"I Got No Time For You!" The General Jacky Discussion Thread

Nereus

Standard Donor
I was wondering if u could give me some CB set ups for him. And are there any guarenteed CB set ups?

Little to no characters have guaranteed CB setups... but if your opponent can't SE fast enough, :2::P+K: into his CB (:6::6::H+K:) works like a charm. :6::P+K: into :6::6::H+K: is guaranteed if they don't counter. Can't SE it, has wayy too much stun. I also advise you to look at the :4::4::K: tech i posted awhile back in this forum.

RyuxSama

Little to no characters have guaranteed CB setups... but if your opponent can't SE fast enough, :2::P+K: into his CB (:6::6::H+K:) works like a charm. :6::P+K: into :6::6::H+K: is guaranteed if they don't counter. Can't SE it, has wayy too much stun. I also advise you to look at the :4::4::K: tech i posted awhile back in this forum.
Awesome, i will certainly try these! #YEEAAAAAH ARMY

Nereus

Standard Donor
-P,P,4P,K string is fine, its the same from VF5, if you block the 4P, the K is not duckable
-Lightning Kicks are fine, those Kicks are not meant for poking or Combo Finishers

My suggestions:

-Frame Adjusting, Jacky seems to be rushed/poorly converted from VF, Akira/Sarah/Pai :2::P: is +1 on Hit, why not Jackys, Beat Knuckle - on Hit etc.

-Overall Damage buff, some moves like:1::P: or :2::P: deal pathetic damage, other moves like BT :K: or :3::H+K: send the opponent miles away, with no chance of OKI, but damage is very low.

-Pak Sao, Jacky should have +Advantage

-Slide Shuffle Command should be changed, :4::4: is way too complicated

- for the love of god, give him those "Swoooosh" Soundeffects back

-"Northern Light Bomb" low kick Hold, WTF, damage is low, AND attack knocks Jacky down too

-Buff Fire Darts, they seem to have no priority at all, its a violent jumping kick after all, but gets interrupted all day by all sort of attacks, AND - on Block too

Do something with those useless Moves:
-BT:K:

-Beat Knuckle, negative on hit, follow ups are both high,

-66K, spins the opponent, but easily slow escapable, pushes too far away, so no pressure

Jacky pretty much has the same problem from VF5, Standing Guard beats all of Jackys options, Low Guard beats all of Jackys BT options. His lows are weak, nothing new, but now he additionaly got a low damage output, crappy range for whiff punishing and completely absent WakeUp.

Ok im REALLY late on this lol.. but i think you meant 44K, not 66K. 44K Guarantees him a wall-splat near the wall regardless of whether or not the opponent slow-escapes. Not only that, but if your opponent DOES slow-escape, you can do BT'd 2K after 44K and the follow-up after BT'd 2K isn't guaranteed (Can Counter after it) it still allows you to combo afterwards if you guess right. If they don't counter, guarantee 6P followup or 3K followup. If they do, you have 6P,3K, and his 46T to work with.

Kurt

Go ahead Team Ninja, knock yourself out:rolleyes:

Honestly, I dont expect much from the patch, fix Jackys "unblockables" and give him his Swoooosh-soundeffects back.

Damage buff is nice, but nerfing :6::P: really sux, its Jackys signature move.

Many of Jackys attacks cause Knockdown, but I always feel at disatvantage, his beautiful Wakeup game from Virtua Fighter, extending the combo and dealing twice the damage if someone doesnt tech, simply doesnt work in this game.

Nereus

Standard Donor
Go ahead Team Ninja, knock yourself out:rolleyes:

Honestly, I dont expect much from the patch, fix Jackys "unblockables" and give him his Swoooosh-soundeffects back.

Damage buff is nice, but nerfing :6::P: really sux, its Jackys signature move.

Many of Jackys attacks cause Knockdown, but I always feel at disatvantage, his beautiful Wakeup game from Virtua Fighter, extending the combo and dealing twice the damage if someone doesnt tech, simply doesnt work in this game.

its because the tech game is complete shit unless your Rig, Zack, Helena or Gen Fu. The tech game is this is terrible. For some odd reason, it seems like there's invulnerability frames when someone gets up so you can lay on the ground, then tech up and the opponent can't really do much, especially Jacky.

ScattereDreams

6P will be -7 now...ugh...that's a guaranteed throw now.

Such a minor nerf. He's still safe as shit and his damage has been beefed up on P+KP which is used in some of his B&B combo's. You'll live with 6P being -7... and that's only if you pause the string. He still gets a 50/50 from the string =/

Nereus

Standard Donor
Such a minor nerf. He's still safe as shit and his damage has been beefed up on P+KP which is used in some of his B&B combo's. You'll live with 6P being -7... and that's only if you pause the string. He still gets a 50/50 from the string =/

His damage has been nerfed.. not buffed. On the 360 version those strings end at 30+... and people seem to forget that you can fuzzy block :/

KidArk

His damage has been nerfed.. not buffed. On the 360 version those strings end at 30+... and people seem to forget that you can fuzzy block :/

I don't understand why you feel its a nerf the string ends at 30+ on ps3 too , the patch notes buffed each hit by a little bit of damage
1P+K: Damage increased from you 16 to 18
1P+KP: Damage increased from 13 to 16.
1P+KPP: Damage increased from 20 to 23.
1P+KPK: Damage increased from 23 to 26.
1P+KK: Damage increase from 22 to 24.

Hence 1P+KPP 18+16+23 = 57
1P+KPK 18+16+26 = 60 in 1.04 so it's a buff all the damage values they have listed for how much each hit in the string does currently is accurate you can check for yourself this is a buff... hardly but a buff of 10 ish damage none the less.

Nereus

Standard Donor
I don't understand why you feel its a nerf the string ends at 30+ on ps3 too , the patch notes buffed each hit by a little bit of damage
1P+K: Damage increased from you 16 to 18
1P+KP: Damage increased from 13 to 16.
1P+KPP: Damage increased from 20 to 23.
1P+KPK: Damage increased from 23 to 26.
1P+KK: Damage increase from 22 to 24.

Hence 1P+KPP 18+16+23 = 57
1P+KPK 18+16+26 = 60 in 1.04 so it's a buff all the damage values they have listed for how much each hit in the string does currently is accurate you can check for yourself this is a buff... hardly but a buff of 10 ish damage none the less.
ah i see now... wish you'd explain that sooner though :/ I was so confused because the notes wasn't talking about the individual hits lolol

Last edited:

Gurimmjaw

Man I need serious help with Jacky. Im struggling trying to apply pressure with him not sure what I should be doing.
Wish there was a Jacky guide or something. I usually try to use 6PPK for pressure but does not work that good :(

KidArk

Man I need serious help with Jacky. Im struggling trying to apply pressure with him not sure what I should be doing.
Wish there was a Jacky guide or something. I usually try to use 6PPK for pressure but does not work that good :(

Add me I can show you a few things I guess

quash

Hi. I played VF5 Jacky and just played DOA5 for the first time yesterday.

This version of Jacky is incredible, lol. Just about everything is safe, leads to stagger, and all your strings are super delayable. That and the counters that don't score knockdown give you perfect spacing for 3K string or crouch dash mixup.

I make shit up as I go along and give most players here in Japan a run for their money... I like.

Nereus

Standard Donor
Hi. I played VF5 Jacky and just played DOA5 for the first time yesterday.

This version of Jacky is incredible, lol. Just about everything is safe, leads to stagger, and all your strings are super delayable. That and the counters that don't score knockdown give you perfect spacing for 3K string or crouch dash mixup.

I make shit up as I go along and give most players here in Japan a run for their money... I like.

Thats great to hear man. Click on the earlier posts on this forum... i have a :4::4::K: setup near the wall that guarantees him a wall splat for some damage. Use this setup, its godlike lol. Also, check out the Jacky combo threads.

WINBACK

New patch is out.
http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/ultimate/us/information/info_20140204.html

Lots of his combos that use the 1P+K series got damage boosts between 3 to 6 points. Speaking of combos, you'll want to use 6K to launch instead of 23P if you want more damage, but you'll have to get used to the height difference.

You can tell that Slide Shuffle P is quicker.

So far I haven't found any weird "Hi-Counter when still holding Guard" situations with Pak Sao, so they may have actually fixed it.

Having less block-stun on his 6P and 4P series definitely hurts his old '6P into unduckable P' and '4P into unblockable 2K' block-pressure game. But there are still weird instances where the 2nd hit of 6P,P or 4P,K will hit if the opponent blocks the 1st hit and then tries to crouch under the 2nd hit using '2H' or '1' but doesn't do it fast enough (and obviously they would want to crouch out of fear of 4P,2P or 4P,2K or just wanting to avoid 6P,P pressure completely). And now the 2nd part of 4P,P will hit if the opponent tries to crouch under it no matter how fast they do it. That means they'll get hit if they go to block low thinking you're going to do 4P,2P or 4P,2K.
Lastly, all of these High follow-ups can be easily tech-crouched with any attack the puts the opponent immediately in Crouch status (like a 2P). All they have to do is input the move after blocking the first hit, and the timing is lenient.

The last two hits of P,P,6P,P appear to be untouched; they were not changed the same way 6P,P was. (***credit goes to Kurt for noticing this)

P,P,4P,K seems to be the same on block, which is good: if they block the third hit (4P) then they're jailed into blocking the K and then you get frame advantage, just like in Virtua Fighter.

I'll post up more some other time.

Last edited:

Nereus

Standard Donor
New patch is out.

Lots of his combos that use the 1P+K series got damage boosts between 3 to 6 points. Speaking of combos, you'll want to use 6K to launch instead of 23P if you want more damage, but you'll have to get used to the height difference.
You can tell that Slide Shuffle P is quicker.
And so far I haven't found any weird "Hi-Counter when still holding Guard" situations with Pak Sao, so they may have actually fixed it.

However, having less block-stun on his 6P and 4P series definitely hurts his old '6P into unduckable P' and '4P into unblockable 2K' block-pressure game. But there are still weird instances where the 2nd hit of 6P,P or 4P,K will hit if the opponent tries to crouch under the 2nd hit using 2H or 1P but doesn't do it fast enough (and obviously they would want to crouch out of fear of 4P,2P or 4P,2K). And now 4P,P will hit if the opponent if the opponent tries to crouch under the 2nd part.

P,P,4P,K seems to be the same, which is good: if they block the 4P then they're jailed into blocking the K, just like in Virtua Fighter.

I'll post up more some other time.

I've been messing with the update since last night, yea his 6PP pressure hurts him alot now. Although he can get 125 dmg off of a PL combo (raw) = 7H+K, Dash, 6KH, 6KH, 6KH, 6KH, 4H+K, 4H+K, 7K. His damage now is ridiculous lol but its a bit harder to pressure now. I like his Slide Shuffle P buff. Now characters like Kasumi can't Jab out of it anymore. She can still crush it though.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD