"In the name of Mugen Tenshin” Kasumi General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leifasumi

One thing Kasumi needs is a new stance! Her current one is horrible and outdated. I wish they gave her Phase's new one :(

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
One thing Kasumi needs is a new stance! Her current one is horrible and outdated. I wish they gave her Phase's new one :(
How is it outdated? I think it's fine, Phase 4 is pretty much the same except she makes her stance a bit darker and more witch like by adjusting her leg positioning and holding her hands like a sorceress which I like. Kasumi's stance could use an idle action tho so you can't see it really loop

Leifasumi

How is it outdated? I think it's fine, Phase 4 is pretty much the same except she makes her stance a bit darker and more witch like by adjusting her leg positioning and holding her hands like a sorceress which I like. Kasumi's stance could use an idle action tho so you can't see it really loop

I don't know but I just want her to get a new one since I find the current one to be ugly. Phase 4's looks much nicer to me.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I don't know but I just want her to get a new one since I find the current one to be ugly. Phase 4's looks much nicer to me.
I'm fine with it tbh, it's nice and simple for her since as a ninja you don't really need an over the top impractical stance, if they did do a stance change I would want something like Lili, since the only other kunoichi stances involves crouching over like what Master Raven and Mai Shiranui do. Phase isn't really a ninja tho so I guess they changed hers so you won't get mixed up xD

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Ebabli sent me this info on Facebook

Attachments

• 648797E8-9C96-48EA-8C1C-7778B4C6D5AA.png
    648797E8-9C96-48EA-8C1C-7778B4C6D5AA.png
    189 KB · Views: 217

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Hmm, didn’t 6PP just result in a SDS?
I don’t think she’s nerfed, If 6PP would result in a SDS with the shorter stun duration it basically would’ve been useless. She’s just will be different which isn’t really a bad thing.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
6KK never sds tho, it always knocks down if both the mid and high hit and the opponent doesn't hold xD As long as she still has 4H+K as a SDS im good, I love that move since its good from a distances. 6PP knocking down now is actually a buff imo since she won't have to play the stun game when it hits, it just knocks down

9K not bouncing anymore I don't think is really a nerf, it's inconvenient but iirc her new 66KP should cause a bounce since I remember seeing it and im sure her new punch follow ups will also do that as well.

And yeah I figured her 6P+K wqs gonna be a cool string, I went back to all the older games and in DOA5 as well too since Alpha has it and from what I found when I posted the frames and such it seems like it'll have alot of it's uses besides just being a bait to get the opponent to crouch xD I don't think her changes really mean she's nerfed per say, they're probably just switching around properties like they did everyone else.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
6KK was never a sit down. He probably didn’t mean to type it, but he’s out of Australia’s best. I trust him.

Yes 9K bouncing is a nerf. It gave her combos from it. Not just a knockdown. It was DOA4 status in DOA5 but increased height. It’s not a groundbreaking change but yes it most certainly is a nerf. 9K in general has always been one of her best tools. It was something she used to beat out wake ups & crush special miss & lows for CH into damage. I don’t expect that to change but a nerf is a nerf whether it’s a big one or not. Trade off there will be telling.

4H+K as a sit down stun might have different usage too besides just a deep stun because of the new system of DOA6. I don’t expect the frames to change but I do expect different stun properties. This is where we’ll find out if Team Ninja really knows how to trade off a change. If they do them great. If they don’t then there has to be something to compensate or they’ll keep getting the typical criticism of them not knowing how to develop or balance s fighting by naysayers (& this time they would be right for saying it & there’s no excuses for them)

I’m honestly not looking back & forth into old DOA games because 80% of the players who do that start whining about what they’ll miss & won’t miss & it’ll lead to downplay in the new game. It’s good that she’s getting some different tools though I’m pretty stoked about how she’ll do damage this time.

The main thing I’m looking at now is how different is the meta game and how she’ll be playing the neutral in it. It’s really nothing new to add older tools while getting new ones. This is speculation too. So take what’s being said with a grain of salt for right now.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
6KK was never a sit down. He probably didn’t mean to type it, but he’s out of Australia’s best. I trust him.

Yes 9K bouncing is a nerf. It gave her combos from it. Not just a knockdown. It was DOA4 status in DOA5 but increased height. It’s not a groundbreaking change but yes it most certainly is a nerf. 9K in general has always been one of her best tools. I don’t expect that to change but a nerf is a nerf whether it’s a big one or not. Trade off there will be telling.

4H+K as a sit down stun might have different usage too besides just a deep stun because of the new system of DOA6. I don’t expect the frames to change but I do expect different stun properties. This is where we’ll find out if Team Ninja really knows how to trade off a change. If they do them great. If they don’t then there has to be something to compensate or they’ll keep getting the typical criticism of them not knowing how to develop or balance s fighting by naysayers (& this time they would be right for saying it & there’s no excuses for them)

I’m honestly not looking back & forth into old DOA games because 80% of the players who do that start whining about what they’ll miss & won’t miss & it’ll lead to downplay in the new game. It’s good that she’s getting some different tools though I’m pretty stoked about how she’ll do damage this time.

The main thing I’m looking at now is how different is the meta game and how she’ll be playing the neutral in it. It’s really nothing new to add older tools while getting new ones.
What I mean is that I don't think 9K not bouncing anymore won't really affect her if that property is given to different moves like 66KP. My only gripe is that it should at LEAST cause a bounce on CH or something, but if combos and how they work in DOA6 is being adjusted to warrant such a change I won't really worry about it.

And I don't see it that way tbh, I do miss some attack properties for older games but in this case looking back does give us an idea of what to expect, especially since TN doesn't really touch moves all that much when they bring them back, plus since we're in the dark regarding frames and how the moves function, going back is a better solution imo than just waiting. I think 6P+K will basically do everything I dug up for it frame and property wise but idk about how safe it'll be since Alpha's version is like -16 and old Kasumi's was like -12.

If they gave us frame data that would be good since that could help us see the type of direction she'll go in DOA6, but I don't think properties are really set in stone yet, we do still have 8-9 weeks until release so anything could happen really at this point

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
What I mean is that I don't think 9K not bouncing anymore won't really affect her if that property is given to different moves like 66KP. My only gripe is that it should at LEAST cause a bounce on CH or something, but if combos and how they work in DOA6 is being adjusted to warrant such a change I won't really worry about it.

And I don't see it that way tbh, I do miss some attack properties for older games but in this case looking back does give us an idea of what to expect, especially since TN doesn't really touch moves all that much when they bring them back, plus since we're in the dark regarding frames and how the moves function, going back is a better solution imo than just waiting. I think 6P+K will basically do everything I dug up for it frame and property wise but idk about how safe it'll be since Alpha's version is like -16 and old Kasumi's was like -12.

If they gave us frame data that would be good since that could help us see the type of direction she'll go in DOA6, but I don't think properties are really set in stone yet, we do still have 8-9 weeks until release so anything could happen really at this point
Well see here’s the thing. They’ll be able to hold 66KP more than likely lol. That’s not really anything to hype up. Being able to hold is never a good thing. That’s DOA. Will it cause a guess? Yes, but you’re literally having to do 2 hits before it’s effective. After 66K, the P follow up is either commit or delay, but they make people hold & guess out of damage either way. It’s not really a big trade off. I’d much rather take 1 over 2 than having to force a must hold situation. Guaranteed damage over forcing an opponent to guess their way out of damage is something I’ll always value in fighting games. So as good as that might sound, it’s not a trade off that really “benefits”. This is just me though.

I mean I don’t think it’s bad or she’ll be bad. I’m just explaining why it can/can’t matter. She’s forcing holds which is good but not over guaranteed damage opportunities.

Edit: I edited it. I typed my 1st line awkwardly lol haha

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
We’ll see here’s what you’re missing. They’ll be able to hold 66KP lol. Being able to hold is never a good thing. That’s DOA. Will it cause a guess? Yes, but you’re literally having to 2 hits before it’s effective. It’s not really a big trade off. I’d much rather take 1 over 2 than having to force a must hold situation. Guaranteed damage is something I’ll always value in fighting games. So as good as that might sound, it’s not a trade off that really “benefits”. This is just me though.

I mean I don’t think it’s bad or she’ll be bad. I’m just explaining why it can/can’t matter.
Oh I get your point, I see what you mean completely xD and tbh I think they're going to make 66KP more useful in juggles since after a launch in guessing you do 66KP like how you would 66K~K and then you'll get that bounce so it's guaranteed in that case.

If you use it in stun, it can be held like how 66KK~K could be but since you now have to guess on whether Kasumi will go for 66KK, 66K~K, 66KP or a free cancel, I think it'll make the opponent really think since they'll be eating some damage if they guess wrong.

Onryoki

Standard Donor

Yes 9K bouncing is a nerf. It gave her combos from it. Not just a knockdown. It was DOA4 status in DOA5 but increased height. It’s not a groundbreaking change but yes it most certainly is a nerf. 9K in general has always been one of her best tools. It was something she used to beat out wake ups & crush special miss & lows for CH into damage. I don’t expect that to change but a nerf is a nerf whether it’s a big one or not. Trade off there will be telling.

The main thing I’m looking at now is how different is the meta game and how she’ll be playing the neutral in it. It’s really nothing new to add older tools while getting new ones. This is speculation too. So take what’s being said with a grain of salt for right now.
9K is Just a small nerf, Kasumi couldn’t get that much damage out of it anyway, maybe on featherweights but that’s about it. Kasumi is very combo oriented and has many combo starters and launchers so she’s not really at a loss here considering that she got a BT launcher with juggle options now.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Oh I get your point, I see what you mean completely xD and tbh I think they're going to make 66KP more useful in juggles since after a launch in guessing you do 66KP like how you would 66K~K and then you'll get that bounce so it's guaranteed in that case.

If you use it in stun, it can be held like how 66KK~K could be but since you now have to guess on whether Kasumi will go for 66KK, 66K~K, 66KP or a free cancel, I think it'll make the opponent really think since they'll be eating some damage if they guess wrong.
Yeah I thought of that too & that’s why I said why it could/couldn’t matter.

I’m curious about how good her lows are now too

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Yeah I thought of that too & that’s why I said why it could/couldn’t matter.

I’m curious about how good her lows are now too
Me too, especially since I haven't seen many of them on stream tbh, although tbh I'm not really fond of Kasumi's lows besides the vaulting one after strings like 6P2K, I like that low best since it has good range and good delay so if you're trying to move in on an opponent you can chuck it out to get some tip damage if they're being shy and defensive

I also want to see if 1K and 2K changed much and I want to see what 6P+K2K can do too, does Ebabil have any additional info regarding the 6P+K move and it's follow ups?

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
9K is Just a small nerf, Kasumi couldn’t get that much damage out of it anyway, maybe on featherweights but that’s about it. Kasumi is very combo oriented and has many combo starters and launchers so she’s not really at a loss here considering that she got a BT launcher with juggle options now.
Oh no. I'm not going to miss it at all really. I was just explaining why it would or wouldn't matter some. Playing Devil's Advocate :)

@KasumiLover I'm waiting on him to reply again to me on Facebook. I'll share if he posts again. I was going to show this stuff to Shade, Kwiggle, & AP too since we talk on there also.

Edit: Berzerk thinks she's really fucking good. Emperor Cow does too.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Hey I don't mean to bug you but is your friend sure Kasumi's 9K doesn't bounce?

Look at this video, if you skip to 1:32 9K still seems to cause a bounce, at least on hi counter hit:

I looked through other Kasumi gameplays and couldn't find a regular CH 9K but it should still bounce if hi counter 9K causes a bounce, unless it was removed in the recent builds of DOA6

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Hey I don't mean to bug you but is your friend sure Kasumi's 9K doesn't bounce?

Look at this video, if you skip to 1:32 9K still seems to cause a bounce, at least on hi counter hit:

I looked through other Kasumi gameplays and couldn't find a regular CH 9K but it should still bounce if hi counter 9K causes a bounce, unless it was removed in the recent builds of DOA6
It does bounce on CH. It could be that he didn’t do a juggle from it expecting a super high bounce? Or he didn’t think to try a smaller juggle like 4PKK? How recent is the video? Might have been another mistake on his behalf.

Or he might he just been thinking only NH. I figured that that note that he typed might have been wrong. It’s ok though.

Also no worries. You’re not bothering me at all haha

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
It does bounce on CH. It could be that he didn’t do a juggle from it expecting a super high bounce? Or he didn’t think to try a smaller juggle like 4PKK? How recent is the video? Might have been another mistake on his behalf.

Or he might he just been thinking only NH. I figured that that note that he typed might have been wrong. It’s ok though.
November 24th, I think this is the most recent build since Kokoro and Nico and Brad and Eliot have yet to be in a live build, but Mila and the wrestlers are in xD

And that may be it, he probably thought the bounce was removed since the bounce launch seems way more miniscule in comparison to what 9K can do in LR

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
November 24th, I think this is the most recent build since Kokoro and Nico and Brad and Eliot have yet to be in a live build, but Mila and the wrestlers are in xD

And that may be it, he probably thought the bounce was removed since the bounce launch seems way more miniscule in comparison to what 9K can do in LR
He played her a few days ago. So it might have changed.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I was in LR(Note this is just assuming Ebabil made a mistake and confused 9K NH with the bounce and they didn't remove the bounce) and 9K doesn't seem to have changed its bounce on CH, it gives the same bounce height like DOA6 does which means in LR we were restricted to only using 4PKK to follow up. But if you go in Tag practice as a Kasumi and Alpha 152 tag team to simulate as if Kasumi had her new 13i 6P+K by switching in alpha after the bounce(You have to delay a few milliseconds to simulate the recovery of 9K since if you do it RIGHT after and tag Alpha in, you'll be able to stuff PPPP and other stuff Kasumi isn't able to do herself) Alpha's 13i 6P which is the exact same attack Kasumi has in DOA6 as 6P+K is able to hit.

I think this means she'll be able to gain alot more combo possibilities from CH 9K if the regular bounce is still in since she can just 6P+KP after that for a refloat and then end in whatever the player wishes to :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD