"In the name of Mugen Tenshin” Kasumi General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
They just updated their Twitter with the implementation of normal sidestep in the game. This isn't a just a "Kasumi change" but it is a change nonetheless universally. I'm also hoping that if Kasumi's SS attack is H+K. If so then that means that she's safe after it & doesn't have to worry about taking that risk. It's still good though no matter how you look at it because you're having to make the read on linear attacks.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
They just updated their Twitter with the implementation of normal sidestep in the game. This isn't a just a "Kasumi change" but it is a change nonetheless universally. I'm also hoping that if Kasumi's SS attack is H+K. If so then that means that she's safe after it & doesn't have to worry about taking that risk. It's still good though no matter how you look at it because you're having to make the read on linear attacks.
Doesn't she already have a SS attack tho? Here it is, skip to 1:13:

And isn't H+K unsafe? If she has a punch SS attack as well I hope it's either Phase 4's H+K or Phase 4's SS P attack from LR, I like that sit down stun it gives <3

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Doesn't she already have a SS attack tho? Here it is, skip to 1:13:

And isn't H+K unsafe? If she has a punch SS attack as well I hope it's either Phase 4's H+K or Phase 4's SS P attack from LR, I like that sit down stun it gives <3
It looks different from the older animation. It could be. We'll see. It looks like Phase's 4's. Her's was -12 on block with pushback.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
It looks different from the older animation. It could be. We'll see. It looks like Phase's 4's. Her's was -12 on block with pushback.
Actually looking back at the tweets that TN posted, I think there could be 3 side step options tbh, I think if you press the :s: button you'll get the new pushback attacks everyone has(but the trade off is that they're all unsafe and guarantee a throw) and everyone could probably all have their old SS attacks as well. Hopefully Kasumi's will be improved since I wasnt too fond of them tbh, I would prefer her to have 4H+K as her ss kick attack

XxSakuraLuvaxX

have we seen the properties for 66K~K yet? i'm so curious to see what it does airborne and on normal hit now that we've seen her 7KK hard knockdown in a juggle, as well as 66KP causing a bound.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
have we seen the properties for 66K~K yet? i'm so curious to see what it does airborne and on normal hit now that we've seen her 7KK hard knockdown in a juggle, as well as 66KP causing a bound.
Found it!

Skip to 32:23, it doesn't seem to bound anymore, it just causes a knockdown which makes sense, I think since 66K~K is safe on block, they nerfed it's it combo use and its knockdown and gave it's bound properties to 66KP, which will likely be unsafe

Also looking at how 66KP will be the new go to bound for combo setups, it's definitely an "ease of use" buff since in LR especially in online play, people have complained and said that 66K~K can be hard to land due to lag, and it also can happen in offline play where it'll not hit if there is even a slight delay. With 66KP, it'll be less about timing since you can basically mash the P with no fear of dropping a combo or accidentally performing her 66KK attack. TN was really smart with that tbh, it'll make performing bound combos alot easier than in DOA5LR

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD