Is grabbing for big noobs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WebHead

I like to play with style so my main source of damage comes from mix up combos. It gets annoying when I start getting countered but I'd feel like a giant noob if I just spun the stick and pressed the A button to deal 40% damage.

do you think grabbing someone to do 40% damage is nooby? I havent even done 1 power blow in a match because id be so ashamed of myself.

DOA4 LIFESTYLE 4 LYFE

Tenren

No the game is setup to punish someone who holds often. Thats why throws get +dmg on high counter throws. As an alpha player my whole plan is to get you to hold then take half your life with 1 throw. After that people thend to stop holding so much

Awesmic

Standard Donor
IIRC, Web Head plays grapplers, namely Bass and Tina, if I'm not mistaken.

So where does he get this idea that grabbing is for noobs with his still-prevalent DOA4 mentality?

The answer is simple... Troll Topic Tuesdays.

FatalxInnocence

Eeeeeeh, see I'm kinda in the air about this. I think punch throwing is an extremely effective tactic that requires no skill to pull off so I always have considered that a noob tactic due to the inability to break throws. So you're forced to fuzzy guard out of it which can be hard at times since throws come out faster than a 10 frame poke, so you have to predict it.

So the initial time, yes. HOWEVER, you can't rely solely on it as it will get predictable in which case strike for a CH. I think throws unless CH/HCH should be breakable, it would make the system less flawed. Throws being non-breakable on nh is a bit stupid, and always has been in my eyes.

But it's not really a massive flaw... it's probably my only gripe with DOA tbh.

Brute

Standard Donor
On offense, my goal is to pressure someone into holding or blocking long enough that I can Izuna throw them.
If they don't fall for it, my goal is to Shoho Izuna them.
On defense, my goal is to Izuna hold them.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
I mean, some characters don't have that many tools to open people up. Throws and the fear of throws are the best way of getting damage. That's just how the game works. It's not even that scary in DOA compared to Super Turbo Chun Li's throw game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD