. If 2H+K stuns on NH, then we would be set for the Heichu stance. It isn't really needed much anyway.

4. Ditto.

TakedaZX

1. I don't think an extended stun on 6PP is necessary. It's not really a string you'd free cancel much when it does hit. I would love to see it being safer. Less of a risk to pressure with that is glorious.

2. I can see the mid kick from 1KK tracking since 1K is still neutral, but 1K by itself doesn't really need to track. 3K, with the ss system being the way it is, would definitely be a bit of an overkill.

3. Make H+K safer and it's basically the same thing. If 2H+K stuns on NH, then we would be set for the Heichu stance. It isn't really needed much anyway.

4. Ditto.
The point of increasing the stun is not to make it better for the stun game but to give a better reward for checking SS with a high, and specifically one from a string. I wish there were sidestep catch specific stuns for this occasion.

As for 1K, I think it makes sense, especially considering the risk of 1K by itself. -11 on hit (let alone on block, with her in BT). Put this in there would definitely keep her hardest match ups honest. I never mentioned 3K itself tracking though. 3K4K maybe but not 3K itself, especially considering how easy it comes from pk.

H+K is a high. That's where the differences start. Doing 4h+k could give her a good tracking mid to throw out raw. Lets not forget that Hitomi has a stunning tracking move to throw out after 6T and in a lot of other frame advantage situations which can not be beaten out by whacking buttons. The trade off for going with mid tracking is a holdable stun and the trade off for the high kick is losing the BT combo situation/chance as well as the heichu mix-up.

Also something I missed out on, two things actually. Tracking off of BT p6p would be nice (assuming they create more BT situations for her), as well as increasing the usability of Heichu P (feint stun, real stun, or something), because as of now it's very useless since it's killed by the same thing that kills the low option (low holds). Landing it should have a better reward.

Saber

More tracking moves for Kokoro:
33P
BT4K
BTP+K
Heichu 2P or give a throw from Heichu.
That's it. She doesn't need any more, IMO.

+frame on block moves:
PPP (GB +5)
K +1
3KP/1KKP/PKP +2
2KP/P2KP +0
H+K +0 (unless it becomes like Kasumi's H+K which guarantees 66P which can also guarantee a lot of good shit)
BTPPP +1
Kokoro's already quite safe, and her specialty isn't frame traps anyway. These are just for pressure purposes.

Move property changes:
9K to be a mid kick
3KP/1KKP/PKP to ground bounce during launch (at the very least enough for 66P+K P+K P+K for all weights)
She needs only one low crush (no more than that because she already has a bunch of high crushes) and something to extend juggles, though given the new Bound state, there may be more.

New move:
Access to BT stance from Heichu - input could be (Heichu) 4P and act like Ayane's 8P
She just needs something to safely access BT stance to make full use of her BT game.

Last edited:

TakedaZX

Btw, that sabaki, isn't new from my prospective, it has the sam hit animation as her current cb (which is already a sabakifor just highs. I doubt they'd make it Sarah/Ryu powerful (High+Mid) then give her a cb chance straight after.

But I can recognize Hayate's 6p from anywhere, and that was it, but well see.

PgoezinC

I think Takeda is right about Hayate's attack in that video being 6p. I had just assumed it was a high and didn't pay much attention to it, but looking at it closer after he mentioned 6p, I agree 100%.

This, of course, means one thing: Kokoro's new sabaki is against mid punches.

That makes a lot more sense than adding a new sabaki that deflects the exact same highs as her existing sabaki.... which, btw, imo, is absolutely worthless as a sabaki since 7p is a crouching attack. It seems like 99.9999999999% (slight exaggeration) of the time I land 7p, it's as a CH, not a sabaki. In fact, I find it to be more useful as a way to take the last chunk of health off an opponent that's blocking to win the round than as a sabaki because the k follow up is guaranteed if the 7p is blocked. The k can't be held, blocked, or SS'd.

Anyways, back to that sabaki... I disagree 100% that Kokoro's (new) sabaki is the same as her current cb, nor is any part of the animation the same.

Current (worthless) sabaki: The start up for 7p puts her in a crouching position, and both arms stay below her head. Once the actual strike begins, her lead arm raises above her head and she punches with the back shoulder arm.

New sabaki: She turns at her waist to square up her shoulders (her tits are pointing at the opponent, 7p tits point to the side) then she lifts both arms up over her head in front of her, both palms facing up (as if she's opening a window). Then she strikes with both arms.

New sabaki, new animation, against mid punches.

TakedaZX

I'll give you the start up is different but the end pose is all the same. If someone wants to be so kind as to get a slowed down version of that gif or better yet slowdown the actual video and repost it on youtube then here, that'd make me very happy.

In fact if someone gets me that and slowed down video and I'm convinced it's a new sabaki, you can then rub it in my face. She doesn't strike with both arms though, I'm pretty damn sure of that.

MajesticBlue

Btw, that sabaki, isn't new from my prospective, it has the sam hit animation as her current cb (which is already a sabakifor just highs. I doubt they'd make it Sarah/Ryu powerful (High+Mid) then give her a cb chance straight after.

But I can recognize Hayate's 6p from anywhere, and that was it, but well see.

Yeah its weird how the sabaki properties change from game to game. Also Ryu has a sabaki? Guessing you are thinking of the parry? If Kokoro's 7p sabakis mids and buffed the window that would be pretty cool. Can't wait to see what the deal is.

TakedaZX

Yeah its weird how the sabaki properties change from game to game. Also Ryu has a sabaki? Guessing you are thinking of the parry? If Kokoro's 7p sabakis mids and buffed the window that would be pretty cool. Can't wait to see what the deal is.
Yea you're right, his is a parry in the end so I can't count him..

PgoezinC

I'll give you the start up is different but the end pose is all the same. If someone wants to be so kind as to get a slowed down version of that gif or better yet slowdown the actual video and repost it on youtube then here, that'd make me very happy.

In fact if someone gets me that and slowed down video and I'm convinced it's a new sabaki, you can then rub it in my face. She doesn't strike with both arms though, I'm pretty damn sure of that.
I could make a gif... except that's waaaay too much work just to rub something in the face of a stranger on the internet. Instead, let me just point out a few things...

1. Keep in mind that the sabaki and the following CB are from the same "end pose" stance, right leg forward
2. Sabaki hits with you seeing Kokoro's back, CB hits with you seeing her tits(automatically means it's different)
3. Sabaki/right arm extends into the opponent, CB/right arm remains behind her head
4. Both arms are visible and spaced widely apart during the impact animation of the CB
5. Only the right arm is visible during the impact animation of the sabaki
5a. Where do you suppose her left arm is? And what could it be doing?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD