DOA5U "I have no choice, but to fight!" Kasumi's Gameplay DOA5U discussion

UprisingJC

Oh god Kasumi is nerfed like hell. Where are her guaranteed options? I mean her 66T~4PK~44P~7K~PKK9KP+K for example..
Also, where is the turnaround H+K? Another guaranteed thing thats been deleted.

Still need to get used to the DOA5U Kasumi, but all I can say is that I dont like her that much as in DOA5. But I really like Momiji

Hmm? H+K -> 6K still works.

PMS_Akali

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Premium Donor
Sounds like lots of nerfs overall. Why do they hate Kasumi so much? Did she win a bunch of tournaments we magically didn't hear about? At her best, she wasn't even top tier. I don't want to jump the gun because I don't actually have DOA5U yet, but she's been my main since the beginning of 4. And we have plenty of Kasumi pros putting this stuff out there.

Chapstick

Not sure if it was mentioned here yet (if it was I'll just delete this) but her back handspring isn't endless anymore, you can only do it twice in a row now before having to input 7P+K7 again.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
That's why I listed the options up above. I mentioned that yesterday, too that it was shakable.

KasumiMugen

Don't you need to be in Stun so that H+K turns you around? In DOA% it turned you always around with guaranteed 6K follow up. Now you have to be in Stun to turn around and 6K isn't guaranteed anymore. Thats a big nerf for me, same with 66T follow ups.

KasumiMugen

Dont know, but after 66T~4PK, 44P doesnt connect anymore because they're already facing you. It's a shame because this was a pretty basic Kasumi Combo

Also, the ground bounce out of 66K(K on hit) sucks. This was such a great CB/T setup, now its gone

PMS_Akali

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Premium Donor
This might have already been explained so forgive me, but what if you use 66P after H+K? Does it still stun them at least?

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
This might have already been explained so forgive me, but what if you use 66P after H+K? Does it still stun them at least?
No. It can be slow escaped.

Allan mentioned in his previous post that most of her DOA5 juggles works better than some of her newer ones. The KK7K 6P+K 9PK 6P+K KK is good on 1H for example, but on 236T, 46H KK7K 6P+K K PP6P6K is still the better juggle. For heavyweights, 6K KK7K 6P+K KK is the best juggle. KK7K 6P+K PPKK is good on the lighter characters.

Her PL combos are good. I'll list some that I found later in a different post.

All of the characters except for the newer ones or the ones that came back got some of their best tools taken away.

SchwarzPhy

To anyone who has some time to test setups: I'm thinking that after a stun/counter H+K 8K might be the best launcher. I got PP7K 6P+K KK after the launch.

Example setup playing with fastest SE: 6P+K H+K 8K PP7K 6P+K KK

EDIT: Stance specific

EDIT2: nevermind 6P6K might be a better option after H+K, you get a PKK7K 6P+K KK after the bounce

Last edited:

Princess Kasumi

Okay, today i was in a lobby, this player had 3bars, it was hard to block kasumi's 6pk2k even if i saw it, i was unable to do it, still netcode suck ass.

anway, this player really love abusing 1pp like if it was a safe move to threw out randomly, this player has defeated other people in the lobby, i was like wow he knows his stuff but until it was my turn to fight him, he really made me laugh, with the 1pp abuse. he did STAGGER ESCAPE my 1k i could not follow it with 6pp.
i tried to see if i was able to use 4T against him since i have been trow punshing him a lot. I was afraid to use kasumi's 66T due to 3 bars and what if he pressed the last T during combo throw faster than me?
i didnt know kasumi's 6p+k is 8- i should have throwed him :(

It is very rare to fight against someone that use throw punish, but i have fighted a few.

I went on training mode to test what moves that can not be throw punished so far: 33K is 11- but it gives a lot of pushback, 6pp is 9- if i remember right, it does alittle pushback, 66k-k being 3- but i wish this move would guardbreak and leave you at least 3+. 8p stuns on normal hit, is 5- on block so it is semi-safe but tina,rachel,bass,lisa, could throw it, since there T is 4f.

66pp~6p+k this move guardbreaks and i would say her most safest move the last p is a high.
when it guardbreaks u're on 6- i guess.

Rest of her moves are throw punishable by the way. just need to keep that in mind now.

i have problems when people escape the ground thingy, i seem to use 2p or just stand there watch them get up lol

kasumi's combos were better in 5.

Last edited:

Chapstick

Okay, today i was in a lobby, this player had 3bars, it was hard to block kasumi's 6pk2k even if i saw it, i was unable to do it, still netcode suck ass.

anway, this player really love abusing 1pp like if it was a safe move to threw out randomly, this player has defeated other people in the lobby, i was like wow he knows his stuff but until it was my turn to fight him, he really made me laugh, with the 1pp abuse. he did STAGGER ESCAPE my 1k i could not follow it with 6pp.
i tried to see if i was able to use 4T against him since i have been trow punshing him a lot. I was afraid to use kasumi's 66T due to 3 bars and what if he pressed the last T during combo throw faster than me?
i didnt know kasumi's 6p+k is 8- i should have throwed him :(

It is very rare to fight against someone that use throw punish, but i have fighted a few.

I went on training mode to test what modes that can not be throw punished so far: 33K is 11- but it gives a lot of pushback, 6pp is 9- if i remember right, it does alittle pushback, 66k-k being 3- but i wish this move would guardbreak and leave you at least 3+. 8p stuns on normal hit, is 5- on block so it is semi-safe but tina,rachel,bass,lisa, could throw it, since there T is 4f.

66pp~6p+k this move guardbreaks and i would say her most safest move the last p is a high.
when it guardbreaks u're on 6- i guess.

Rest of her moves are throw punishable by the way. just need to keep that in mind now.

i have problems when people escape the ground thingy, i seem to use 2p or just stand there watch them get up lol

kasumi's combos were better in 5.
I can't believe the amount of times they tried to use that after it kept failing.

XxSakuraLuvaxX

...taunting and the waiting for someone to hold during stun.. >.>
^ew
'ultimate' spam though. kewl match bro. I normally don't throw punish 'cause I aaaalwaaays forget.

(is 3 bars supposed to be bad in 5u?)

extravagant

ummm wtf??

how do you defend against those lame teleport attacks from Hayabusa? that shit is hella annoying. do I gotta just sit there and guess which defense or attack is going to happen?

cuz that's what's happening to me. he either does the teleport grab, the teleport kick, or other weird shit. s there a safe way to punish him or at least guard against all the teleportation variations?

it's the move where he charges back and teleports into the air from on top

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Depending on what you see, if he uses teleport punch or kick, you can either free step or sidestep him. If he goes for the throw with the teleport, you can duck it & low throw him. You have to see it coming. Either way, you can side step him or free step.

Last edited by a moderator:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD