I Am The Shadow... The True Self... [General Discussion]

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
Lmao, just saw that I was wrong about 3P. No teleport on block here, it just looked like it worked on the stream because Wah had not set the AI to guard all in this moment. Was a bit confusing. Nvm me then, how Chapstick said and confirmed by the changelog, only 66K allows teleport on block.

Zero Beat

Lmao, just saw that I was wrong about 3P. No teleport on block here, it just looked like it worked on the stream because Wah had not set the AI to guard all in this moment. Was a bit confusing. Nvm me then, how Chapstick said and confirmed by the changelog, only 66K allows teleport on block.
Aww... Still, that's better than only 66P.

ninjaguy446

So, now that the game is out, we can finally test her buffs out!

66K Tenfu on block will give you from +1 ~ +4. The faster you do the teleport the more advantage you get. Against Kasumi's P, I believe that +3 and +4 will beat her out if you do Tenfu P. So I'm just gonna assume that you're getting +4 with what I'm about to say. Also, all tested on Kasumi and Hayabusa.

Tenfu P - beats out P, 3P, and 2P (so everything)
Tenfu K - jumps over P (i9 P ONLY) and 2P loses to P (i10 AND ABOVE) and 3P

Doing nothing will be interrupted. I'd do Tenfu P to start her stun game and I'd do Tenfu K to get guaranteed damage with the combo Tenfu K Chifu K Tenfu K Chifu P. Don't forget that instead of attacking they can hold or block. Use empty teleport into 46T or 236T to keep them on their toes.

46T looks like Kasumi's 46T except she teleports when she grabs their arm and comes back to hit them in the gut. It gives her +10 but you can't connect P because of the pushback. At the wall, P gets blocked even though it's i9.

Saber

Still fuzzy guard-able. Sigh.

Does Tenku T track? It better because at least you can condition your opponent to not SS after a blocked 66K.

ninjaguy446

Still fuzzy guard-able. Sigh.

Does Tenku T track? It better because at least you can condition your opponent to not SS after a blocked 66K.
Ingame, it says that Tenfu T does not track; however, I tested it out and it does track to Phase 4's right. They can sidestep to her left and get out of it though.

synce

New P4 is delicious

Edit:
Wow today I saw more P4's than in my history of playing this game. lol A little bit of buffing can do a lot for a character's popularity it seems

Last edited:

Zero Beat

She's much better now, and they even let her keep the 9P+K after 66P and 7K Chifu cancels even though it doesn't really help much. Hell, my only complaint is her reindeer outfit isn't fixed on the 360. Can't comment on the Xbox One version yet though. The DLC on that one is messed up (nothing's free even though it should be for me) and it'll take me a while to get through that. Anyway, time to figure out some new stuff that she can do.

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
TN changed the properties of her chifu K after 66PP on block. Now, the opponent cannot stop all of her actions with a low punch because chifu K will beat it out. I guess it was not intended how it was in Ultimate.

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
On a side note:

Her disadvantage from 6K on block is sometimes -13 and sometimes -14. This is not stance depended.
Same for Kasumi's btw.

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
Not sure if this is a well know fact but if you hit the opponent with 66K tenfu K close to a wall that it causes a wall slam, you can 'pick' him up with KKK to slam him again. This does not work in open space (the wall will prevent them from rolling away), works up to heavyweights even on normal hit and deals more damage as the generic 66K tenfu K chifu P.

However, it only starts being useful when it comes to mid- and heavyweights because on Alpha and Lightweights, 33P 2P 6PK will deal more damage as ender.

Chapstick

Some small juggles from 9PK when it's not being used in a juggle as higher damaging replacements for chifu P (36dmg) or chifu K (41dmg). So after using it to crush a low wake up kick or something. Ayane's juggles are for superlight to welter and Hayate's juggles are for mid to heavy.

EDIT- up against a wall on heavies replace 4K~chi~K with KKK, it does 5 more dmg

Tempest

On a side note:

Her disadvantage from 6K on block is sometimes -13 and sometimes -14. This is not stance depended.
Same for Kasumi's btw.
The disadvantage on block will vary on range as that changes what active frame connects. You can actually get it as low as -11 (which would allow you to low hold a i12p that would normally be guaranteed). It's pretty hard to do in training, and the chances of it coming up in a real match are low, but I wanted to point out that it isn't random and you could potentially take advantage of it.

Something you can take advantage of is that tenfu P has 4 active frames, so a properly spaced one can be put all the way down to -6, which makes it technically safe as it's only neutral throw punishable.

Last edited:

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor

I'd actually like to use these enders more after 66K chifu K, just for the variety. Thing is that chifu K is inconsistent close to a wall, it happened quite often that it just whiffs because the opponent is slightly drifting away after getting hit . I can't figure out any reason or rule for that, you can land it hundred times in the training mode and it will still miss two times a row in a real match. It might have to do with how the camera acts, since it's not really a glitch like these 3P+K P side switches.

synce

They still haven't patched out the side switch glitch eh... is it random or can you consistently time it? I didn't play around with it too much

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
I don't think you can get that on purpose. This glitch usually happens if Phase is doing the crouching slide in the exact same moment where the other character is doing a move that has a relatively high hitbox (and therefore gets avoided) and moves him forward at the same time. Since both characters are moving forward while performing kind of an attack, there seem to be no collision detection.

So to take advantage out of that, you would have to know which moves would fit this and you would need to have a crazy good timing on your 3P+K input.

Chapstick

Might be kind of fun to think of moves she might get in DOA6 from Alpha if Alpha gets cut from the game. So far I've thought of

-Alpha's 6PPP, possibly a variant like 6PPK with the K being the 3-in-1 kicks of Phase's PPK. Could make the starting input 4P and change her current 4P to 44P. Could ALSO tack these onto PP like PP4PPP and PP4PPK
-Alpha's 33KK. Keep the second K a GB that lets Phase 4 go into chifu even on block. Could make the input 3H+KK or something.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD