"How was my fighting, wanna go again?" The Dead or Alive 6 Hitomi thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Hi. Hitomi main here.

I'm enjoying Hitomi in this beta and trying to re-learn her since I don't play since DOA5U.

I can perfectly be wrong but overall my experience with her in this beta is she still can deal great damage, she has a powerful corner play and thanks to the new property in 8H+K she can try some new mixups but I think now she's a bit more unsafe in pressure and i'm having a hard time trying adapting to this. Having less advantage in pressure and having even more disadvantage in some moves is something I wasn't expecting.

Raansu

Hi. Hitomi main here.

I'm enjoying Hitomi in this beta and trying to re-learn her since I don't play since DOA5U.

I can perfectly be wrong but overall my experience with her in this beta is she still can deal great damage, she has a powerful corner play and thanks to the new property in 8H+K she can try some new mixups but I think now she's a bit more unsafe in pressure and i'm having a hard time trying adapting to this. Having less advantage in pressure and having even more disadvantage in some moves is something I wasn't expecting.

She's definitely more unsafe in this build. Don't imagine much will change in the final build though. They also took a ton of stuff away from her, which is sad as she didn't have much to begin with.

SilverForte

So whats mainly different about hitomi compared to 5? I notice she has a couple new moves and her 6p is 12f now? Her sweeps always being plus on hit now is nice too.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

She's definitely more unsafe in this build. Don't imagine much will change in the final build though. They also took a ton of stuff away from her, which is sad as she didn't have much to begin with.

I wonder how negatively this will affect her because sometimes I feel you have to play more defensively than back in DOA5 and I think this isn't a good sign.

But well, I guess it's still way to soon to know how strong she will be.

Raansu

I wonder how negatively this will affect her because sometimes I feel you have to play more defensively than back in DOA5 and I think this isn't a good sign.

But well, I guess it's still way to soon to know how strong she will be.

She's always been a defensive character though. Her strong points are whiff punishment due to her good range, though I feel like 66k hitbox got changed. Its getting interrupted a lot for me in doa6.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

She's always been a defensive character though. Her strong points are whiff punishment due to her good range, though I feel like 66k hitbox got changed. Its getting interrupted a lot for me in doa6.

Yeah, definitely her 66k is different now, too many counters trying to approach with it ...

BXRXSXTX

For what its worth we saw her strengths and weaknesses at winter brawl yesterday. Master commented several times that you should be aggressive with her when someone was trying to block and space.

UpSideDownGRUNT

I think the problem is a lot of Hitomi players in 6 probably come from Ein or from old Hitomi where she had the tools to play like that lol.

I know as an Ein main I have a habit spacing with anyone I play.

Raansu

For what its worth we saw her strengths and weaknesses at winter brawl yesterday. Master commented several times that you should be aggressive with her when someone was trying to block and space.

Hitomi is super unsafe on practically everything. Being aggressive with her is a dumb idea.

Raansu

So I'm convinced TN just doesn't know what to do with Hitomi. A new DoA and yet again, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm yearning for her DoA4 setups. It just blows my mind that in an inferior game she somehow had the best utility. It was all 50/50's but the options were overall way better and in DoA6 she lost even more than from what she lost in DoA5.

In DoA4 she had a frame trap setup off her parry thanks to her having an offensive hold.

7p+k (which I think is gone in doa6. It washer PB startup animation in 5) guard break didn't need to be charged and gave an unblockable 7p

6T on hi-counter throw was +15 allowing fo unblockable 66p, 46p etc...

Her low sweeps actually tripped, not the weak ass stagger she has now.

She lost all of this in DoA5 with only gaining 46k that was stance dependent and then they make the kick unsafe and removed it from her side step.
In DoA6 that kick no longer guarantees anything

7k is worthless

2p is now +0 instead of +1 and I'm kinda miffed about that, but at least 6p is 12i now so I guess they just didn't want her basically having an 11i mid which is understandable I suppose.

Her 4kk I understand they changed to avoid her being able to go into 214kpp from 4kk. That would have been pretty insane damage potential. (edit: To hell with that. After watching some characters getting full on juggles into a bound, give me the 4kk relauncher back.)

6h+k doesn't cause an unholdable stun on a back turned opponent anymore.

Sure her DoA4 options were all 50/50's in which they were unblockable but still holdable, but damn at this point I'd take those options to even be able to open someone up over the completely limited nonsense she has right now, ESPECIALLY given the absolutely overtuned SS attacks we have now and how easy it is to avoid Hitomi as the majority of her strings start out incredibly linear. I'm yet again begging for the very least to give her +15 on hi counter throw of 6T....Seriously, heaven forbid she gets a single hit guaranteed off that throw. Same for her low kick hold. She gets zero follow ups on something that puts the opponent in a back turn. Would be nice if she could get something off her punch parry as well, but whatever.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD