How Do You Deal With Anger?

BlankOctober

Standard Donor
So it's no secret to anyone that knows me that I have a real anger issue. It's so bad that at the sight of anything wrong with anything out there, specifically our game, DOA5U, I tend to blow up and lash out at anybody near me. This is something that I feel that I need to work on so I can really advance as a player.

So help me FSD...

What are some ways that you deal with any kind of anger that you would have against DOA, or anything else in general.

Until I can find a way to get rid of this inside of me, I'll never be where I should be.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Use this motivation. It's the best cure.

10296821_822699811090795_8965301831633312046_n.jpg

Devilreaper

no need to pay some leech for something that can be solved on your own, dig deep, meditate... if you persistantly work towards a solution you will always come to a conclusion better than what anyone else can provide. with that being said you probably just jave to change your mentality when playing the game. everyone wants to win but recognize that every situation can be utilized in some way to your advantage, the key word is positivity...with such mentality defeat is impossible..

Brute

Standard Donor
no need to pay some leech for something that can be solved on your own, dig deep, meditate... if you persistantly work towards a solution you will always come to a conclusion better than what anyone else can provide. with that being said you probably just jave to change your mentality when playing the game. everyone wants to win but recognize that every situation can be utilized in some way to your advantage, the key word is positivity...with such mentality defeat is impossible..
That doesn't work for everyone. I have incredibly high mental endurance and am able to cope with things on my own exceptionally well. But others aren't so fortunate. For example, a chemical imbalance cause cause a variety of behavior-related issues, and it can be appropriately re-balanced with medication in certain circumstances.

Chapstick

When it comes to DOA I flip off my TV really hard or if no one's home I yell. I'm very careful not to show anger in the text box online and I don't have a mic so no one can tell how upset I am. :p Salty is not a good look playing games

B complex vitamins help your mood, I'm bipolar and they complement my anti-psychotic meds very well when I actually remember to take the vitamins.

JusTheBest29

For me, I usually go into training while listening to certain music that gets me hyped up(like the OST from DBZ BT games) and release all of my anger on the characters I despise.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
I pick Gen Fu. But seriously, just don't take things seriously. If you lose, then just look over the replay and see why you lost so you're better prepared for next time.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Turn the game off when you aren't having fun. I constantly play games beyond me skill level and I've yet to break a controller because I've never let it get close to that point. Think of it as a pre-rage quit

Last edited:

jjinkou2

Fighting games, or War games are known to generate frustration. Frustration threshold is personnal and tend to vary with people.

General advice is "When there is no fun anymore in doing something, just keep away from it".

i never get angry on this game because i spend only a few of my time on it. So i had never reach the frustation threshold.

So the best advice would be to avoid those games. Since it could be difficult to do at once, a good advice should be to lower the time you play on those games and spend more time doing something more usefull for you or for your family

If i had spent the same amount of time in learning my accordion, i could have done live concerts by now. (same for maths...)

BlankOctober

Standard Donor
No.

Bottling up your anger is the best thing to do.

That would only lead to a massive blow up that could cause damage to something, or someone, even yourself. Thanks for for the advice guys. It's cool to see that everyone isn't just trolling me about this, as I need to think of a way to control myself. I might need professional help (though it's never worked in the past), but I'll see if I can work on this myself first.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD