How did you find your main character?

Brute

Standard Donor
We all fear the character who backs away and use that stance thing every single match. XD
*looks at Brute* LOL :)
Backs away? I've said this 10,000 times. Every bitch on the internet refuses to rushdown Hayabusa at range, despite rushdown being the hardest thing for Hayabusa to deal with. Thus, I am forced to move in on my opponent every-single-time unless I want every fight to last as long as the timer is set to. I create distance, sure. Why would I want to be 1 foot away from a character with an 11 frame mid? But I don't turtle. I fucking come after you. Do I use ongyoin? Sure. I'd like to see you play Sarah without Flamingo Stance, or Lisa with BT. Ya can't.
You "fear" me? Come get me. I'm tired of chasing everyone's ass all over the place.

Last edited:

AkaShocka

Backs away? I've said this 10,000 times. Every bitch on the internet refuses to rushdown Hayabusa at range, despite rushdown being the hardest thing for Hayabusa to deal with. Thus, I am forced to move in on my opponent every-single-time unless I want every fight to last as long as the timer is set to. I create distance, sure. Why would I want to be 1 foot away from a character with an 11 frame mid? But I don't turtle. I fucking come after you. Do I use ongyoin? Sure. I'd like to see you play Sarah without Flamingo Stance, or Lisa with BT. Ya can't.
You "fear" me? Come fucking get me. I'm tired of chasing everyone's ass all over the place.
ok. jeez I was just playing. I really don't care if people turtle or not. Lisa spaces too so I really don't care. I'm not afraid to stay on Ryu, especially in Ultimate since alot of his GB are gone. Using Lisa is without BT stance is possible but using Sarah without the FLA stance is impossible, if not, hard as hell. I don't fear no one. Even when I do stay on Ryu's ass, they still back away. Like I was fighting Godly yesterday, I tried the spacing game, didn't work out. But I stayed on him and he couldn't stop me. Yea Yea, I was using Christie but I can do the same with Lisa. And before you say "Christie has a 9 frames jab, of course he wouldn't try to beat her out in the punching game" oh well. Even with Lisa, I stayed in his face and couldn't do anything. I am not trying to call him out or anything, just using an example. The MAJORITY! of Ryu players I play always back up. I don't feel like chasing them, so I just what for them to do his teleporting stuff, free step it, and just continue on. Now, don't get me wrong, I do space with Lisa, but I will come to you eventually just like Ryu. But with Sarah, Christie, Helena and all my other characters I will stay in your face. But characters like Christie can play the space game well too

Brute

Standard Donor
It was not just directed at you. Sorry if it seemed personal.
It's something a lot of people say. "At range in ongyoin Hayabusa is impossible!" He's only got two deadly moves at long-distance at ongyoin, and one is not hard to see coming at all.
9 frame jabs are not as much an issue as 11 frame mids, especially if they're safe and/or have good mix-up options following them.

His Reverence

Papa Reverence, the Ayane Enthusiast.
Premium Donor
I used to play Hayabusa in DOA2U but Ayane always interested me. As a result, I swore that I would main her when DOA5+ released. (Didn't have DOA5 for the consoles.)

Upon the games release, I drowned myself in YouTube videos and spent hours upon hours in the training mode and this seemed to have done wonders!

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Whenever Ryu decided to rushback, or teleport in vanilla, Alpha could put an end to it by simply diving. She can't get away with it in this title though.

Yaguar

Hmm... I kinda swap mains now and then. I like characters that aren't heavily represented normally and especially those that aren't played within my little circles.

I started with Tina in 5 as I mained her in 4. Mila looked interesting because MMA so I picked her up on the side and soon started maining her.

Zack was one of those characters I always wanted to play so I grabbed him at start of the year and ended up flip flopping between him and Mila for most of my matches through the life of 5.

5U enters, I'm all in boycott mode, hits PSN to download, BOOM bought. Went to Mila, didn't like her changed style, didn't work for me. Lack of effective FT on Zack and due to old habits pretty much ruining me saw me looking around. I just tested out known characters I thought were fun (Bayman and Ein) and then saw a few Momiji's in ranked over the last weekend. Took her through training, worked on some combo's and 10 hours in Free Training later (and a few ranked matches when they popped and I was fairly happy with her. She is hella fun and I love the style. Having a solid escape to get away from wake up suits me fine and she works for my slightly more defensive than offensive style.

TL;DR: I've started picking characters I consider fun that also suit my style of play over anything else. I also like picking characters no one uses because you can get away with so much filth.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
So one time I joined this lobby and this guy was all like PUNCH PUNCH KICK,
Then I was like *Yush*,
And then that was the last time I saw him. Best story every, I should write a book.

Nameless Sama

Thanks Godly for this thread you bring my old memories back ! My first DOA game was Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate with my Xbox together but I played Dead or Alive 2 Hardcore first with friends. As I child I loved to play and I still love to play Fighting Games because you need so much skill in each Fighting Game. You create your own combos , you are one with your main and when you win its like you win together with your character. Its sounds weird but thats how I feel ^-^. You find new friends and you will always find more stuff and the best thing is in my opinion you get better and have always fun. As I played with friends I looked at all possiable characters and decided to take Ryu Hayabusa because he looked so serious form my first impression. Only Ryu interested me at this time I coundnt forget him. I played played with friends 5 - 6 hours DOA2 Hardcore. I only took Ryu. After I got my first XBOX Console and my DOAU2 I decided to make him to my only main, The other characters didnt and still interest me. After I made my first Izuna I was 10000% sure I made the right choise. It was for me a success. I missed and failed to make a Izuna but after I made an Izuna Drop I was so happy. Words coundt describe it how happy I was. I love this character he has so a sad past and still fights for that what he belives. He doesnt give up that whys I like him so much. He is a character who is really in my heart ! After playing DOAU2 I bought NGB. NGB was the game to made the 10000% to endless. I learned this character. He has his good and bad sides and he respect his opponent and THATS is the POINT which I appreciate by him. He was a inspiration where I was sad. I lost my little brother he died on a cancer. I cried like Ryu at his deep soul. Doesnt matter what happend he didnt give up although he cryied inside his heart. That was a insperation for me. I know he is Virtual Character but such things can help you to feel better . We need something to feel better we need someone too and by me was Ryu a insperation to never give up doesnt matter waht happends and protect that what you really love. My Main will always always be Ryu! I take Kasumi because she reminds me my little sister.That is the real story why I take these two characters ! I wrote this with my heart man and thank you that you made this thread.
Nameless :hayabusa:

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD