DOA5U "I have no choice, but to fight!" Kasumi's Gameplay DOA5U discussion

Tenryuga

I remember it being +3. But yeah be careful with that move because most Kasumi players I have encountered use it either at terrible moments or with terrible spacing which lands them right in front of my face for throw punishment.

Chapstick

I remember it being +3. But yeah be careful with that move because most Kasumi players I have encountered use it either at terrible moments or with terrible spacing which lands them right in front of my face for throw punishment.
Looks like it is +3, I don't know where I got +1 from. Also it changes to +4 at max range.

This move is interesting because I'll use it with my back to the wall when someone is running at me to attack and it'll make me fly over their heads halfway across the screen, completely out of harm's way.

Allan Paris

@ToKyo PewPew The match up in which was being discussed (vs Helena) he is right in what he was saying. You have to lean on going mid/2P when in the neutral game going against her. After a stun it's whatever you want to do. You can go high but it's best if you keep it to a singular attack to poke with or if you're starting a string in hopes the Helena player mis-reads and gets CH for trying to crush.

Still, she is not contingent on mid punches. Players lean on them, why, I have no idea. I don't have any matches up of me playing and I will try to. I hate recording or uploading online matches because most of the time they are laggy. I also don't use her often online. When I find a connect in which I cannot use her teleport in, I put her away. That's most of the time :(

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
@ToKyo PewPew The match up in which was being discussed (vs Helena) he is right in what he was saying. You have to lean on going mid/2P when in the neutral game going against her. After a stun it's whatever you want to do. You can go high but it's best if you keep it to a singular attack to poke with or if you're starting a string in hopes the Helena player mis-reads and gets CH for trying to crush.

Still, she is not contingent on mid punches. Players lean on them, why, I have no idea. I don't have any matches up of me playing and I will try to. I hate recording or uploading online matches because most of the time they are laggy. I also don't use her often online. When I find a connect in which I cannot use her teleport in, I put her away. That's most of the time :(

I see, looks like I got it a bit taken out from context. My apologizes. Too bad that you don't use her that often, but I understand your reasons for this.

BMFAlpha

Ok, I know I asked this question before, but I have to asks this again. Ok, so I'm having a problem with Kasumi's 7P. When I do it against a wall I just get the regular backflip no wall and please keep in mind that I try this in practice mode so my question is, can her 7P be done in practice mode or is there some addition inputs I have to put in with 7P? Cause for the life of me she just will not do it.

Chapstick

Ok, I know I asked this question before, but I have to asks this again. Ok, so I'm having a problem with Kasumi's 7P. When I do it against a wall I just get the regular backflip no wall and please keep in mind that I try this in practice mode so my question is, can her 7P be done in practice mode or is there some addition inputs I have to put in with 7P? Cause for the life of me she just will not do it.
It doesn't work against certain types of 'walls' like ropes, the iron bars in the day version of the Dead Or Alive helipad stage, and half walls like the short rocks on the zack island. I've had it work pretty much everywhere else, even on trees. Where are you trying it?

BMFAlpha

It doesn't work against certain types of 'walls' like ropes, the iron bars in the day version of the Dead Or Alive helipad stage, and half walls like the short rocks on the zack island. I've had it work pretty much everywhere else, even on trees. Where are you trying it?

The Sakura stage I believe is it's name. Can it be done on those walls there? Also thanks for that info man. Telling you that one move was getting me so frustrated.

Chapstick

The Sakura stage I believe is it's name. Can it be done on those walls there? Also thanks for that info man. Telling you that one move was getting me so frustrated.
Not the short wooden fence things by the stairs, not the little spot sticking out with the smaller tree to the left of the stairs, and not the half walls on the left and right of the bell. If I'm remembering the stage right, not the area between the purple curtains either. The big flat wall on the left of the stage 7P will work, and I think it might work on the giant tree in the back corner that spits out petals when you hit someone into it. There aren't many real 'walls' on that stage now that I think about it. Try doing it in the Temple of the Dragon on the wooden walls.

I know what having something like this not work is like, half of Lisa's damn rope moves refuse to work for me but do for everyone else. x~x

BMFAlpha

Not the short wooden fence things by the stairs, not the little spot sticking out with the smaller tree to the left of the stairs, and not the half walls on the left and right of the bell. If I'm remembering the stage right, not the area between the purple curtains either. The big flat wall on the left of the stage 7P will work, and I think it might work on the giant tree in the back corner that spits out petals when you hit someone into it. There aren't many real 'walls' on that stage now that I think about it. Try doing it in the Temple of the Dragon on the wooden walls.

I know what having something like this not work is like, half of Lisa's damn rope moves refuse to work for me but do for everyone else. x~x

Oh ok! So those walls on Sakura I can't do 7P on. Ok, so I also got a hunch but I could be wrong but, I forgot to mention that I have the vanilla version so is it possible that 7P does not exist in the old copy of DOA 5? Because I took that information you gave me (The one before your last post) and went and tried to do 7P on every wall on every stage but to no avail. Man I'm starting to think I suck lol.

Chapstick

Oh ok! So those walls on Sakura I can't do 7P on. Ok, so I also got a hunch but I could be wrong but, I forgot to mention that I have the vanilla version so is it possible that 7P does not exist in the old copy of DOA 5? Because I took that information you gave me (The one before your last post) and went and tried to do 7P on every wall on every stage but to no avail. Man I'm starting to think I suck lol.
You can't do that in 5 vanilla, it was added in 5U. xD

Kyosuke NEO

So after not playing for quite a while, I've decided to pick Ultimate back up. I was kind of wondering what my general go to Oki strats should be though. Stuff like 7P to avoid wake up kicks and hitting them BT 4P or the low kick, and using stuff like 1K if they stay on the ground. I was just wondering if there more that I could be doing, or if there something more effective.

PMS_Akali

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Premium Donor
So after not playing for quite a while, I've decided to pick Ultimate back up. I was kind of wondering what my general go to Oki strats should be though. Stuff like 7P to avoid wake up kicks and hitting them BT 4P or the low kick, and using stuff like 1K if they stay on the ground. I was just wondering if there more that I could be doing, or if there something more effective.

Honestly, BT 4P is good. I don't really use 7P. If you know they will wake-up kick, I would just sit outside their range and then go in with 3P+K or 66PP. 66PP is a guard break and much better than just dodging. Wake-up kicks should be punished as much as possible. 9T is also decent, but misses sometimes.

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor

It really depends what kind of wakeup game your opponents is doing. If he is using high (mid) wakeup-kicks a lot, even if you are just standing in front of him without throwing out attacks, you can either try to hold it (normal or advanced hold for a small juggle) or wait out of range and go in with 3P+K P for stun game right after he whiffed the kick.

If your opponent is using a lot of low wakeup-kicks, you can use 9KP (especially near a wall) or 8P as punisher. The latter is really good because it causes a deep stun and is save on block (-5).

If you aren't sure what kind of action your opponent is doing if he is grounded, you can use 7P to get out of range quickly and wait it out. I wouldn't use 9T that much, you can try that if your opponent likes just to stand up blocking, although it creates a good amount of space between you and your opponent if it misses, making it hard for some characters to punish.

Just my recommendations, in the end, it is also just a kind of guessing game.

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
I am playing with Kasumi in training and have figured out that
Is this guaranteed ?

:4::P: :+: :P::P::K: :6_: :P: :+: :6::K: :+: :K::K::7::K::+::6::P+K::+::9::P::K::+::6::P+K: :+: :K::K:

I'm not sure if I understand your notation right, but on fastest stagger escape, the opponent can hold the punch or the 6K after you have turned him around with PPK at the beginning. So I think it's not guaranteed.

Nameless Sama

I'm not sure if I understand your notation right, but on fastest stagger escape, the opponent can hold the punch or the 6K after you have turned him around with PPK at the beginning. So I think it's not guaranteed.
Ah sorry not 6K I mean 7K
BTW I always forget to adjust the fastet stagger escape. Hmm I dont know this technique always worked on S - U players.

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
Ah sorry not 6K I mean 7K
BTW I always forget to adjust the fastet stagger escape. Hmm I dont know this technique always worked on S - U players.

With 7K it still wouldn't be guaranteed because the punch before can be hold. When a player is rank S or U, it does not automatically mean that he has solid fundamentals of game mechanics like stagger escaping. You could use it anyway, since not everyone can do stagger escape at it's fastest, but it's not guaranteed.

*EDIT*

I'm not sure about the punch, sometime it get's hold, sometimes not, but 7K can be hold of course.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD