Is it me or does Bass have no defense against faster players??

Almowashere

I can't seem to understand how Bass can win against anyone half decent with speed. Ayane, Helena, Hitomi, Momiji and Mai seem to all be using moves that are 'safe' - meaning, I have no means to throw once their strings end. Yes this includes just 4t.

I'd like to hear from the experienced Bass players on how to prevent getting cornered outside of SS, and P+K jab (which seems to be the only viable solution , when it works)

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Grapplers typically struggle against the speedy characters in doa6 as far as I know, against them they have to rely alot more on defense and crushing them. I know with Bass it's harder since he's one of the slower characters but he has OHs and expert holds but those are more read based I think. He also has his P+K too but people always say that's not enough.

I think Bass struggles generally unless he makes a smart read or he gets the opponent on the ground and forces them up since then his OHs and throws and attacks become more threatening since he'll have more advantage from those scenarios

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Bass is slow and requires patient play because of it. Fast characters like Kasumi do have an advantage in speed, but usually they’re very unsafe. Bass is a grappler that can throw punish more moves than majority of the cast. I’m not an expert Bass player, but my advice is to rely on reads and punishes more against faster characters. Oh and, don’t forget to learn the frame data of the characters you’re struggling against and then practice how to punish those moves.

cotrienla

Like KasumiLover and Onryoki said, you have to rely on reads (guesses) and throw punishes to play Bass well. Blocking and then 6T. If you know a high is coming or if the opponent is blocking, then 1p. I'd like to add that you can use SS to avoid fast moves as well. The key to playing Bass is once he gets started, he can keep you in a loop that's hard to get out of. And don't forget to utilize his 10f BT OH. It's one of the best BT OH and OH in general in the game.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD