DOA5U "I have no choice, but to fight!" Kasumi's Gameplay DOA5U discussion

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I checked it myself with the AI. Maybe the player isn't slow escaping it fast enough. Then I've gotten word of it through Allan that it wasn't last time that I played him. So it could be a misunderstanding. I checked it with Monstar & I couldn't get out of it either. Even checked 4PK to make sure it's 100% & it is. Checked this numerous times before even through patches & couldn't so I thought it was guaranteed as well. I also had scenarios offline in my FT5 set with Dallaz where I used 9K & just got a knockdown. So who knows? It could be a specific way to shake it.

Tenryuga

What JDE is talking about happens around 15:40. You can see Dallaz clearly turn around and get knocked down. Maybe you all can get to the bottom of it.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Ok this is my fault. I probably misunderstood when I was discussing & trading notes. This was one of the 1st setups that was found when 5U hit. My mind is playing tricks on me. xD So my apologizes. Plus, I haven't really felt well at all since going to the Health Dept. getting my 2 shots today (A Hep & Tech shot). My whole body is aching. So forgive me.

Also, for the record, (Chapstick) the monitors were laggy during the tournament. It was set on 1080 on the ASUS monitor & when playing in the top 8, the TO set it down to 720 for better gameplay. So that could have been the reasons why I dropped the setups. Either way, those were the 1st 2 setups found in 5U.

Last edited:

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Note to Kasumi players; 1P > 6P or 4P on neutral hit is NOT a thing. 1P puts you at -9, this is NOT a frame trap or some kind of counter hit set up. It only works online because of latency. This is considered an online tactic whether you want to accept it or not (especially in 1-bar connections).

Allan Paris

@RenderingStar
SweetRevenge barely SE the stagger stun if at all. Which is why you landed that from open stance. You can land all types of attacks if players are going to slack on SE'ing the stun.

I don't know the full extent of the discussion but 6P6K is not consistent from the stagger stun. I am sure you all know it is stance dependent. As a player you can also SE the stun to the point where the AI cannot. Which is why some players are able to take a minimal launch height from 9K after the stun, but the AI will take the BT bounce from 9K all day long. If you are even a little late with 9K you will get a knock down from it.

Honestly nothing is consistent after the H+K stagger stun, at times 4PK will miss. Though it is rare when that happens or it depends on where you are when you land H+K that will cause it to miss. You can work with the stun so that you can get what you want but you will have to fall back on using it and work the other areas of her offense so that players can't react and SE fast enough when you do decide to use it.

@iHajinShinobi
That should be aimed toward the player who did this to you, like in a PM, or the game. I can only imagine how the rest of the fight went if that was one of the setups. At the end of the day, you can educate about online but the fact of the matter is; if a player plays a game and online is where they compete then all is golden. Offline matters nothing to them. So your advice will be ignored and lessons will be learned the hard way once a player does decide to play offline. When it comes to experience you have to let it take its course with players...... Even though it may irritate the fuck out of you.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I always lend constructive advice to players that ask me after a bout, and it's what I told him. However, you should know by now that I speak my mind, for as long as you've actually known me. And sorry but fraud play is not golden (not calling anyone a fraud, just what's allowed in latency so often is just..ugh. So I try to humbly enlighten those I play about it and they acknowledge it). Advice is only ignored if someone chooses not to adhere to it, and I'm hardly ever ignored.

Anyway, it was a just formal post, really lol.

Allan Paris

I always lend constructive advice to players that ask me after a bout, and it's what I told him. However, you should know by now that I speak my mind, for as long as you've actually known me. And sorry but fraud play is not golden (not calling anyone a fraud, just what's allowed in latency so often is just..ugh. So I try to humbly enlighten those I play about it and they acknowledge it). Advice is only ignored if someone chooses not to adhere to it, and I'm hardly ever ignored.

Anyway, it was a just formal post, really lol.
You completely missed what I was getting at :(, but ok.

@RenderingStar
No problem, man.

KwonJigglypuff

What is Kasumi's new 46T for ? Is there a strategy with that new throw ? Sorry if it has been asked before, first time on this thread. :)

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
What is Kasumi's new 46T for ? Is there a strategy with that new throw ? Sorry if it has been asked before, first time on this thread. :)
It's a throw that gives her more mixup & pressure potential. It's often used as a response to people who like to block when you use her P strings (free canceling). It gives her +10 once you land it.

Has anyone been exploring unholdable tech?

Chapstick

Forgive me for the stupid question but I've been seeing a lot of unholdable talk and I'm curious exactly what it means. When you're at enough advantage in an unholdable stun to guarantee an attack?

Nuke-Nin

It's a throw that gives her more mixup & pressure potential. It's often used as a response to people who like to block when you use her P strings (free canceling). It gives her +10 once you land it.

I use it like this:
:4::6::H+P: :1::K: :3::3::H+P: (note this is usually HCT) since the 1K is normally on normal hit and at a distance it'll put them into a sitdown stun and people like to counter out of it xD

Chapstick

I don't want to make a brand new thread for this considering it's technically last round but it seems Kasumi's 66PP stun changed.
I don't know if anyone else noticed, but the stun for Kasumi's 66PP is different. Instead of turning the opponent around, it's the stun where they hold their forehead.
@http://youtu.be/4WVSgthvG0A?t=5m34s

Edit: Sorry if this was pointed out before. I skimmed through this thread :p

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD