DOA5LR "I'll Try My Best!"Naotora Ii Gameplay Discussion

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I want a dumb 7K like Christie's.
I can't see that fitting her tbh, when I look at Naotora and think 7K I picture her just doing one of the high guard breaking enders I listed above. I also think they should make 3P have a follow up since it's unsafe, like maybe 3PK and the follow up would be her end kick from KKK4K, I picture it being a high like Marie Rose's who also has a follow up on hers

The Spine

I can't see that fitting her tbh, when I look at Naotora and think 7K I picture her just doing one of the high guard breaking enders I listed above. I also think they should make 3P have a follow up since it's unsafe, like maybe 3PK and the follow up would be her end kick from KKK4K, I picture it being a high like Marie Rose's who also has a follow up on hers
If being unsafe is the only reason, then give Naotora as a character a follow-up named Deletion. In all seriousness, I don't think 3P is the move that needs the follow-up as much as 8P, along with stun properties on hit.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
If being unsafe is the only reason, then give Naotora as a character a follow-up named Deletion. In all seriousness, I don't think 3P is the move that needs the follow-up as much as 8P, along with stun properties on hit.
But 8P is already safe tho and it's one frame faster than 3P? Tbh i wouldn't mind if 3P had crouch properties during the beginning to avoid highs like how Eliots 6K can avoid some highs

Nikotsumi

To be frank, what Naotora really needs is her moveset to be completed. It's either incompleted (and it's obvious) because they couldn't delay her release for some reason, or they don't like her lol.
The lack of 7P/7K and 1P/1K is imo unacceptable, I really feel uncomfortable having access to only 3 neutral lows (2P,2K 2H+K) and 2 of them suck.
Not to mention she only has like 3- H+K attacks (which are variants from her normal strings) and 1- P+K attack (her CB) LOL.

Oh, I wouldn't mind changing the properties of existing moves since some of them do not make sense at all (like 8P ewww).

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Yeah I just realized myself that Naotora's 2H+K isn't all that, it doesn't have that much range in comparison to 2K which has more reach and sure it avoids highs but it's just to slow and the only thing you can use to continue a combo from a CH with it is 4K and you can't even use 6P unless you're at max range which makes no sense...

If only TN had a phone number or something, we could all call them and actually explain to them why she needs certain things or why some stuff doesn't make since XD

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Found a DZ setup with Naotora. Lightweights only from the looks of it.

After knocking them off the first DZ into the blue bounce panel: :6::K::4::K:.

Afterwards, :K::K::K::6::K::K:. You'll probably like the end portion a lot after you send them off, you can knock them into the green panel "and" you get the half wall splat.(Do it to Mai or Alpha and they'll fly, literally).

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
So I tried that tech DB had mentioned earlier and I think I found some, I hope I did it right :'-)

This was comical at the end XD

Ignore the first hit from 4K4K and just assume that the second one only hit, I used both hits to make sure it hit the tree at the right angle so the coconuts would fall correctly. I used the same settings he did too

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Nice, so it looks like you don't need a ground attack for Naotora! as long as unstaggerable on fastest is on and guard all and if it still works, you got it!

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Nice, so it looks like you don't need a ground attack for Naotora! as long as unstaggerable on fastest is on and guard all and if it still works, you got it!
I'll try to find more, it's tough though since you have to be at a certain angle for the invincibility to not really be counted XD I'll see what I can besides K6KK for that one comical one so that coconut won't ruin the combo XD

Nikotsumi

Honoka was giving me a headache so I tried with Naotora, it's way easier having an usable ground attack here (Naotora's booty lol) so I tried with it and came up with a little something :
*timing is required for the last 2 combos
Now back to Honoka lol.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Honoka was giving me a headache so I tried with Naotora, it's way easier having an usable ground attack here (Naotora's booty lol) so I tried with it and came up with a little something :
*timing is required for the last 2 combos
Now back to Honoka lol.

Niceeee! :eek: yup what Nikotsumi mentioned, that ground pound is the one people go by because it can work on human players if they want to tech up or down due to wonky CPU get up sometimes, so they'll get trapped. If they back tech, they'll get hit by the buckets/coconuts! You guys are quick! Nikotsumi KL you should make videos!

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Naotora is still garbage tier. Though, some people are delusional and think she's better than she really is.
@ me next time XD but I couldn't find anything for her except that they fixed that BTed on block issue she had early on where the second hit didnt hit. But she still has the KK or 6KK set up issue where is she does PP2KK it'll still not hit which is nuts -_-

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I don't think its that bad since when you get PP2K to hit on CH or in a stun the low is guaranteed so in those cases you'll likely just want to do the low follow up

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Came back to LR on PC and I learned some things about Nao:

-Her 6KKK6K I guaranteed against foes facing away and guarantees K6KK for 90 damage.

-If the foe doesn't SE as quickly as possible you can go for 6KKK4K into KKKKKKKK for 98 damage.

-in Tag mode, you can use her IFC K attack from a tag cancel to leave your partner at +17 and at +12 with fastest SE

-Her 4KK can crush highs if delayed perfectly since I guess the jump has crouching properties earlier on but it's not shown in the type for move details, it's like a standing high crush.

-Her 4P+K crushes highs, it's unsafe but it's one of her better ranged mid punches so it can be used at about mid range, stronger when you can PB

-Her PL can also crush highs to, bonus for the low crush too.

Gonna look into her more tomorrow for more stuff I didn't know xD

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD