Installing Mods Tutorial (For beginners, by beginners)

coopermon

Oh dear. I completely missed out adding the hair.
I haven't the strength tonight, I will redo the tutorial tomorrow.

Xillia

Thank you sooooo much!! it's working great :D

Here is some mods I installed:

- ChristieGoldGlitter - I chose slot 4 but in the game the mod is on costume 23

- NyoTengu black leather straps - I chose slot 5 and the mod is showing on costume 16

- Hayabusa overall - chose slot 5 and it's showing on costume number 16

So is that normal? or did it change the ingame costumes that are in these numbers. I dont understand this slots thing much. For example, on the list it says Ayane slot number 7 is free, but when you go to the game Ayane has a costume in slot number 7 .. Can you explain this please? I mean of course all the characters has costumes on these slots, so how are they free?

coopermon

Xillia, the slots don't relate to the costume numbers. so your fine.
I made a mistake on the tutorial and forgot to add the different hair styles for each character.
I've edited the tutorial, stage 13.
You may need to edit your new mods.
You can simply open dlc tool, load your new My Mods file and add the new hair.

Amaso

Thank you :)

Do I install dds files the same way? I have mods that contain only dds images.

No , I think these mods that are only dds images are uMod mods
Though no need to use it .

You need a tool called Texture Tool to use these dds images.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ec6hz31s15fof/5LRTools

Well I can safely assume you didn't extract the files from the game
Here is a tutorial for that
http://w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11118060/1/

But instead of using Archivarius , Use Archive Tool from the same Mediafire Link

@coopermon
Ah I see

coopermon

OK, now this is just doing my head in.
I have remade the offending dlc pack into two packs. the first runs fine, the second I get this:
Screenshot3859.jpg

on Tina, Rachel, Mila, Honoka, Mila and kokoro. They are all girls in the pack but not all of them.
what the fuuuu.....?
Oh and the mods do still load.

Xillia

@Amaso

I wasn't able to open dds images using these tools, the folders come up empty.
------------

When I tried adding the hairstyles some don't work well, like Tina's hat hairstyle doesn't show a hat, just hair on the sides and bald in the middle.

immi

The first step says I need a Cracked version of DOA5LR, so if I buy the game from Steam I won't be able to use mods? I'm a super noob when it comes to PC gaming and I just built my first gaming PC so sorry if the question is stupid.
if you have bought at least one DLC package (or did preorder) you can use DLC mods without needing a cracked version.
see this tutorial here: How to use mods in the steam version (link goes to loverslab, don't browse @work :p)
Works fine even for online play.
mods applied using lnk_reshuffle work fine as well with the steam version

Xillia

So we can only install a certain number of mods, right? If a character has 6 empty slots, does that mean we can only install 6 mods for that character?

coopermon

Yes that's right.
Sad but true.
I don't know much about it but I think you can create multiple instances of your games cracks .ini file i.e.
3DMGAME.ini
ALI213.ini
So if you run out of slots, you create a copy of your .ini with your new DLC files in it and swap it for your old one.
This means you can have as many costumes as you want, just not loaded all at once.
Does that make sense?
I haven't actually tried this but I'm sure I read it somewhere on these threads.

Cadaveri

Today I decided to finally install doa5lr on pc after *cough cough* downloading it about 6 months ago :p (I like to think I have supported TN by buying atleast 4-5 diffirent versions of the game on console + DLC on top of that).

Thanks for the guide, will have a go at it soon :S I just wish there were videoguides aswell.

BTW: Is there a way to unlock everything without actually having to unlock everything manually?

Last edited:

coopermon

Yes, it has all been updated.
There are other guides out there but I struggled to get my head around modding so I made this tutorial for beginers.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD