"I Got No Time For You!" The General Jacky Discussion Thread

WINBACK

Stupid shit vs Rachel:

As you may already know, after Rachel does her Reverse Flank OH (66T or PPT), she gets a guaranteed 6T back throw unless you attack, because you cannot crouch or dash out of it.
Now here's the stupid part: Jacky takes Hi-Counter damage because of Pak Sao even if he holds the Guard button. So for him, it's either attack or eat a 97 damage throw. Gay.

Last edited:

Nuke-Nin

Dat Sabaki turned out to be a real bitch noted WINBACK and wixtick, however they went back to the lab and tried different solutions to counter-act it--Said no one ever. --Maybe me...--

Rubedood

Haven't seen anything about this here, but I found out that you can combo off his 46T if the opponent's back is against the wall. They'll bounce of the wall, and you can do :6_::K::5::h:, :P+K::P:, :1::P+K::P::P: after. Works on everyone except the heavyweights, in which you just take out the first part.

KidArk

Haven't seen anything about this here, but I found out that you can combo off his 46T if the opponent's back is against the wall. They'll bounce of the wall, and you can do :6_::K::5::h:, :P+K::P:, :1::P+K::P::P: after. Works on everyone except the heavyweights, in which you just take out the first part.

I think it's in the combo thread, uhh Codemaster posted something similar, nice regardless though O:

Drake Aldan

Is it me, or does Jacky have no range?

I'm getting ready to post the spacing topic and it seems to me like Jacky's supposed to be in your face at all times, no exceptions. I am thinking that this is a side effect of being taken from VF where the arenas can be much smaller...

I feel uncomfortable at range. I've been using 4H+K for keepout, but it's a bit slow. 66H+K has the longest range but it's a bit obvious, tickles on NH, and requires that double input so you have to "plan" for it...

On the other hand, having an i12 mid kick is nuts. And his backdash is crazy, too (too bad he can't do anything with the whiff when he gets it ._.)

Dave

Is it me, or does Jacky have no range?

I'm getting ready to post the spacing topic and it seems to me like Jacky's supposed to be in your face at all times, no exceptions. I am thinking that this is a side effect of being taken from VF where the arenas can be much smaller...

I feel uncomfortable at range. I've been using 4H+K for keepout, but it's a bit slow. 66H+K has the longest range but it's a bit obvious, tickles on NH, and requires that double input so you have to "plan" for it...

On the other hand, having an i12 mid kick is nuts. And his backdash is crazy, too (too bad he can't do anything with the whiff when he gets it ._.)

He is a pressure based character, much like Sarah. Sarah is terrible at long range.

Drake Aldan

After playing a little while, Jacky seems like an easy character to play as. Or, rather, Jacky is as hard as you want him to be.

I could deal without my 46T inputs being read as 6T but whatever. That could be me, or the lag, or my controller, or ._.

4H+K actually works pretty well as a stop kick (when timed - and used - properly anyway) and the best part is you get a full combo even on heavies. Not bad at all!

Neutral parry saves my life inadvertently- I know you're not supposed to use it that way (or are you?) but, man is it like a lifeline sometimes...

Spam 3KP2KK and call it a day.

Drake Aldan

Here are the most delayable strings according to Followup Interval:

6P 31F
1P+K 33F
1P+KP 35F
3PP 35F (only for Shuffle)
1P 40F
H+K 45F (only for Shuffle)

Doesn't seem like you can really play any delay games (maybe with 1P). Though, the roundhouse (even in strings) seems to have a relatively large delay window for going into Slide Shuffle.

Drake Aldan

Jacky doesn't seem to have a really scary low (ignoring 3KP2KK for now, which I realize wallsplats! Woo damage!).
They all just kind of tickle on NH, including 1H+K... I guess you just have to risk throwing blocking opponents.

It really hurts being Hi-Counter thrown from behind. :(

KidArk

Jacky doesn't seem to have a really scary low (ignoring 3KP2KK for now, which I realize wallsplats! Woo damage!).
They all just kind of tickle on NH, including 1H+K... I guess you just have to risk throwing blocking opponents.

It really hurts being Hi-Counter thrown from behind. :(

Uhh...
Stun on NH
:3::K::P::2::K:
:6::P::P::2::K:
:4::P::2::K:
:4::4::P::2::K:
:4::4::P+K: :2::K:
:1::H+K:

Stun on CH
:1::K:
:2::K:
:2::P:
:1::P: (amazing low the stun leads straight into CB for example :4::P::2::K: :4::P::1::P: :6::6::H+K:
:4::4::P::2::P:
:1::H+K::1::H+K: IT FORCE TECHS + 14!!!

I think that's all at least all the lows I used but Jacky has AMAZING lows, your perception of scary lows are off sir xD. If his lows did any more damage while also granting him + frames he'd be able to beat 90% of the cast by just using lows. The lows are to open people up nothing more, I don't think anyone has a low that does more than tickle, unless it grants a knockdown, Jacky's grant pressure, he can't have +15 and do 50 damage because then.... man -mind blown-

Drake Aldan

I guess you just use them over and over again, then?

I fought this guy and he just wouldn't budge sometimes (i.e. on his terms). Normally people react right away with stuff like 6PP2K but he went right on back to guarding, I had to run up and 46T/66T him to get him to move.

KidArk

People
I guess you just use them over and over again, then?

I fought this guy and he just wouldn't budge sometimes (i.e. on his terms). Normally people react right away with stuff like 6PP2K but he went right on back to guarding, I had to run up and 46T/66T him to get him to move.

What do you mean, I'm not sure I understand your situation with that Jacky player, I can show you my Jacky though? I use them to open people up in standing guard, the stun is ddeep enough to get a lot of different moves to stun the opponent which leads to a lot of damage.

Last edited:

KidArk

OK, sure.

I'm still getting used to poking with P. I guess I should check the frames on that low...

You CAN poke with P but his best pokes for me are
6P
2H+K
6H+K (Max Range Poke)
44P (fastest move + mixup potention + frame trap )
4P 2P decent speed, tracks and the low stuns on NH basically after a few YOU:hit block HIM: Hit Block, just throw this out and start a combo the opponent will think it's his turn to attack and you'll have already started a CB combo.

Again Idk anyone with better lows except for like Leon and even if they have 1 low better than Jacky , he still just has so many good lows!

Drake Aldan

2H+K seems to be Jacky's best asset. Making people hold mid kick really throws 'em for a loop.

It's best to be conservative and just fire off two or three but it's so satisfying to finish it.

KidArk

2H+K seems to be Jacky's best asset. Making people hold mid kick really throws 'em for a loop.

It's best to be conservative and just fire off two or three but it's so satisfying to finish it.

2 or 3 +18 - +19 respectively , and it has decent follow ups to CB set ups, it is his best Mid K

KidArk

Silly Jacky Vs Momiji nonsense.
Anytime Momiji is flying above your head and you can attack , just use 4H+K it stops all off her options and you can just juggle her Stops the power blow, the high jump kick , the fire guard break.

MeanMrMustard

Also if Momiji does 6pkk fuzzy guard and you will duck the throw and the high, and block the mid. If you block the mid punish accordingly, and if you duck the high/throw or if she doesn't do anything you have the advantage. I believe you might be able to low throw but that would be very difficult.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD