DOA5LR Intrigued by the Assassin

MiSS KEiSHH

So I've been playing doa forever and for some reason, I have a sudden interest to learn christie. I never realized how fun she is to play. Her CQC and evasion is amazing along w. her various mixups and force techs. I feel like I can get into her since I main kasumi which is a rushdown character (yet unsafe as hell) but I kinda need a push in the right direction. Any feedback is appreciated (:

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Learn the Jakeiho transitions from her strings: (Inputted usually with 2P+K/8P+K)

PPPP~JAK
PKK~JAK
6PP~JAK
KK~JAK
6K~JAK
3K~JAK

And any variation of her "rapid poke" attacks usually inputted by holding P and inputting either (2) or (8).

PP4PPP~JAK
3PPP~JAK
66PPP~JAK
BT 2PPP~JAK

Learn the different variations on pokes like her PPPPP string such as:

PPPP~JAK
PP2PP
PP2KP
PP2KT
PP4PPP
PPKK

Or any variation of these such as doing just PP2K.

Kasumi's High/Mid/Low Mix-up game is better than Christie's, though Christie can control space better and is more dangerous in a corner with her 66T, 3P+K~T, and various wall-slam moves such as 6KK, 3K, 7K, JAK~6P+K, JAK~6P, KK, etc. Your goal with Christie is to find a way to back an opponent into a corner and to keep them there. Her 5P & 6P strings can do an excellent job of keeping an opponent on the defensive. Once you've got the opponent blocking: In open space, you can use 4T to maintain pressure (or 66T/63214T for damage), or 66T when an opponent is backed into a corner.

There's obviously a lot more to her, so this here can help out too: http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/christie-as-of-doa5lr-version-1-01.5267/#post-246581

Good luck! :christie:

Last edited:

MiSS KEiSHH

Her jakeiho transitions is definitely something I have to practice some more. Along w. jakeiho, I have to remember her 3P+K~T and not to do so many mid punches along the way. I know it's gonna take some getting used to along with implementing her crushes and knowing her move set in general. I will definitely take a look at the thread you posted as well as refer to the information you posted above. Thank you so much @Force_of_Nature, I really appreciate it :D

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
You're welcome @MiSS KEiSHH :). Her throw resets are very good overall! Learning to appropriately implement Jakeiho will take the most training. If you have any more questions feel free to ask the awesome Christie players around here! TBH, I'm actually still learning, and have scrubby tendencies lol! :oops:

ULTIMa Ivanov

Standard Donor
As long as you like her and you're motivated I think you're more than half-way through. The rest will come with the practice.

Her Jakehio stance is a powerful defensive/evasive/offensive tool so you can play Christie how ever you like really (in case you're a defensive player or simply want to test your opponent's playstyle).

Also she can enter the JAK from 3PP instantly (3PP2/8P+K).

Last edited:
I'm new to DOA and Christie. I've been watching videos on youtube. There are a lot of videos of Sonic Fox and Mr Kwiggle winning tournaments with Christie. Those seemed to me like one way to learn a good way to play Christie.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Mr. Kwiggle is indeed the top Christie player, but he doesn't really play her in a traditional fashion. It's mostly that his skills at this game is just that damn good. Awesmic is the Christie veteran here.

ULTIMa Ivanov

Standard Donor
Mr. Kwiggle is indeed the top Christie player, but he doesn't really play her in a traditional fashion. It's mostly that his skills at this game is just that damn good. Awesmic is the Christie veteran here.
Mr. Kwiggle's Christie is VERY good though. Playstyle depends on the person really but I believe he's got a deep knowledge of the character.

Last edited:

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Sarcasm aside, I'm a beginner and can't help anyone.

That's why I wanted you to remove me from the expert player list.

MiSS KEiSHH

Well I'm an offensive player but I try to play as smart as I can. I know there are various ways to play a character yet I don't think I've ever seen a defensive Christie player who was actually good. I always see the standard 6pp delay grab shenanigans or just the ppp mash. Kwiggles' Christie is if not the best, one of the best of Christie players today. He's very good at the game as well as knowing his character. I know everyone wants to have their own style but I think his is definitely one to look to.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Well I'm an offensive player but I try to play as smart as I can. I know there are various ways to play a character yet I don't think I've ever seen a defensive Christie player who was actually good. I always see the standard 6pp delay grab shenanigans or just the ppp mash. Kwiggles' Christie is if not the best, one of the best of Christie players today. He's very good at the game as well as knowing his character. I know everyone wants to have their own style but I think his is definitely one to look to.
Interestingly, that's what makes Mr. Kwiggles' Christie a bit more unique. He actually can play her solid both defensively and offensively. But yes, Christie isn't a defensive character. Leifang and Ayane are.

Awesmic said:
Sarcasm aside, I'm a beginner and can't help anyone.
That's why I wanted you to remove me from the expert player list.

Dude :(, that means that Goarmagon and I will more or less be managing the Christie forums! If you're a "beginner", we're still on training wheels.

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
Come on man...You've been playing Christie for more than 10 years. I am certain that you have forgotten more about her gameplay and lore wise than I know at this point.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD