"I shall end it!" The Official Kasumi Gameplay Discussion Thread

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
It seems like in DoA6, Kasumi is able to land combos more easily, but I feel like her speed has been reduced a bit. In DoA5 she had a pretty good speed advantage over most people, I used to be able to out-jab most people all the time. However that's no longer the case, people can jab-draw me all the time which is strange. In DoA5 you could pretty much out jab most people.

Her juggles seem to be easier to land than in 5 though. Which is good.
Her speeds are the same.

PhoenixVFIRE

New guy here. Just created this to ask a question. Does anybody know the input about kasumi's hidden move? It looks like her power blow from 5 but it covers more distance. I only seen it once on an AI, so I'm not sure if its an AI only move cause its not on her commande list.
For anyone who its curious, I'm talking about this
i wish they brought this move back and allowed us to sidestep cancel it as well...

extravagant

i wish they brought this move back and allowed us to sidestep cancel it as well...

That would be like the power blow, which I used to always land on people or mix up pressure as a result. It was great, I had many good KO and clutching moments doing fake power blows or side stepping just to launch the real power blow. Ugh miss those times

extravagant

Her speeds are the same.

If her speed is the same then why does it seem like most of her attacks get stuffed now? Her front flip move used to be really really good but now it gets stuffed really easily. Maybe the hitbox was altered then.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
If her speed is the same then why does it seem like most of her attacks get stuffed now? Her front flip move used to be really really good but now it gets stuffed really easily. Maybe the hitbox was altered then.
I don't think so, her 9K is 18i and only avoids lows so it's likely just you being hit out of it since its not really something to use on close quarters tbh. It's more a mid range attack

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Her attacks are the same bro. None of the speed of her moves have changed. The only thing different about 9K is the launch height after the bounce on counter hit. You're getting stuffed because you're probably using them at the wrong times. You shouldn't be using 9K as often like that on anyone anyway unless you're hitting them on low wake up, whiff punishing a special low in mid range, or trying to do pseudo tech off the ground. Her 9K has always been 18 frames. The only ones that have really changed are the advantages off certain moves like 4H+K which is now a fatal sitdown stun that guarantees follow ups even launchers if they don't have meter to break hold with it being -13 on block, her elbows strings which are -6 now, 6K's advantage on counter hit which is now +9 to 11, & then 6PK's hit stun advantage on counter hit. 236P from DOA5 is now 214P. The new 236P is her critical burst animation from DOA5 but knocks back now & has close hit property.

Edit: Other than those moves, how she gets her damage changed too, but not as far as speeds.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Found some tech using something @DestructionBomb shared on Twitter, I believe the Marie Rose tweet!

Apparently some characters have the ability to do a anti sidestep set up using a Fatal rush on a sidestepping opponent into a limbo fall stun into ANOTHER fatal rush into a sit down stun for guaranteed damage. Kasumi has the ability to do it as well but it doesn't work on the practice stage, it seems to work on stages with a certain terrain since it triggered in the hidden garden but I couldn't find a consistent spawn point to consistently test it out so I tried the museum stage and it worked perfectly as long as you messed up the first try and just quickly restarted before Raidou reacts with a SS attack

I dont know yet if it works on other characters but it does on Raidou so this stuff should work on all weights. I'm super excited so I'll see if I can find anymore stuff from this ^.^ It can probably work on other stages but Kasumi and Phase both seem to have a specific distance and slope they have to do it from

Also in video form. The opponent can break hold after the second fatal rush but if you feel like they're gomna break hold, you can go for 33T for easy hi counter damage or you can go for 66T·T for a free set up from that throw

Last edited:

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Found some tech using something @DestructionBomb shared on Twitter, I believe the Marie Rose tweet!

Apparently some characters have the ability to do a anti sidestep set up using a Fatal rush on a sidestepping opponent into a limbo fall stun into ANOTHER fatal rush into a sit down stun for guaranteed damage. Kasumi has the ability to do it as well but it doesn't work on the practice stage, it seems to work on stages with a certain terrain since it triggered in the hidden garden but I couldn't find a consistent spawn point to consistently test it out so I tried the museum stage and it worked perfectly as long as you messed up the first try and just quickly restarted before Raidou reacts with a SS attack

I dont know yet if it works on other characters but it does on Raidou so this stuff should work on all weights. I'm super excited so I'll see if I can find anymore stuff from this ^.^ It can probably work on other stages but Kasumi and Phase both seem to have a specific distance and slope they have to do it from

Also in video form. The opponent can break hold after the second fatal rush but if you feel like they're gomna break hold, you can go for 33T for easy hi counter damage or you can go for 66T·T for a free set up from that throw
PP & PK into S works on anyone.

I'll have to look at the other one. Either way, these a re good finds. I'm still trying to get into the habit of using her S for sidestepping, but sometimes, it slips my mind while playing. Whenever I stream again or something, I'll have to have my viewers make count of how many times I used it.

The only things that I find sketchy about using S is how many times you can really use S during a combo then the damage scales. 4+K setup is sick though. I'm going to use that one.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
PP & PK into S works on anyone.

I'll have to look at the other one. Either way, these a re good finds. I'm still trying to get into the habit of using her S for sidestepping, but sometimes, it slips my mind while playing. Whenever I stream again or something, I'll have to have my viewers make count of how many times I used it.

The only things that I find sketchy about using S is how many times you can really use S during a combo then the damage scales. 4+K setup is sick though. I'm going to use that one.
What set ups are you using in training mode to test those? I tried PP but it only works in certain areas, PK they sidestep before I can even go for S xD

I also found a few more set ups that allow sit down stun after the limbo stun on the Chinese festival stage and the unforgettable stage, different stages seem to still have slight slope differences so you have to use something to get that position, like in Unforgettable you have to do 6K after the the computer/human does a SSA on block to position you at the Taylor Bar terrain, and in the Chinese festival I had to sidestep up and do 2K to get that limbo into sit down stun, it's almost like trying to figure out a code xD

It's possible to get the limbo into sit down on the hidden garden stage too but I stop have yet to figure out a consistent way to get it, but it's near where the upper terrain is

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
What set ups are you using in training mode to test those? I tried PP but it only works in certain areas, PK they sidestep before I can even go for S xD

I also found a few more set ups that allow sit down stun after the limbo stun on the Chinese festival stage and the unforgettable stage, different stages seem to still have slight slope differences so you have to use something to get that position, like in Unforgettable you have to do 6K after the the computer/human does a SSA on block to position you at the Taylor Bar terrain, and in the Chinese festival I had to sidestep up and do 2K to get that limbo into sit down stun, it's almost like trying to figure out a code xD

It's possible to get the limbo into sit down on the hidden garden stage too but I stop have yet to figure out a consistent way to get it, but it's near where the upper terrain is
PK you're blocking then 236Ting them. PP should work in most cases. The setups I'm doing atm are 66P into 214P or 33K, but the one I'm aiming for is 66P > 4H+K into 3H+K or some other launcher.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
I think Team NINJA stealth buffed Kasumi's 236P. It now deals 27 dmg on NH & 40 dmg on CH. A minor improvement, but one nonetheless. I wish they buffed its speed, at i20 it's a terrible Close Hit move, especially considering that it's unsafe to boot.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I think Team NINJA stealth buffed Kasumi's 236P. It now deals 27 dmg on NH & 40 dmg on CH. A minor improvement, but one nonetheless. I wish they buffed its speed, at i20 it's a terrible Close Hit move, especially considering that it's unsafe to boot.
Yeah I think so too but tbh I only think it's mainly useful in her bound combos. XD I wish she would get a few more buffs tho, I think certain moves should track and I feel like the strings where there's no tracking at all could be safe like 9KK and such. I also personally feel like 214P and her elbow enders should track and I feel like her K3K Should be safe since it doesn't really do anything and you can't continue a stun from it unless the opponent holds but that's just me xD

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Yeah I think so too but tbh I only think it's mainly useful in her bound combos. XD I wish she would get a few more buffs tho, I think certain moves should track and I feel like the strings where there's no tracking at all could be safe like 9KK and such. I also personally feel like 214P and her elbow enders should track and I feel like her K3K Should be safe since it doesn't really do anything and you can't continue a stun from it unless the opponent holds but that's just me xD
I don't think TN wants 236P to be useful beyond bound combos haha. 9KK doesn't need to be safe. It's a fast, ground-hitting, good low crush with 2 very delayable follow-ups including a safe -6 elbow in 9KP. K3K should be safe.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Idk if this was known already but Kasumi can get extra free damage if she finishes 66PP or 66PK on counter hit or in stun near the wall explosion hazards on the forbidden fortune stage. It's a glitch but I thought it was a neat trick to use so you can get more damage before the stage transition

Phase 4 can also do it and Kasumi and her can get 6H+KK to work for extra damage as well if they use it near the barrels(it won't work iirc if she does it near the molded treasure boxes. Idk if any other characters can do this tho

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Idk if this was known already but Kasumi can get extra free damage if she finishes 66PP or 66PK on counter hit or in stun near the wall explosion hazards on the forbidden fortune stage. It's a glitch but I thought it was a neat trick to use so you can get more damage before the stage transition

Phase 4 can also do it and Kasumi and her can get 6H+KK to work for extra damage as well if they use it near the barrels(it won't work iirc if she does it near the molded treasure boxes. Idk if any other characters can do this tho
Interesting find. 66P would normally cause the small wall bounce on CH, though I wouldn't be surprised if it would be unholdable if used against a dangerzone.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Interesting find. 66P would normally cause the small wall bounce on CH, though I wouldn't be surprised if it would be unholdable if used against a dangerzone.
Yeah you can't hold if you're hit in the DZ so it's guaranteed(at least for now xD) 9KP also can do it too. Apparently everyone "can do it" as someone on Twitter told me but it's only able to be done to certain strings since ordinarily the game doesn't allow anymore hits so it's still useful if you need that extra damage

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD