"I have no time for games. Come at me with everything you've got." Diego Gameplay Discussion Thread

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Topic since there isn't one. Possible max damage potential involving 236P fully charged from a bound near a wall + Unholdables

Here's a start of early tech that may be more situational here in 6 due to ground game changes and wake up, but can still apply if your opponent likes to stay on the ground near the wall and doesn't want to get up period.

So frame manipulation / meaties is obviously still present in DOA which you can get different advantages based on when the move actually lands for a certain move (active frames and the startup) after a get up for example, or general advantages. An example case here is Diego's :6::6::P: (running shoulder) that's 19F (6) 27. The move when generally used landed on block is -2 however this can be different with frame manipulation (or in which case meaties), especially after forcing someone up and then inputting the shoulder. Here's what happens when the opponent decides to stay on the floor entirely and forcing them up into the shoulder:

If you perform :6::6::P: regularly from no get up and the opponent blocks it, Diego is left at -2
:2::P: > :1::P: > grounded natural combo force tech leaves you +22. If you perform :6::6::P: and the opponent blocks it, Diego is left at +1
:2::P: > :2::P: > grounded natural combo force tech leaves you +24. If you perform :6::6::P: and the opponent blocks it, Diego is left at +3

Here's a video and also added conditioning situations if they choose to block or SS it via 4T.

What are the weaknesses to this? for start when the opponent is fully forced up, they have a window time on what to do next. They have the option to hold the shoulder or sidestep it since it doesn't track. Attacking would be the worst option for them since you are plus from the pseudo grounded combo force tech to begin with. This comes with disadvantages but can be useful depending on what type of player you'll come across. They can also get up from the first hit so you'll have to find a preparation on first hit situations as well (it's a lot of guess work on the ground, but putting it here just in case for anything). For the most part, situational because it can vary from opponent to opponent.

So how can you apply this in a real match? truthfully it all comes down to how your opponent plays out. Does he like to stay on the ground a lot near the wall? etc. For situations like this, an opponent would think the shoulder is -2 every single time and would likely attack and giving you a free CH against them without realizing you are left at +1 or +3 here. You can also condition someone to get up entirely when you find an attack setup that hits grounded and lands at that very small window time - next to impossible moment for when the player is able to input a wake up kick for 2P or 1P.

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
hey bomb,that 2P1P set-ups could be used in 66T or 4T situation?everytime I hit them a 2P on ground,1P whiffs

You'd have to find setups for it yeah, this is basically the offset up there.

Think a good after a wallsplat is from 214P bound into 66P to the wall, after the wallsplat you can probably do:

:2::T: > :2::P: into :1::P: or :2::P:
:P: > :1::P: into :1::P: or :2::P:

Best to have the CPU do it to you since the CPU will get up perfectly every single time.

Last edited:

GarryJaune

You'd have to find setups for it yeah, this is basically the offset up there.

Think a good after a wallsplat is from 214P bound into 66P to the wall, after the wallsplat you can probably do:

:2::T: > :2::P: into :1::P: or :2::P:
:P: > :1::P: into :1::P: or :2::P:

Best to have the CPU do it to you since the CPU will get up perfectly every single time.
I thought the CPU always gets up quicker than human,so some of set ups won't work
anyway I'll try it out,thx

KING JAIMY

Are there any specific setups to make it more likely your opponent stays on the ground? I know for example Lisa has a knockdown with 6KK which is very hard to react to with a tech, which sets up her oki. So I'm looking for something similar for Diego.

jjinkou2

So frame manipulation / meaties is obviously still present in DOA which you can get different advantages based on when the move actually lands for a certain move (active frames and the startup) after a get up for example, or general advantages.

would you mind writing a specific thread/small tuto on this topic ? i would like to find something similar with my main, but i don't know where to start/find information. I was about to ask you the same for kokoro, but as soon as i was about to write i though that this information could benefit others people's mains too.

KING JAIMY

would you mind writing a specific thread/small tuto on this topic ? i would like to find something similar with my main, but i don't know where to start/find information. I was about to ask you the same for kokoro, but as soon as i was about to write i though that this information could benefit others people's mains too.
Sometimes frame advantage depends on the range you use the move on. For example Honoka gets more frame advantage when her 4K gets blocked at tip range compared to close range. Rig has a similar thing where his 236K gives him more advantage on block if used at maximum range.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Sometimes frame advantage depends on the range you use the move on. For example Honoka gets more frame advantage when her 4K gets blocked at tip range compared to close range. Rig has a similar thing where his 236K gives him more advantage on block if used at maximum range.

Here's a video (I'll add it to the OP I think). Well not really range since it'll still be +3 even up close but additional range may add an extra +1. I still am able to get +3 super close.

Let's take two random moves for example:

19 (6) 24
19 (2) 24

The one with 6 active frames is going to land whereas the one with 2 will whiff completely.

@jjinkou2 for your characters in more of a ghetto explanation I think, if you play Kokoro you just have to find what she can get after ground hitting combo FTs. So if 2K > 2H+K gives you +20, you just have to find approximate numbers while being at +20, such as an 17F move with like 5 active frames. The ones I like to look for is super light disadvantage moves (like -2, -1 or even +0) so that when it lands on block, you are likely going to be at frame advantage.

Another thing to add which is cool and isn't mentioned much, is that if you land those particular moves on CH, sometimes you'll be provided with more stun advantage than normally after situations up top if they choose to not block. Which can result in able to land moves that won't land due to not having enough stun advantage for it to connect.

Raidou's 66P gives you +15 on hit, but if you were to meaty it, I was able to get it to +17, which made 14-15 frame move followups land that normally wouldn't land on a natural stun situation.

Last edited:

GarryJaune

Here's a video (I'll add it to the OP I think). Well not really range since it'll still be +3 even up close but additional range may add an extra +1. I still am able to get +3 super close.

Let's take two random moves for example:

19 (6) 24
19 (2) 24

The one with 6 active frames is going to land whereas the one with 2 will whiff completely.

@jjinkou2 for your characters in more of a ghetto explanation I think, if you play Kokoro you just have to find what she can get after ground hitting combo FTs. So if 2K > 2H+K gives you +20, you just have to find approximate numbers while being at +20, such as an 17F move with like 5 active frames. The ones I like to look for is super light disadvantage moves (like -2, -1 or even +0) so that when it lands on block, you are likely going to be at frame advantage.

Another thing to add which is cool and isn't mentioned much, is that if you land those particular moves on CH, sometimes you'll be provided with more stun advantage than normally after situations up top if they choose to not block. Which can result in able to land moves that won't land due to not having enough stun advantage for it to connect.

Raidou's 66P gives you +15 on hit, but if you were to meaty it, I was able to get it to +17, which made 14-15 frame move followups land that normally wouldn't land on a natural stun situation.
just ranked U- and saw this,best diego tech vid ever.damn he's dirty lol

Chaos

I'm not sure if anybody know this but I found out that you have the ability to get a air throw after a wall splat but first you have to do 9P. Unfortunately, it only works on lightweights and it doesn't work if your moves are close hit. :/

I just recently checked. It works on everybody except heavyweights.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD