How did you come up with your username?

Darkton93

I came up with my name when I was 13 on another board, to step out of someone else's shadow. I came up with it as a reversal of Brighton, because I had Amped in my mind, and I've never been good with names. The name stuck because I wanted to keep something constant. Also, sometimes I add 93, which is based around the year I was born.

As for HiddenPath360, my Live account, well, that was my Dad's old company.

SilverForte

Silver +
Bass-megaman-19031659-440-599.jpg

FatalxInnocence

hehe, everybody is so different. It's interesting how bold some people are. I could never use my actual name as my username. I'd be so paranoid about people tracking me.... ( I'm an extremely paranoid person tbh =P which is why I could never do it. )

Then you have the people who use things they love and refer to that as their username.

It's pretty cool hearing about people's thought process when it comes to something as small as a username. Some people ( like myself ) over-think it. Others come up with it in like 2 seconds etc. It's really interesting imo! =D

Thanks for shaaaring~

DontForkWitMe

my tag way back on quake 3 arena on dreamcast was DontFuckWitMe as a warning to people not to fuck with me since names were uncensored in that game i got away with it. obviously other services/games don't allow vulgar words in gamertags so i cleverly replaced fuck with fork to bypass those censors. got the idea off one of my homies from jersey with his goofy accent that made his "fuck" sound like "fork" and stuck with it ever since.

Pictured Mind

I've been a Scorpions fan for as long as I can remember and was listening to their live album Tokyo Tapes when I came up with it. I was looking through the track list and one of my favorite songs was ''Pictured Life". So I figured I would use the first part of that title.

Then for the second part I used the last word of "In Search of the Peace of Mind", another song on the album. I'm also a big Iron Maiden fan and Piece of Mind is probably my favorite album by them, so it made sense.

I just smacked the Pictured and Mind parts together and BAM! There's my name.

samuraihachi

Standard Donor
Back when I was around 11 years old and I wanted to set up a AIM account. I didn't know what to use, and then my sister came up with samuraihachi. To me, it sounded kind of odd but something about it…I liked. So I stuck with it and I've used it for AIM, gamefaqs and FSD.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Made mine up in 6th grade because I needed something for a MySoup page which I'm pretty sure has been gone for years at this point. I know my way around networks and computers in ways that I often used to terrorize the poor IT people at the schools I went to. Since getting older I've wisely chosen to not be quite so...exploratory and I mostly just behave myself.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I had my nickname from my aunt every since I was born. Just my initials. It had something to do with my late uncle that I never met since he died a year before I was born. I have his middle name. Then everybody just rolled with it. Either JD (is what everybody around me calls me, even people in the FGC that I know personally) or JDE (my tag name) is fine with me. I just like my initials. It's a way of keeping my uncle alive, the reason why I was given his middle name. Mr.Happy-Go-Lucky was a name that was made up when I was in high school (other than JD) from some girls that I was friends with.

Side Note: Awesmic came up with Just Do/Does/Define Everything Blackburry Chaos came up with Just Do "Et".

Last edited by a moderator:

Kodachi

Standard Donor
Ayane was my main from DOA2-3 and in Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 where she wielded the Fuma Kodachi,
Kodachi Kuno is also the name of my favourite character from an Anime called Ranma 1/2 that I watched as a child.
Meaning: "A kodachi, literally translating into "small or short tachi", is one of the traditionally made Japanese swords used by the samurai class of feudal Japan. Kodachi are from the early Kamakura period"

It's basically just a sword Smaller than a Katana but larger than a Wakizashi.

500px-958890_20090626_screen006.jpg
1359903741371_f.jpg

Devilreaper

Its a clan name which originated way back when i used to play Wolfenstein Enemy Territory for the PC. My PSN account "devilreaper122" is also incredibly ancient, now i usually roll with "AntiFascist" or "AntiFascistMilitant".

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Ayane was my main from DOA2-3 and in Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 where she wielded the Fuma Kodachi,
Kodachi Kuno is also the name of my favourite character from an Anime called Ranma 1/2 that I watched as a child.
Meaning: "A kodachi, literally translating into "small or short tachi", is one of the traditionally made Japanese swords used by the samurai class of feudal Japan. Kodachi are from the early Kamakura period"

It's basically just a sword Smaller than a Katana but larger than a Wakizashi.

500px-958890_20090626_screen006.jpg
1359903741371_f.jpg
You need to get in touch with @Punishere, he loves Ranma 1/2.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD