DOA5LR "I'll Try My Best!"Naotora Ii Gameplay Discussion

Nikotsumi

3P is really useful only in the stun game, just don't ever use it in neutral. It's kinda odd that the side step version stuns on NH though, well...it had to, otherwise it would have been completely useless and made the SS K too good in comparison.
Speaking of her 236K~K, yall notice that her IFC~H+K is the same as the second hit of 236K~K? I like the guard break and Sakura cherry effects and feel like the final hit of the 236KK string should result in that GB, the string can't be delayed and it's hopeless if it's blocked, plus it's two mid kicks which anyone can easily stop as well as it not doing much damage anyway so it wouldn't be at all OP.
That explains why IFC H+K is such a crappy launcher, seriously they should definitely make it better. Even the guardbreak isn't good, IFC 2K and even P are better in that regard. In short, as it is, it's a useless IFC move.
I wouldn't mind it being replaced with the second kick of 236KK though, it would just make the move semi-safe, which is not a bad thing and it definitely wouldn't be OP, the current one is trash.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/doa5/lastround/info_ver.1.09A.html

- Updated the main screen's banner.

- Fixed a bug that enables headless Kasumi as a playable character.

- Nyotengu's wings now have fixed animation.

So from the looks of thing, this is likely not even close to balance update. It's only worth 60+MBs. There has been cases in the past for hidden character tweaks and hidden stage tweaks but going to say doubt it on this update.

If the glitch is the damage, it's still there. The BT GBs now.

Wait, that was never a GB in the patch before this one?

The Spine

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/doa5/lastround/info_ver.1.09A.html

- Updated the main screen's banner.

- Fixed a bug that enables headless Kasumi as a playable character.

- Nyotengu's wings now have fixed animation.

So from the looks of thing, this is likely not even close to balance update. It's only worth 60+MBs. There has been cases in the past for hidden character tweaks and hidden stage tweaks but going to say doubt it on this update.

Wait, that was never a GB in the patch before this one?
I made a mistake, it doesn't GB still, -36 glory. They did patch the oki loop though. As far as AI WUKs go.

The Spine

Wait that doesn't work on the AI anymore? wait wait, that means it's universal on trying to test out AI things in general no?
The jump can still avoid the mid WUK, but not at a distance where you can loop it though. Either that, or they made the timing tighter. Her jump 2K gets hit out of. I remember you saying something about how the AI WUK is different from human WUK, so I'm just speculating mostly.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
The jump can still avoid the mid WUK, but not at a distance where you can loop it though. Either that, or they made the timing tighter. Her jump 2K gets hit out of. I remember you saying something about how the AI WUK is different from human WUK, so I'm just speculating mostly.

Yeah, they are able to get up or perform a wake up kick on the initial frame they land on when touching the ground

The Spine

Yeah, they are able to get up or perform a wake up kick on the initial frame they land on when touching the ground
Yeah, so I'm not really sure what the deal is. Naotora is getting hit when she nearly touches the ground and that didn't happen before. I feel like it requires a micro-dash now but I'm not sure.

Nikotsumi

I just tested it and I can confirm that timing seems stricter. Before the patch I was able to do it (on the AI) 90% of the times, now I can pull it of just once or twice every 10~ tries.

On another note, I found this force tech setup : 4H+K (max distance) > 6KK. Don't know how much it can be useful since it's quite situational, 4H+K has to be done at max distance to make 6K whiff and hit the opponent with the follow up, thought it doesn't require timing and the FT is +17 frames (it also negates wake up kicks). If they tech up you're at -10~11 but free to continue the string.

The Spine

I just tested it and I can confirm that timing seems stricter. Before the patch I was able to do it (on the AI) 90% of the times, now I can pull it of just once or twice every 10~ tries.

On another note, I found this force tech setup : 4H+K (max distance) > 6KK. Don't know how much it can be useful since it's quite situational, 4H+K has to be done at max distance to make 6K whiff and hit the opponent with the follow up, thought it doesn't require timing and the FT is +17 frames (it also negates wake up kicks). If they tech up you're at -10~11 but free to continue the string.
That's good stuff actually. More tech to confuse the masses about this character.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Anything negating wake up kick is awesome because it puts fear into them and loss of momentum. You want them to attack from your advantage so that "yours" win after forcing them up, plus eliminating wake up kicks on the long run so they can feel the "I can't attack wtf im suppose to do?" You want them to feel it.

Lulu

Anything negating wake up kick is awesome because it puts fear into them and loss of momentum. You want them to attack from your advantage so that "yours" win after forcing them up, plus eliminating wake up kicks on the long run so they can feel the "I can't attack wtf im suppose to do?" You want them to feel it.

You Monster :eek: !!!

In all Seriousness though.... Completely Squashing Wake Up Kicks 100% is not really good for the game..... I don't think this has anything to do with Balance or Fairness. Rather its about preserving the mechanics the still allow players to make Decisions.... just like when they nerfed Rachel's Stomp Set up back during the Ultimate days... The stomp was neither overpowered or unfair but it made Oki so predictable that it made the whole situation Boring.... so they nerfed it.... and with that players were able to make Decisions Again.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
You Monster :eek: !!!

In all Seriousness though.... Completely Squashing Wake Up Kicks 100% is not really good for the game..... I don't think this has anything to do with Balance or Fairness. Rather its about preserving the mechanics the still allow players to make Decisions.... just like when they nerfed Rachel's Stomp Set up back during the Ultimate days... The stomp was neither overpowered or unfair but it made Oki so predictable that it made the whole situation Boring.... so they nerfed it.... and with that players were able to make Decisions Again.
With Rachel it was justified, that bitch isn't nearly as linear as Naotora is XD, plus her damage output and set ups are way more threatening, once she does 41236T, you're basically screwed unless you can stop the momentum and guess right. Naotora is easier to shut down up close and needs stuff like that to make the opponent fear her when she's got them grounded. I can't really explain it, you'd have to honestly use her for yourself to see what I'm talking about. Then again I'm not really one to deal with WU kicks unless I know what my opponent is gonna do, otherwise I'd hold or just do 9KK. Plus I see no reason with the Nao oki, it doesn't really make the game predictable since the opponent has to guess on whether you will do it or not and adapt, and if you're careful you won't go for it everytime. It's like an Ayane 8Ping away everytime I do a WU kick, and then I adapt and bait that out and blow her up for it, the same can happen to Naotora in that case.

Last edited:

Lulu

Plus I see no reason with the Nao oki, it doesn't really make the game predictable since the opponent has to guess on whether you will do it or not and adapt, and if you're careful you won't go for it everytime. It's like an Ayane 8Ping away everytime I do a WU kick, and then I adapt and bait that out and blow her up for it, the same can happen to Naotora in that case.

Well then in that case I guess its Fine. :)

Remember when she was first revealed, Everybody thought she was Overpowered because of how fast she was. LoL.... alot changed so quickly.

Nikotsumi

Naotora does not have many setups that negate wake up kicks to begin with, I can only think of 3 and all of them require the sacrifice of quite a lot of damage, not to mention that they all start from a single attack so she can't "loop" them through combos like other characters, for example Ein and Honoka, both of which have quite a lot of these setups.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Well then in that case I guess its Fine. :)

Remember when she was first revealed, Everybody thought she was Overpowered because of how fast she was. LoL.... alot changed so quickly.
I didn't think she was tbh, I had already knew she was gonna be unsafe like Kasumi was XD The only new character who could be close imo to OP would be mai who can basically do it all

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD